digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Apr 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #376 of 1,021
Okay, in that case, I'll have to recheck, but I think the iPod nano beats out for full volume (just that) vs. the z02, but then again, my DT880 600Ω get way too loud via the nano for me.

Quote:
Totally agree. I just can't get full sized headphones quite to the level of volume I would like...I went through some troubleshooting with Digizoid and they said they probably just needed to boost the gain a tad on mine. I actually love it with my IEMs though, so I didn't feel it was necessary to send it back for the gain boost. When I use the headphone jack with the ZO on high gain, it's fine...I just prefer to use the LOD instead, and that's where it comes up just a tad short. But it's not even an issue anymore since it does such an amazing job with my Atrio IEMs.

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #377 of 1,021

Quote:
I'd really like to see a portable amp with smartvektor across the entire audio spectrum. If they can do it with bass, can they do it with treble, or midrange? That sort of thing. A pristine, non bleeding boost to the desired area without any distortion.

It's what's rumored to be the next installment of ZO, bass AND treble control and they've shown prototypes of it quite a while ago already. I also haven't heard any better working bass boost yet but I think that's due to the fact it stays completely analog in the entire process, I'm sure if ZO converted the signal to digital and then did the processing to the sound and then back to analog, then the results would be far far worse and obviously would be expensier to make.

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #378 of 1,021

Quote:
It's what's rumored to be the next installment of ZO, bass AND treble control and they've shown prototypes of it quite a while ago already. I also haven't heard any better working bass boost yet but I think that's due to the fact it stays completely analog in the entire process, I'm sure if ZO converted the signal to digital and then did the processing to the sound and then back to analog, then the results would be far far worse and obviously would be expensier to make.

Indeed. I remember a conversation we had along with MizMoxie regarding several steps of ZO along the way, which included bass and treble controls, alternate interface inputs, up to a full SmartVektor implementation. I'm certainly eager to see progress on a few of those things.

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #379 of 1,021
I was not aware of that conversation, but now i'm excited.
Quote:
Indeed. I remember a conversation we had along with MizMoxie regarding several steps of ZO along the way, which included bass and treble controls, alternate interface inputs, up to a full SmartVektor implementation. I'm certainly eager to see progress on a few of those things.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #383 of 1,021
Does anyone know where i could get a replacement USB cable...I have emailed Digizoid asking them also, as I understand it is not a standard size so will ebay be a no go?

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #384 of 1,021
Its a standard male USB-mini b plug. The same used to charge older blackberries and a common USB termination for external USB HDD. You shouldn't have any difficulty acquiring one. I will post a link in a minute

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/Cables-To-Go-27005-Mini-B/dp/B000067RVL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334596844&sr=8-1

It just happens to be that the USB port looks small compared to how it looks on most other devices, but it's a standard cable
Quote:
Does anyone know where i could get a replacement USB cable...I have emailed Digizoid asking them also, as I understand it is not a standard size so will ebay be a no go?

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #387 of 1,021

Quote:
thanks allot mate! 

no probs 
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #389 of 1,021

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Any idea if l will have to pay any kind of duty if l buy it directly from them ?

God that is a good question!
I would contact them :)
They are very nice people to chat to, and I'm sure, just like Accessory Jack in HK, they will sort something out for customs!

If it is a REAL problem...I could try and help you out via my aunt in the USA - but you would have to act fast in buying :)

Apr 17, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #390 of 1,021
I have a ZO2.3 on the way...along with some CKS77´s...really looking forward to hear that bass from my Sony Z1060 
biggrin.gif

Oh BTW...cant use high gain if I use a LOD?

Interesting to read that it is very different depending on Low gain and high gain...I may decide not to use the Fiio L5 LOD i just ordered and use a 3.5mm connector from HP out...strange 
confused.gif

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back