Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 28, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #7,081 of 7,336
Hi, I am new here. And I think I may need some help.
Last week, I read the reviews from Headfonics and Headfonia of Diana MR, these two reviews were wonderful, so I instantly bought MR with upgrade cable from official website. They were very friendly and answered my questions about cables.
I received my MR this Monday, to me, it’s very light and very comfortable. Very nice to wear.
However, when I connected the headphone to my amps (Auris HA2-SE+ and Niimbus d ), I just cannot get things right. I also have a Utopia 2022, it works perfect with these two amps. But for MR, the soundstage is not big, it seems MR requires more power to drive (large volume) and the sound is not airy or transparent. My DAPs are SP3000 and N30LE. Am I getting something wrong here or this is the sound signature, just not fits me. Thanks.
If youre buying a Diana you have to consider it dosent have a wide soundstage. The Sound is on the small side. Also the Bass is not that impressive. You can argue the Abyss Diana Series is just a very organic and nuancte sounding headphone. its more impressive in build quality than sound for sure

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #7,082 of 7,336
I don't see any reason why the headphones would be poor let alone suboptimal even with that setup. Maybe the Abyss guys can point a finger as I'm not familiar with DAPs at all. The fact your Utopia and Meze sound fine suggests nothing's afoot.

To be honest, it sounds like you just don't like how Diana MR sounds! Hope you can figure something out though.
Thanks very much walterboss.

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #7,083 of 7,336
If youre buying a Diana you have to consider it dosent have a wide soundstage. The Sound is on the small side. Also the Bass is not that impressive. You can argue the Abyss Diana Series is just a very organic and nuancte sounding headphone. its more impressive in build quality than sound for sure
Thanks man. Maybe I get the sound image wrong from the reviews. It is well built and comfortable.
And thanks Abyss Team, they write me a very long introduction to improve the situation.

Feb 28, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #7,084 of 7,336
Sounds like you‘re describing the sound of your system.

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Feb 28, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #7,085 of 7,336
I've found my Dianas are chameleons - which is precisely the reason I'm bringing them to Can Jam :smiling_imp:

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #7,086 of 7,336
Not my experience at all with Diana V2, TC, or MR. Personal preference led to selling MR, but the others are too notch up and down and all over. Bass was thunderous on my V2.

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #7,087 of 7,336
Diana's are bassy headphones. My diana tc has the best low end of all the hp in my signature. The soundstage is fairly wide depending on which amp/dac I use. And the top end is just sweet enough. Overall these are wonderful headphones that I would also call chameleons just like another member has mentioned before. My tc does require a little more power than the rest and when provided, these are sublime. I can only attest these findings about my tc but I'm sure the v2 and the MR would sound similar....

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #7,088 of 7,336
the diana TC is wonderful..I loved mine ...comfortable...easy to wear...most of the attributes of the 1266 TC other than the soundstage which is simply physics and bass...great detail and imaging...a wonderful HP

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #7,090 of 7,336
Diana's are bassy headphones. My diana tc has the best low end of all the hp in my signature. The soundstage is fairly wide depending on which amp/dac I use. And the top end is just sweet enough. Overall these are wonderful headphones that I would also call chameleons just like another member has mentioned before. My tc does require a little more power than the rest and when provided, these are sublime. I can only attest these findings about my tc but I'm sure the v2 and the MR would sound similar....
Very well put. :beerchug: The TC's are simply sublime.

FWIW I also have the MR's and the volume levels I use for regular listening are only slightly lower than that of the TC's.

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #7,091 of 7,336
Sounds like you‘re describing the sound of your system.

i mainly drive the phi via burson conductor 3xp and my experience is the complete opposite than "consider it dosent have a wide soundstage. The Sound is on the small side. Also the Bass is not that impressive."

bass is the most impressive thing about Diana imo.

Mar 1, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #7,093 of 7,336
bass is the most impressive thing about Diana imo
I really love strong, powerful bass. Diana's is not much short of ZMF Atrium Closed. but still very good!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back