DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Jan 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #46 of 605
  With only one rocker switch to control volume, bass and treble, I would think having an OLED screen is a smart thing to do. Otherwise it will get messy with just color change LED, 6 different colors and all.

Yes, this is exactly why we decided to include an OLED screen.

It makes me wonder why some designers believe we hate buttons.  Personally I love the damn things.  One button per function, please and thank-you.

We actually love buttons too! But to increase & decrease the 3 different settings, it would require 2 x 3 = 6 buttons + 1 power button + 1 SVT on/off button = 8 buttons/switches! Having that many buttons significantly drives price up not only b/c of the buttons themselves, but also increases the complexity (and therefore cost) of the enclosure. So using the multifunction switch w/the OLED display actually helps keep the cost down. :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #47 of 605
When you put it that way it makes perfect sense with the display. :p

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #48 of 605
Let's make some guesses at price. 

I'm going with $199....................

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #49 of 605
  Let's make some guesses at price. 

I'm going with $199....................

I hope your guess will be too high 
beyersmile.png

Oh btw, my JVC HA-FX1X's came today, ill be doing an unboxing, pre burn in review, and first impressions today.

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #52 of 605
I agree with the 250$ price point.

If the company frankly says that the zo3 will cost more, you have gotta know that it will cost more... A noticable amount more...

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #54 of 605
$150 +/- $20 will be an ideal price IMO. It will have to be serious good to be $200 or beyond, given some of the best valued amp/DAC are right on this price bucket.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #55 of 605

Yes, this is exactly why we decided to include an OLED screen.

We actually love buttons too! But to increase & decrease the 3 different settings, it would require 2 x 3 = 6 buttons + 1 power button + 1 SVT on/off button = 8 buttons/switches! Having that many buttons significantly drives price up not only b/c of the buttons themselves, but also increases the complexity (and therefore cost) of the enclosure. So using the multifunction switch w/the OLED display actually helps keep the cost down. :)

That's a more than reasonable answer and not one I expected.  Multifunction it is.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #56 of 605
I agree that a 250$ price point is way too high. <= 180$ is about what i would pay for a new one.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #57 of 605
I agree with the 250$ price point.

If the company frankly says that the zo3 will cost more, you have gotta know that it will cost more... A noticable amount more...

I agree that a 250$ price point is way too high. <= 180$ is about what i would pay for a new one.

You just said you agree with the $250 price?

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #59 of 605
159 - $179 would be a good range, $199 tops. Reason: JDSLabs C5 @ $179. :D It also is still an up to 300 ohms headphones supporting amp. Furthermore digiZoid doesn't have that kind of reputation as far as high quality sound goes yet, so it may be hard to get it sold over $200 for that reason as to the more "serious" hobbyists may get caught in the "gimmick" imagination of it and neither do they have the gold marketing, ala rappercan starting with a B.... team. Having said that, ZO3 would be a very easy product to market. :) It's a fresh new product that is a bit different than the other products in this business. If digiZoid play this one right they should be doing quite some nice sales.

More youtube vids around the developing/product and technology talk would be a good start, it's free. Also they should contact Innerfidelity and various reviewers. This is an interesting product to review due to its features and the name digiZoid is still very new in this game.

But the bottomline is, digiZoid still has to price it according to the components used and we don't know the exact components so obviously it's hard for outsiders to price it. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back