digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Jan 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #106 of 1,021

Quote:
Hmm, that is interesting. It has been working perfectly since the issue and still doesn't need to be recharged. I suppose it could have been a combination with the ipod also being cold. When I tested my RE0 directly into the ipod it had been inside for awhile. I'll see if I can replicate the problem within the next few days. I was outside today for about an hour using it (36 degrees) but I had it in my down coat this time.

If you mean farenheit it shouldn't be a problem. I've used my ZO for 30 mins in -15 C with no problems.

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #107 of 1,021
Something happened to make my ZO2 lose volume and become distorted. The only thing I can think of was the cold weather. It was a rainy day (humid) but I wasn't in the rain. After being inside for about 30min it fixed itself. I did not charge it and I have been listening to it for about 5hours since with no problems.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #108 of 1,021

Quote:
Clip + ZO sure is a very nice alternative to J3 + BBE Mach3Bass.

The J3's have more options though, like bbe Headphone etc, whereas Digizoid only has one variable. I'll try and get both and eventually return one but some opinions from experienced users would be useful. I've read your review of the DO1 dfkt, when you said you preferred the digizoid compared to bbe did you mean just the Mach3bass or did you mean the whole bbe settings.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #109 of 1,021
32 and sunny today. Outside for about an hour with my ipod and ZO2 with no problems. I didn't have the ZO2 or ipod in any pocket just outside in the cold. I have no idea what could have cause the problem I experienced. Hopefully it was just some weird anomaly and not something wrong with my ZO2.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #110 of 1,021

Quote:
32 and sunny today. Outside for about an hour with my ipod and ZO2 with no problems. I didn't have the ZO2 or ipod in any pocket just outside in the cold. I have no idea what could have cause the problem I experienced. Hopefully it was just some weird anomaly and not something wrong with my ZO2.

I'm pretty sure your ZO is fine, but if it happens again, make sure to document *exactly* what happens and let me know. That way, we can try and duplicate the incident. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #111 of 1,021

Quote:
The J3's have more options though, like bbe Headphone etc, whereas Digizoid only has one variable. I'll try and get both and eventually return one but some opinions from experienced users would be useful. I've read your review of the DO1 dfkt, when you said you preferred the digizoid compared to bbe did you mean just the Mach3bass or did you mean the whole bbe settings.

I prefer the original ZO to the sonicmaxpro app for my iPhone that has all the bbe settings.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #112 of 1,021

Quote:
I prefer the original ZO to the sonicmaxpro app for my iPhone that has all the bbe settings.

lol Another comment swaying me away from the cowon and towards the ZO2. Hopefully they'll get back into stock.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #114 of 1,021

Quote:
We have stock readily available! 
wink_face.gif

Not in England 
frown.gif
. AdvanceMp3players.co.uk is the only site selling them and they are out of stock. I e-mailed someone from your site and they said that Amp3 have ordered more stock. I've tried contacting Amp3 themselves and have received no reply.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #115 of 1,021

Quote:
lol Another comment swaying me away from the cowon and towards the ZO2. Hopefully they'll get back into stock.

Aren't the ZO2s ini stock? I think it was only backordered until the 9th. I ordered mine around the 24th and I'm just waiting until they ship it to me.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #116 of 1,021
Hey I have a Cowon D3 coming and was going to get a ZO also, would they make a good match or am I duplicating many features that I can get already on a D3?
I've been reading the website and find it interesting but you head-fi guys know the real skinny so what is it????

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #119 of 1,021

Quote:
In the middle of reviewing the ZO 2.3, and today was IEM listening day. Man, my Etymotic ER-6i are not happy on the ZO. Anyone else have this experience?

Don't have IEMs but I presume it's in low gain mode (blue bar) otherwise it won't really work out.

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #120 of 1,021
I suppose no1 here has experience with BeyerDynamic DT990 PRO 250 ohm + ZO or any other BeyerDynamic 250 ohm headphones (pretty all of them has the listed spec as 96dB sensitivity too). I'm worried how it'll handle this 250 ohm headphone (distortion-wise) and how high you have to increase the volume on the source, for what it's worth I also have the ZO2.1 which seems to be slightly more powerful than ZO2.3 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back