digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
May 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #571 of 1,021
My digizoid arrived with issues. Sending it back and hope to try another. Things like not being able to turn it off except after several tries; insufficient amplification and questionable bass response convinced me that mine was defective. Sucks, because of the distance between me and the retailer. Actually getting a refund and will repurchase somewhere closer, now that I've been burned with a turkey. :frowning2:

May 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #572 of 1,021
you should wait on burn in dude. I didnt like the bass boost at first. I also have trouble sometimes turning the device off. if you're getting a little blinking green light when you try turning it off, you didn't turn it off properly, instead you moved the little switch to a side while depressing it so it tries to change modes into something not used by the current ZO. If that's what happens, thats exactly what I get, and I have contacted them about it. 

Also, you aren't too far away, you are in the US. some users are not even on the same continent as digiZoid. 
Quote:
My digizoid arrived with issues. Sending it back and hope to try another. Things like not being able to turn it off except after several tries; insufficient amplification and questionable bass response convinced me that mine was defective. Sucks, because of the distance between me and the retailer. Actually getting a refund and will repurchase somewhere closer, now that I've been burned with a turkey. :frowning2:

May 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #573 of 1,021
Have you ever used the pay binoculars like the one in the photo? These are hilariously bad; the level of magnification you get can be equaled by the naked eye if you walked three feet in front of the binoculars.

This is the kind of amplification boost I got from my ZO. I'm going to try another one and hope that I get better amplification; satisfactory bass boost, and a switch that doesn't drive me crazy.

May 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #574 of 1,021
Quote:

Just wanted to make sure... you are holding the switch in for 2-3 seconds to turn off the ZO, right? Otherwise, it will just go back and forth between the volume and contour adjustment modes. 
wink.gif

May 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #575 of 1,021
@MizMoxie

I have also experienced the same problem as him. Seems to be totally random, but sometimes I'll try to turn it off, the led goes off then right back on as soon as I let go. No change in color or anything. To test the idea it may just be switching, I held it down until the led shut off. I continued to hold down the power button for about 5 seconds and the led was off the entire time. As soon as I let it go, it turned back on to the same mode.

It doesn't really bother me at all, just odd the first time it happened to me. I found it still on in my bag after I could've sworn I turned it off a few hours before. After playing around, I found I could duplicate the results about 15% of the time.

May 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #576 of 1,021
Quote:
@MizMoxie

I have also experienced the same problem as him. Seems to be totally random, but sometimes I'll try to turn it off, the led goes off then right back on as soon as I let go. No change in color or anything. To test the idea it may just be switching, I held it down until the led shut off. I continued to hold down the power button for about 5 seconds and the led was off the entire time. As soon as I let it go, it turned back on to the same mode.

It doesn't really bother me at all, just odd the first time it happened to me. I found it still on in my bag after I could've sworn I turned it off a few hours before. After playing around, I found I could duplicate the results about 15% of the time.

I have the same issue. LED turns back on after I thought it was off, but I'm not hugely bothered by this.

May 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #577 of 1,021
I've had the same issue with it turning back on and only with ZO2.3. But here's the thing, you need to press it down only roughly 1.5~2 secs and then let go just before the LED turns off, then it always goes off, if you keep it pressed longer than that it may turn back on.

May 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #578 of 1,021
Quote:

I'm pretty sure it is not defective and that you'll have exactly the same issues on the new one ; )

My advice is: use it paired with a GOOD amp just for the ZO2 to act as a subwoofer, as it does wonders in this respect. Alone (without a decent amp) lets much to be desired.

May 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #579 of 1,021
While i agree he's going to have the same issues, i don't advise pairing with another amp. unless that's what he wants. The ZO2 does well for things, and they may be looking for an all in one solution. Try using a line out, or checking that your source is outputting loud enugh. This may be an issue tat's causing you to think it's underpowered. Also, try using high-gain mode with a headphone out and using the volume on your device, perfect for power-hungry headphones. Also, I'd give it 50-65+ hours of use to truly burn in and make the audio quality reach its optimal performance. Do these things, and you will not be unhappy....or you will be, and the next ZO2 won't be any different.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it is not defective and that you'll have exactly the same issues on the new one ; )

My advice is: use it paired with a GOOD amp just for the ZO2 to act as a subwoofer, as it does wonders in this respect. Alone (without a decent amp) lets much to be desired.

May 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #581 of 1,021
I certainly don't mean to pile on, but I understand the switch can be a little tricky sometimes. If you hold in the switch until the LightBar turns off, and then immediately release, it will turn off. But, if you keep holding it in after the LightBar turns off, it may turn back on.

May 16, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #582 of 1,021
Give me a separate on/off switch any day. :)

May 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #584 of 1,021
I'd love if they did something like the Arrow 4G has and it turns on automatically on input. would definitely allow them to make use of the single control mechanism in a even more intuitive way since you would only press it in to toggle between volume and bass controls and up/down in each mode for more or less bass or volume
Quote:
Give me a separate on/off switch any day. :)

May 16, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #585 of 1,021
Quote:
I'd love if they did something like the Arrow 4G has and it turns on automatically on input. would definitely allow them to make use of the single control mechanism in a even more intuitive way since you would only press it in to toggle between volume and bass controls and up/down in each mode for more or less bass or volume

I'm surprised there aren't more amps with this feature, surely it can't be too difficult/expensive to implement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back