Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Mar 31, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #241 of 569
I am currently looking at TOTL earphones and the Dream is one of the "yet to to try" in consideration.
I have given the Awesome Truth a listen, and although it is decent, it does not make the cut compared to the Noble Katana or the Jomo Samba.

If any of the lucky early adopter has comparison points against the Noble, Jomo or Awesome, how do they compare?

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #242 of 569

Hehe. It's not the musashi mod. It's way cheaper (nothing like how the musashi mod costs the price of a new mojo), and sounds way better.

I find it to actually best the Hugo in terms of precision and resolution after the mod, albeit still slightly smaller in staging, but not much. Resolution and staging are all markedly improved from the stock mojo.

Very interesting. I might have to add the Mojo back to my wishlist 
popcorn.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #243 of 569

Hehe. It's not the musashi mod. It's way cheaper (nothing like how the musashi mod costs the price of a new mojo), and sounds way better.

I find it to actually best the Hugo in terms of precision and resolution after the mod, albeit still slightly smaller in staging, but not much. Resolution and staging are all markedly improved from the stock mojo.

Able to share the modder's identity?

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #247 of 569
I might have missed it, but still no news on a fix for the issue, and more importantly for me, when production child really start?
I am getting impatient and every day have to resist getting the Katana as I want to try those first.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #249 of 569
I might have missed it, but still no news on a fix for the issue, and more importantly for me, when production child really start?
I am getting impatient and every day have to resist getting the Katana as I want to try those first.

I have a heard the katana, and there hasn't been a single day when i think to myself "i wish i had the katana instead of the dream'.

Think a level of resolution one level above the katana, with a way more bodied mids and bass impact, with a slightly reduced treble peak, and then that is in essence the dream.

Note tho, that this is on a non VDH cable. I've always found the vdh cables to be holding the dita iems back...

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #250 of 569
I have a heard the katana, and there hasn't been a single day when i think to myself "i wish i had the katana instead of the dream'.

Think a level of resolution one level above the katana, with a way more bodied mids and bass impact, with a slightly reduced treble peak, and then that is in essence the dream.

Note tho, that this is on a non VDH cable. I've always found the vdh cables to be holding the dita iems back...

Thank you for your comment.
How sensitive is the dream compared to the Katana?
Hiss is one reason I am still searching for a TOTL headphone since the one I initially decided on is too sensitive (Jomo Samba), and while the Katana is better, I can still hear a slight noise.

And concerning the Dream, which cable are you using? I think I read somewhere here that the is an issue with polarity with the Dream meeting it difficult to upgrade the cable.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #251 of 569
Thank you for your comment.
How sensitive is the dream compared to the Katana?
Hiss is one reason I am still searching for a TOTL headphone since the one I initially decided on is too sensitive (Jomo Samba), and while the Katana is better, I can still hear a slight noise.

And concerning the Dream, which cable are you using? I think I read somewhere here that the is an issue with polarity with the Dream meeting it difficult to upgrade the cable.

There isnt a polarity issue; tested and tried with a multimeter. Works with any standard 2pin wire. 

It doesnt hiss on any of my gear...but it is a rather power hungry iem. You will need an amp to power it perfectly, or have a player like the 1A/Z or the Paw gold to run it as is. 

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #252 of 569
There isnt a polarity issue; tested and tried with a multimeter. Works with any standard 2pin wire. 

It doesnt hiss on any of my gear...but it is a rather power hungry iem. You will need an amp to power it perfectly, or have a player like the 1A/Z or the Paw gold to run it as is. 

Thanks again.
Currently I own the ZX2, so yes, I might need to upgrade if I go with the Dream.

On tonality and frequency response, any chance to have compared it with Etymotic ER4 (XR)?
Despite having owned technically better earphones, those are the ones I go back to.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #253 of 569
Thanks again.
Currently I own the ZX2, so yes, I might need to upgrade if I go with the Dream.

On tonality and frequency response, any chance to have compared it with Etymotic ER4 (XR)?
Despite having owned technically better earphones, those are the ones I go back to.

I've not heard the ER4 before, or I may have, but not remembered it, so I am unfortunately unable to help you there. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #255 of 569
Thanks again.

The ER4 XR was an earphones that I wanted to buy because I lack a fully flat and detail-oriented earphones. I tried both the XR and SR and slightly preferred the XR due to its more musical and strong bass presence tonality.

The Dream blows the XR out of the water. It might not be as flat as the XR, but it's much more musical, while still being more neutrally tuned compared to the rest of my earphones. Bass wise, the Dream is immensely competent, pumping out copious amount of bass when called for, but absent when not needed.

TL:DR The Dream and ER4 XR have different tonality but for my preference, the Dream is much much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back