digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
May 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #556 of 1,021
Any1 else tried using multiple ZOs in succession yet?

I can't find words of how great ZO2.3 (low-gain) -> ZO1.0 -> DN-HP700 headphones sound like, it's like everything gets amazing, bass punchiness/articulation is extremely impressive, it's more of a "feel-the-bass" added thing than audible bloated bass addition as long as you stick to the lower contour levels. The bass despite double-amping like that is extremely well textured with this headphone at least. This headphone already has a bit emphasized bass so if you go higher you'll get scaringly strong bass output but I didn't hear any clipping occuring though, it sounded clean for such a large boost it added but at the point you start increasing the bass it becomes more like a brain vibrator haha. 

Besides the bass the equally striking detail is how mids sound so clear, realistic with so much definition and weight. You hear every tiny nuance in the voice. Instruments equally impressive, especially guitars which gets so much weight to them I can "feel" every note played. This headphone is impressive on its own but with ZO2.3 + ZO1 it's on an entire different level.

The soundstage also is very good doing so, it's more like slightly improved than getting worse, I think the positioning gets clearer. Another thing that is greatly improved is the Dynamic range, everything sounds more dynamic.

Volume level wise the ZO2.3 (low gain) + ZO1 it's like if I maybe would use 40~43% on the source ampless, then I use about 29% with this config which fits there somewhere in-between low and high gain setting if using only ZO2.3.

May 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #557 of 1,021
Is it just me, or did the zo go from flavor of the month to hidden gem?

I love this thing and am a bit surprised that its not getting the love that it used to.  I know its a shade below audiophile quality, but it makes any headpohone/iem really fun, and that's something that no other audio gear that I know of can do. With it, I feel like I lose a bit of micro details, but the macro details are brought out (if that makes sense?), and everything becomes a lot more musical.  Anyway, I wish the company the best of luck, and can't wait for the zo3 (please come out with an iPhone 5 case 
biggrin.gif
).

May 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #558 of 1,021
I just managed to order the ZO2.3 from 'advancedmp3players',at least l think it's the ZO2.3,it's not very clear which version ZO2 their selling.

Just a few of qustions,do you guys use rubber bands to hold the ZO & your player together ?
If so,what do you use ? If not,what do you use instead ?

Thanks

May 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #559 of 1,021
Quote:
I just managed to order the ZO2.3 from 'advancedmp3players',at least l think it's the ZO2.3,it's not very clear which version ZO2 their selling.

Just a few of qustions,do you guys use rubber bands to hold the ZO & your player together ?

Thanks

I use a little strip of velcro

May 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #560 of 1,021
You can tell whether or not you've got a z02.3 by whether or not you can go into high gain mode- if you can crank the volume (blue) all the way to purple, then you've got a zo2.3.  I'd be surprised if you didn't- I'm pretty sure that they caught all the earlier editions before they reached distributors.

Also I use scotch clear mounting squares:http://compare.ebay.com/like/110829326370?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Just one is strong enough to hold the zo to your DAP; one square can support up to 51grams and the zo weighs 26.6grams.  Just save the plastic backing, and you can use one forever because you can clean the dirt off with soap and water, but even if you don't you get 35 in a pack and they're cheap.  Plus they create the smallest footprint since they're really slim (maybe half a millimeter?) and they don't get in the way of the DAP's controls like bands can.

My 2cents, but do whatever works for you.

May 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #561 of 1,021
Thanks for the info guys,l was expecting my Z02.3 to arrive tomorrow unfortunately just got an email from from 'advancedmp3players' saying that they are 'Out Of Stock'. A week after l paid for it & them emailing me,saying that they were sending it. 
confused_face(1).gif

May 9, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #562 of 1,021
Quote:
Thanks for the info guys,l was expecting my Z02.3 to arrive tomorrow unfortunately just got an email from from 'advancedmp3players' saying that they are 'Out Of Stock'. A week after l paid for it & them emailing me,saying that they were sending it. 
confused_face(1).gif

I hope you didn't pay for shipping. If you did, you should contact their customer service and try to get it refunded.

May 9, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #563 of 1,021
I just returned mine. Ordered it from OneCall which was painless. The bass adjustment was really nice. The levels provided a small enough boost on low so as to not be overpowering and it wasn't muddy at all. Unfortunately I would notice static as the music stopped. Maybe it was the balanced armatures being pushed too hard in my JH11. There was a slight background hiss but it wasn't noticeable when the music was playing. The JH11 are quite sensitive so you may have better results with less sensitive phones. I guess if you are a bass head and not terribly picky about background noise it is a worthwhile product.

May 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #565 of 1,021
Oh Im getting hissing from the ZO2.3 aswell with CKS77 (very efficient IEM´s though!) it doesnt bother be too much though as all my music crossfades :D 

BTW I just use blue tack to hold it onto my DAP...very solidly on doesnt move at all and adds no more width like velcro does! 

May 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #566 of 1,021
Quote:

I hope you didn't pay for shipping. If you did, you should contact their customer service and try to get it refunded.

They have offered me the option of a full refund or to wait till they get more in stock.Unfortunately they are the only company that stock it in the U.K & l don't want to deal with import taxes.So l might give them a week to get more stock in.

May 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #567 of 1,021
Quote:
You can tell whether or not you've got a z02.3 by whether or not you can go into high gain mode- if you can crank the volume (blue) all the way to purple, then you've got a zo2.3.

Just a friendly reminder... max volume is purple, and high gain mode is pink. Please watch the following video to be sure you have it correct: http://youtu.be/U_O61NdGnmw

All ZO's purchased through one of our distributors is a ZO2.3!

May 10, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #568 of 1,021
I use Andro-branded gaffer's tape that I used to use on my table tennis bats. Since I no longer play table tennis...
Quote:

Thanks

May 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #569 of 1,021
Hmm, again wish I could hear both E11 and Zo2.3 my self

the E11 just being a volume booster isn't a bad thing, and the Zo2 adding imporved sq makes it sound colored where as I really just want louder bass I guess. *sigh* still I'm sure in the end I'll have them both. Although that future is a ways away! I'm getting an E17 first as I need a good DAC and Amp... Fiio E6 not the best amp and I have no DAC atm so, it's about time to fix that b4 I get into face shattering bass ^^

May 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #570 of 1,021
Quote:
the E11 just being a volume booster isn't a bad thing

Thats not true. http://www.head-fi.org/t/552605/fiio-e11-the-initial-impression-final-thought

To me it beats the ZO2.3 by quite a large margin. Transparency, detail, treble, soundstage. The ZO2 is a VERY GOOD subwoofer, but just a "ok" amp IMO. I'm forced to use it paired with the E11 for greater SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back