DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Jan 2, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #31 of 605
Cool. Interesting though. You and I differ in that I prefer to trust people who have made a lifelong career out of recording rather than my inexpert fumblings.
If you are fortunate enough to have excellent ears and knowledge great but I know that I do not. I can tell when something is "right" and when something is "wrong" but the tiny increments and adjustments that lie in between are beyond me. Maybe PM if you want to continue...

I just felt I had to reply one more time as this reply is kind of like an anti-thesis to my message. My point is that objectively defined "right" sound isn't necessarily what you will enjoy hearing the most. For me that would be lack of bass and maybe a bit too lean and "polite" sound. I like it more aggressive (do not confuse with bright sound). If your senses/brain or whatever that is actually the cause for your headphone listening and makes you enjoy hearing something more than another headphone or sound signature has to offer, then great! Then it's the "right" for you, irrelevant of whether it can be classified objectively "right" or not. That is of course assuming we both have the goal of getting as much satisfaction from music listening as possible, at least I do.

From here though let's keep it to PM, sorry for the offtopic talk.

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #32 of 605
I havent heard either the zo2 or zo, and i wasnt very impressed by the youtube test videos, but from user reviews my curiosity is peaked. How different are the zo's to the youtube videos?

If i do get one i will most likely get the zo3 obviously. Thanks guys!

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #33 of 605
If you mean the promo vid on their website I agree. Unimpressive.
For some reason Digizoid are trying to appeal to a mass market with a load of subjective claims.
When they do give technical info they make claims that defy what little I do know about audio.
However. All I can say is that the Zo2 with my ACS 15's works for me.
Turned a rather dry pair of 'phones into something very enjoyable to listen to.
The good news is that there are suppliers who offer a returns policy if you don't like it so it shouldn't cost you to try it out for yourself.
Be warned though. The 3 will cost more than previous iterations.

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #34 of 605
If you mean the promo vid on their website I agree. Unimpressive.
For some reason Digizoid are trying to appeal to a mass market with a load of subjective claims.
When they do give technical info they make claims that defy what little I do know about audio.
However. All I can say is that the Zo2 with my ACS 15's works for me.
Turned a rather dry pair of 'phones into something very enjoyable to listen to.
The good news is that there are suppliers who offer a returns policy if you don't like it so it shouldn't cost you to try it out for yourself.
Be warned though. The 3 will cost more than previous iterations.

I know about the 3 costing more haha.

Thanks for the info!

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #36 of 605
I'm starting to be a bit concerned for my T15's. Those tiny little BA's pumping ridiculous amounts of bass. Can the Zo harm headphones? Pushing them beyond their capabilities.
After all, you can run an engine to crazy performance with Nitrous but you will be rebuilding the top end of the engine!

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #40 of 605
By what they've typed on the blog, I think it's because their enclosures aren't all done yet. There's an interactive picture of the circuit board though, use your imagination around it :)

Soon... >:)

There's a picture of an amp on their page, next to a pair of AKGs. Could that be it? Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #41 of 605
I'm not completely sure about the display. It's nice to have a display yes but will it be worth having it for the added cost? That's my thought around it, it will probably have pretty basic functionality, at which, one can wonder if the lack of display vs lower cost doesn't make up for it. Just a thought.

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #42 of 605
Could be for an easier indication of the volume and SVT setting. I haven't got the ZO2 but from what I read in reviews ppl wanted a clearer way of knowing what their current SVT setting was.

But yeah your right in that just having the display will no doubt drive up the cost.

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #43 of 605
With only one rocker switch to control volume, bass and treble, I would think having an OLED screen is a smart thing to do. Otherwise it will get messy with just color change LED, 6 different colors and all.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #44 of 605
  With only one rocker switch to control volume, bass and treble, I would think having an OLED screen is a smart thing to do. Otherwise it will get messy with just color change LED, 6 different colors and all.

It makes me wonder why some designers believe we hate buttons.  Personally I love the damn things.  One button per function, please and thank-you.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #45 of 605
I'm not personally a "button-freak" per se, but feature-freak more like, the more the merrier, I'm like the anti-Apple guy, instead of "one setting that works for all" which is BS anyway as there's no such thing (unless you're anti-perfectionist and able to settle with anything). No gladly give me all those knobs and wheels and I will surely tune it the way I think it should be like. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back