Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Mar 23, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #226 of 569
I'm surprised daily by how competent the Dita Dream is so I'm definitely holding on to these babies!

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #229 of 569
How would you describe the treble signature? I'm hoping it's not too bright for my tastes.

I can't stand brightness as I'm treble sibilant. I find Dita Answer and Truths too bright for me and same as HD800s. My tastes are more for a smooth analogue kind of sound vs the analytical variety. I tend to place musicality and naturalness above all else. The Dreams are quite along my current tastes.

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #230 of 569
The treble isn't one of the Dream's strongest point. Yea, it is very detailed, but it lacks that nice treble extension and sparkle that BAs seem to do so well in. I've been letting my dream run in, and at about 200hrs in its sort of opened up to become slightly more airy, and the treble a little less raw, or edgy.

How did i hit 200 hrs? I have a rig i hook my gears in to 24/7 for that specific purpose. It just takes time.

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #231 of 569
I can't stand brightness as I'm treble sibilant. I find Dita Answer and Truths too bright for me and same as HD800s. My tastes are more for a smooth analogue kind of sound vs the analytical variety. I tend to place musicality and naturalness above all else. The Dreams are quite along my current tastes.

I personally find the Dream, while possibly leaner and better controlled down low, (mostly just much better controlled), is actually smoother in the highs and fuller in the midrange.

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #232 of 569

How would you describe the treble signature? I'm hoping it's not too bright for my tastes.

How is the extension in the subbass and the treble extension?

(Not looking for garbage comments e.g. "not for bassheads", thanks!)

Nice to see you here Kunlun, the Dream is the reason why I can't get the MG6HX yet.

Most of my current IEMs are DD, and I'm also very sensitive to treble sibilant. IMO, there is no sibilant, but the Dream is one of my brighter IEMs. But this can be quite source dependent and I don't necessarily hear that brightness on all of my sources.

The bass department is probably where I'm most impressed with for the Dream. I've lost track of the number of times where I'll be listening to a few songs and marveling at the mids, trebles, soundstage etc and suddenly comes along a song with the right amount of bass oomph and sub bass rumble. What I'm trying to say here is that the Dream is not bass light like many BA IEMs, though also unlike bass heavy earphones too. The Dream's bass only shows itself when the music calls for it so sometimes it feels like I'm listening to a neutralish bass light IEM with the bass EQ turned on automatically at the right time. Hope that makes sense.

However, I will say for my EDM songs, listening to my Dita Answer is probably more enjoyable than the Dream.

The treble isn't one of the Dream's strongest point. Yea, it is very detailed, but it lacks that nice treble extension and sparkle that BAs seem to do so well in. I've been letting my dream run in, and at about 200hrs in its sort of opened up to become slightly more airy, and the treble a little less raw, or edgy.

How did i hit 200 hrs? I have a rig i hook my gears in to 24/7 for that specific purpose. It just takes time.

I personally find the Dream, while possibly leaner and better controlled down low, (mostly just much better controlled), is actually smoother in the highs and fuller in the midrange.

Out of these 3 observations, I will agree with WCDchee the most. Like he said, it's the control that I'm most impressed with. It's also not as thin and more full bodied than most flat IEMs while maintaining the same or better level of clarity and detail resolution. 

Personally I'm more than satisfied with the level of treble extension that the Dream provides but I can understand if people prefer more, it's all a matter of personal preferences.

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #236 of 569

The dream sings when it is well fed with sufficient power....

Does aftermarket cables fit more securely? I had a mild scare today on an escalator when unpacking my iems from the case and one of the sides conveniently dislodged itself from the cable! I literally caught it in mid air and cannot bring myself to think if it flew 3 storeys down the mall....

Mar 28, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #237 of 569

The Dream off my balanced modded mojo is just ridiculous. The resolution, transparency and the soundstage are simply top notch and I find it difficult to imagine a portable setup getting much better.

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #238 of 569
Does aftermarket cables fit more securely? I had a mild scare today on an escalator when unpacking my iems from the case and one of the sides conveniently dislodged itself from the cable! I literally caught it in mid air and cannot bring myself to think if it flew 3 storeys down the mall....

Aftermarket cables definitely do fit better than the stock cables, though I still wouldn't take the chance since the Dream is still much looser compared to other IEMs

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #239 of 569

The Dream off my balanced modded mojo is just ridiculous. The resolution, transparency and the soundstage are simply top notch and I find it difficult to imagine a portable setup getting much better.

Wait a sec... A balanced Mojo??? 
blink.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #240 of 569
Wait a sec... A balanced Mojo??? :blink:

Hehe. It's not the musashi mod. It's way cheaper (nothing like how the musashi mod costs the price of a new mojo), and sounds way better.

I find it to actually best the Hugo in terms of precision and resolution after the mod, albeit still slightly smaller in staging, but not much. Resolution and staging are all markedly improved from the stock mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back