Disappointed with koss ksc 75
May 10, 2007 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

gigabyte

New Head-Fier
I just got Koss ksc 75. I listened to it with most genres of music: pop, rock, classical... and i was disappointed, it just slightly better than my stock ear phone.

May 10, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 69
Give them to me then.

May 10, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 69
Guess you'll just have to spend a week or so purely with the KSC75, then try again.

Personally, I liked them a lot more than any stock ones, but to each their own.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 69
I find it hard to be disappointed with headphones that cost me $15 including shipping.

they're not earth-shatteringly good, but they're pretty good for the money. hold their own pretty well vs. px100 . . .

May 10, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #7 of 69
blink.gif
I am surprised. Only slightly better than stock? What is your stock?

Ah well, each to their own. Trade em to xnothingpoetic - continue a fine Head fi tradition!
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it hard to be disappointed with headphones that cost me $15 including shipping.

they're not earth-shatteringly good, but they're pretty good for the money. hold their own pretty well vs. px100 . . .

It's quite good but i think it will be far better than it is now because i read many reviews about it and all people say that it's very good even compare to the high lvl headphone like grado.
I just got it today, does it need to burn in to prove it best?
@xnothingpoetic: I'm from vietnam
blink.gif

May 10, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #9 of 69
the KSC75's are not bad.... maybe you set your expectation too high?.... possibly because of all those sensational posts claiming modded KSC is comparable to the K1000? "The most severely underestimated headphones" (and somehow the Grado SR60 is also in that category)? best sound under $50, etc etc....?
blink.gif

I am kind of disappointed with the KSC75 too, they don't quite live up to the hype you see around here. But they are still the best sound in that price range ($16 and under), kind of like a "Ghetto SuperStar" of the headphones
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 10, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #11 of 69
They may get hyped here a lot. So, your expectations might have been high, but they are much better than any stock earphones to my ears.

Either way, for the price, as long as they work you get your moneys worth.

May 10, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #12 of 69
I think they are undrestimated
tongue.gif
I use them about the same amount of time as I do my HD650, I think these HPs is so F&%(/&#* Good that it is scary.

BTW I use them with Rotel rcd-06 and MF X-can v3, the soundstage is HUGE!

I guess they just don't have the sound you like, or your nano plus might be the problem.

May 10, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #13 of 69
If you're disappointed by the KSC-75 (and have given them some time to burn in), you probably won't be impressed by any higher end headphones either. You'll almost certainly find higher end headphones to be a waste of money. The KSC-75 gets you most of the way (at least 85%) towards some very expensive headphones... that's reality, not spin. You might be satisfied by particularly colored headphones, like Grados, but I doubt it.

This isn't a bad thing. You can get out of the hobby without spending any more money
smily_headphones1.gif
People spend enormous amounts of money chasing that last 15%.

I've heard most of the very expensive headphones and owned some of them, and now my KSC-35s are my main listening cans when I'm not using speakers. That's how good these inexpensive Koss units are (though, contrary to popular opinion, the KSC-35s do not use the same drivers, but they're close enough).

May 10, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #14 of 69
Also did you try modding them?

Do a search for "kramer mod" and "ksc75"

And if you really don't like them now, burring in wont help a whole lot.

EDIT: and make sure to give them some more time (like a month).

When I first got my ms-1 I wasn't really impressed at all, but now whenever I listen to them, I get the WOW factor.

Damn now I wish I wasn't at school and away from my cans!

May 10, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #15 of 69
I just got it and this is only my first impression.
I haven't burned in it. After burn in, does it sounds better?
@xnothingpoetic: i have read this mod and i'm quite interested but i think the stock ksc 75 can sound good without moded.
Tomorrow, i will borrow my friend's sony bean mp3 to try with my Koss, hope it will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back