DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Aug 10, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,381 of 1,451
Hello from a newbie!

I'm sure dita is an excellent brand and I'm waiting to buy one of these: answer, true, awesome, gold, brass, or dream.

Can I say that the ranking of sound quality is basically :

dream > brass > gold > awesome > true > answer

Or

dream > brass = gold =awesome > true > answer

Or what?

If I don't have money to go for dream should I go for brass/ gold/ awesome or answer?

It seems to me that true is the best value product in the whole product line, isn't it?

Thanks.

Pretty much, but the truth and the awesome truth are one and the same, except that the awesome truth has the awesome plug. Sonically they should be the same.

There are a few versions of the Gold truth. The gold single ended and balanced truths are the same as the black ones, but the Gold awesome truth is slightly differently tuned from the black one. I don't know if you can say it's Better, it's different.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #1,382 of 1,451
Pretty much, but the truth and the awesome truth are one and the same, except that the awesome truth has the awesome plug. Sonically they should be the same.

There are a few versions of the Gold truth. The gold single ended and balanced truths are the same as the black ones, but the Gold awesome truth is slightly differently tuned from the black one. I don't know if you can say it's Better, it's different.

Thanks. It's very kind of you.

So I'll narrow down to the "normal" truth vs brass. Someone swear that brass is definitely better than the truth!

If I could get both at similar price second hand, should I get the brass(150 pieces Ltd edition)?

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,383 of 1,451
If you're getting both second hand maybe go audition both and decide then .... it's a stack of cash for an earphone, worth investing a bit of extra time to audition .... I'm sure they're both wonderful and it will come down to personal preference rather than 'better-worse'... (I have the simple Answer and am very happy with them... people say the truth cable brightens the Answer a tiny bit which would still be very nice [unless you dislike brighter sound]) -- enjoy :)

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #1,384 of 1,451
If you're getting both second hand maybe go audition both and decide then .... it's a stack of cash for an earphone, worth investing a bit of extra time to audition .... I'm sure they're both wonderful and it will come down to personal preference rather than 'better-worse'... (I have the simple Answer and am very happy with them... people say the truth cable brightens the Answer a tiny bit which would still be very nice [unless you dislike brighter sound]) -- enjoy :)

Thanks for your kindness.

I would love to do an audition but they are sold on line!

Both of them are around $400 plus shipping.

Aug 11, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #1,386 of 1,451
May I know where you get them from?
Yeh.
The truth from the trading forum here. The brass from yahoo Japan.

Feel free to get the truth. It should a great upgrade from answer, from what I read.

If you want to spend more money, get the dream at 1400. It's in this trading forum. It's a bargain, I think.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,392 of 1,451
as some of you might know by now, but the regular Answer is currently available at 70% OFF in hong kong's dma stores for a limited time! i picked mine up for $1499 hkd ($193 usd) this evening and running them in. Answer was listed at $500 usd but already sold out.

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #1,394 of 1,451
I am interested in the Brass version Truth. Anyone have the pleasure of hearing both to contrast them? I also wonder how the Brass will patina over time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back