digiZoid ZO1 / ZO2.3 Portable Headphone Amp Review
Dec 18, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #61 of 88

Quote:
No, read again, it's ZO2 version/revision 3, the earlier ones weren't quite perfect so now they've fixed all the "issues". But yes they have already developed samples of what could be a future ZO3 which is said to have full SmartVektor control so you can also control treble levels but this one we'll have to wait quite a while before it'll get launched. :wink:

wow, a treble booster...that would be a direct competitor to the arrow.
that would be very nice addition to the almost perfect rounded and fun bass.

Quote:
That should read 'ZO2 R3' as in 'Release 3', IMO (maybe 'R2.3' if we are being pedantic). DigiZoid bungled their initial attempt to fix the problems with the ZO2 'r1', resulting in a recall for both 'V1' and 'V2' - in a perfect world, there wouldn't even be a 'v2'. How many recalls have Fiio made ? iBasso ? Headamp ?

thank you guys for the info.
its been awhile.
i still have mine (v.1) and still enjoying my analog sounding bass amp Zo.

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #62 of 88
just some feedback on my ZOv1 and how amazed I am with how this little guy can reproduce the signal from my Voyager, even when the battery on the Voyager can't put out any sound from my Voyager? the sound will be super faint from the Voyager but you can't really tell that when I put the signal thru the ZO? its only when I turn off the ZO or when it finally starts to sound distorted that I know the Voyagers battery is almost completely gone, even though they are rechargeable batteries I get all the charge from them when listening thru the ZO ? I am simply amazed how this little guy can give sound when there is barely any signal coming from  the amp ? hhmmm go figure,

I am ssooo happy as hell with what I have and enjoying extremely ssoooo much!!!

lod from my iPod Classic 7th gen>Voyager amp>ZOv1>Sony EX600s!!!!!!!! a ZOwinning combo!!!!

KA-SWEET!!!!

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #64 of 88
hhmmm DJ, yes that might be true, or as Tolkien says, that does have a amp/ring of truth to it ? lol, not too sure really, but how this sounds is superb to saying the least!! and KA-SWEET at the most, llol, but either way would be double amping ?, but what the ZO really does isn't really amping from what I understand, it just enhances whats already there, and I really like what the Voyager provides, which is an EXCELLENT foundation for the ZO to enhance from! my ZO is the morter that holds the music together, it fills in all the little gaps, and provides me with solid walls of listening contentment to go thru my entire day with serene bliss, and the joy of my music never comes crashing down on me, ggrrr! well the battery has run out on me from time to time, and I find sollace in my refuge of sound, protected from all the bad things that life wroughts me with, oops sorry OT, I just got done watching Alice in Wonderland, a pretty cool movie, I liked the way the story was portrayed, Johnnys got it going on for sure,

well I get into my tunes more than the BS of everything else, it is my grains of salt so to speak, so when the sh!t hits the fan I'm not standing in front of it for a change, and I can take it with a grain of salt, lol,

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #65 of 88
Yea we don't know for sure how this ZO works like, might not work like a traditional amp so using it with an amp may not be a bad thing necessarily (I'm just worried how ZO would handle the amped signal so it doesn't become too strong for it).

At least out of all headphone out sources I've tried it with it sounds fantastic but no idea about an external amp though.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #66 of 88
yes we do, it has the Hulks DNA fused to its circuits, v3 will have Supermans, duh everybody knows that, lol, the only question is, how do they get them to sit still for the extraction process?

and I've heard what dbl amping sounds like and this is no dbl amping effect, I ran my Arrow after my Voyager, and boy oh boy that sure was crappy, so the Voyager>Zov1 sure is ggrrreat sh!t maynard, lol,

and the Voyager does have a volume pot, since the ZOv1 doesn't, and would run full tilt with my iPods lod or whatever signal runs thru it, so the Voyager acts as a fancy expensive volume controler, to get the better LO signal out of the iPod, vs. the HO, so I've never had an issue of it being too loud for me, if that's what your refering to?

hey RPG if you have an amp, try tossing it into the mix, you might be happily surprised, that's if your Blood Type is BH, lol, be like Tony The Tiger, iitttssss GGRRRREAT!! lol

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #67 of 88

Quote:
and well the Voyager does have a volume pot, since the ZOv1 doesn't and runs full tilt with whatever signal runs thru it, I've never had an issue of it being too loud for me, if that's what your refering to?

Was more thinking of the ZO if it can handle the input power of what Voyager outputs without taking any damage in the long run. :p But yea if you don't run the amp on full volume it should be fine I suppose if it has a variable volume potentiometer that should limit the signal strength right? I haven't looked at Voyager so don't know what it has but most do anyway.

But yea it seems like ZO has some kind of proprietary design, would be very curious to know how the setup of it looks like but wouldn't digiZoid keep that as a secret other manufacturers would probably try to copy it quite fast. :p

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #68 of 88

Quote:
But yea it seems like ZO has some kind of proprietary design, would be very curious to know how the setup of it looks like but wouldn't digiZoid keep that as a secret other manufacturers would probably try to copy it quite fast.

ZO SmartVektor = Magic ([size=small]Eye of newt, toe of frog, wool of bat, leg of lizard, etc, etc.)[/size]

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #69 of 88

Quote:

ZO SmartVektor = Magic ([size=small]Eye of newt, toe of frog, wool of bat, leg of lizard, etc, etc.)[/size]

LOL, but it does work like magic haha, hard to explain it by science why it does what it does to sound. :D

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #71 of 88
sorry, deleted, non contributing content​

updated: and yes you are right Estreeter, it is like freebassing!!!! freebassing sound that is,

it's a totaly awesome "double amping" experience!!!

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #72 of 88

Quote:
whatever, piss off ester, back to your usual bs, and making comments about peoples comments, how plasea, and oh ssooo unoriginal, take some self esteem courses, and get over, or out from under yourself, this is Head-Fi, not AA, but you probably can't see the diference, you have such crappy selfesteem, that you have to knock around any input, opinions, feedback, to you everybody is on drugs, hhmmm, figures, your answer for most, have a drink a shut up! nobody likes an angry drunk! I bet your middle name is Dick, LOL,

Maybe not the best way to attack back yourself but I understand your point about estreeter's comments sometimes, can be quite annoying sometimes.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #74 of 88
Sorry perhaps I should be more clear, I was thinking you should rather take the matter to a moderator than start opening up against him like this in the forum, it will in 90% of cases lead nowhere. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back