Did Monster Turbine Pro Copper just changed their design?
Apr 29, 2011 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

lxl88

Head-Fier
I just received the coppers from amazon and I realised their design are somewhat different from what I saw on the internet.
Does anybody know if monster just changed their design for mtpc?
I purchased those earphones from amazon directly so it should be authentic but upon seeing the design I'm starting to have doubts.

This is how my mtpc look like.

This how a typical mtpc look like. (courtesy of monster cable)

This is the only difference.Other than that it looks pretty authentic to me.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 29
Hm, well, the only way to know for sure is to listen to them.  If they sound like utter crap, then yeah, they're fake.  If they sound exactly how others describe it to be like, then yeah, it's probably just a newer model.  Things like this aren't unheard of, manufacturers often change the design of their products slightly without really letting anyone know.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 29
Yes, the strain relief design has been changed. I just received a pair of new MTPC this morning directly from Monster.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 29
Actually, I was quite amazed by the sound quality. Previously, I was using monster turbine and the sound quality of mtpc was a lot better than the normal turbines. Perhaps they just changed the design recently because I contacted monster but the representative could not give me a firm confirmation if the strain relief design was changed or not.

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #7 of 29

Quote:
looks like the strain reliefs on my MD's. I have the coppers with the old strain reliefs; believe me, the redesign is for the best..

Yeap, the design look less bulky compared to the old one.

Apr 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 29
Phew, finally cleared my doubts about my earphones' authencity.
However, I find all the monster eartips to be uncomfortable for me.
Thinking of changing to comply. Any recommendation?

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #10 of 29
I just received my coppers yesterday from amazon and they have the same "new" strain reliefs.  Now my only issue is that I can't put the left one in without getting some bad driver flex, that I have to wiggle around before the earbud starts working again.  Must just be a pressure thing, but it's enough to piss me off.  My original turbines don't do that...so looks like they are going back.  It doesn't help that to my amateur ears they aren't THAT much better than the OG turbines and I definitely prefer the Brainwavz M3 over them at this point, especially comfort wise.

And LXL...give the Sony Hybrid tips a shot.  None of the Monster Tips fit me either and I've tried every version they offer.  The Hybrids are outstanding.

Apr 29, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #11 of 29
Same problem here. Experimented with all the various supertips and while some fit better than others, none without me having to fidget with them. Ths included silicon tips work better, but probably don't isolate as well as the supertips with a proper fit do. I've been using some Comply foamies, and while they fit great, they aren't ideal for taking the IEMs in and out a lot, one of them came off in my ear once, and I don't like the idea of having to replace them. I might try those Sony Hybrids.

Quote:
Phew, finally cleared my doubts about my earphones' authencity.
However, I find all the monster eartips to be uncomfortable for me.
Thinking of changing to comply. Any recommendation?

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 29
I have the same problem with regarding the tips and for that reason they stay in the box.  I might also try those Sony Hybrids, but if I may ask how different are they compared to the turbine pro copper tips ? 

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #13 of 29
Yep, this seems to be normal.  Just wiggle it again and let the pressure put it in place again.

I have the issue with the right side only but not all the time.  They will take them back but they said this is normal and should not hurt the driver.  The manual does warn against too much pressure but if you are trying to get a good seal...

Quote:
I just received my coppers yesterday from amazon and they have the same "new" strain reliefs.  Now my only issue is that I can't put the left one in without getting some bad driver flex, that I have to wiggle around before the earbud starts working again.  Must just be a pressure thing, but it's enough to piss me off.  My original turbines don't do that...so looks like they are going back.  It doesn't help that to my amateur ears they aren't THAT much better than the OG turbines and I definitely prefer the Brainwavz M3 over them at this point, especially comfort wise.

And LXL...give the Sony Hybrid tips a shot.  None of the Monster Tips fit me either and I've tried every version they offer.  The Hybrids are outstanding.

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #14 of 29

Quote:
I have the same problem with regarding the tips and for that reason they stay in the box.  I might also try those Sony Hybrids, but if I may ask how different are they compared to the turbine pro copper tips ? 

The tips that come with the Coppers are quite a bit more rigid.  The Sonys are really soft and they mold to your ears pretty well.  I use them on all of my headphones (except my PFEs) because they are so comfortable and they don't slip very much at all even with activity/sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back