Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Mar 2, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #7,096 of 7,405
Anyone looking for a portable for the Diana I can recommend the QLS MUB1. It drives my V2 at 55% volume in the highest gain setting (balanced). Sounds great too!
I tried it now. Yes ! This sounds great! :gs1000smile::L3000:

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #7,098 of 7,405
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #7,100 of 7,405
I am a relative audio noob but I was lucky to try the Abyss Diana at the Audio46 store in-person, and I have to say that between the Solitaire P, Final D8000, and many other headphones I’ve tried, the Diana left an amazing impression on me.

After my Utopia, I had been wanting a Susvara as a second headphone. That may be still the case but I feel like the Diana is so good that it confused me now for my next purchase.

The bass was incredible. The mids were clear. The soundstage was holographic and detail pickup was fantastic. My first Abyss listen ever and I’m sold.

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #7,101 of 7,405
I am a relative audio noob but I was lucky to try the Abyss Diana at the Audio46 store in-person, and I have to say that between the Solitaire P, Final D8000, and many other headphones I’ve tried, the Diana left an amazing impression on me.

After my Utopia, I had been wanting a Susvara as a second headphone. That may be still the case but I feel like the Diana is so good that it confused me now for my next purchase.

The bass was incredible. The mids were clear. The soundstage was holographic and detail pickup was fantastic. My first Abyss listen ever and I’m sold.

Which Diana did you try?

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #7,103 of 7,405
To be honest I am not too familiar with Abyss and just learned that there are two versions of the Diana. Looking them up, I am pretty sure it was the MR.
That’s probably it. Try the TC if you ever get a chance, the clarity is insane. Easily my favorite headphone. I sold off all my ZMF cans because of it.

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #7,104 of 7,405
If youre buying a Diana you have to consider it dosent have a wide soundstage. The Sound is on the small side. Also the Bass is not that impressive. You can argue the Abyss Diana Series is just a very organic and nuancte sounding headphone. its more impressive in build quality than sound for sure
i also found that the diana's (original, v2 and tc) presentation was neither spacious or deep - somewhat flat. clarity and resolution is where they excelled to my ears. and before blame is laid at the chain that they were connected to, it comprised a norma cd player and eleven audio formula s head-amp so not too shabby. as always, ymmv.:relaxed:

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #7,106 of 7,405
Well well well. Problem solved with my MR.
This amp is insane!
MR.Diana is Lady Diana now.
What was the issue that the AIC10 fixed?

Mar 4, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #7,108 of 7,405
If youre buying a Diana you have to consider it dosent have a wide soundstage. The Sound is on the small side. Also the Bass is not that impressive. You can argue the Abyss Diana Series is just a very organic and nuancte sounding headphone. its more impressive in build quality than sound for sure
My initial impressions of the Diana were that it created a far wider soundstage than my Utopia (which is famous for its intimate presentation). I tried it with the HIFIMAN EF600 as well as the Mojo2.

I also felt the Abyss had some really great bass as well, compared to my TT2 + Utopia.

Perhaps the Diana is very revealing of the source that’s driving it?

Mar 4, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #7,109 of 7,405
Makes MR good to listen. Sound stage, bass, treble. Everything seems right now.
My previous amps are Niimbus US5 Pro and HA-2SE+.
Never tried the US5 Pro but I felt the MR has been quite good off a majority of the things I’ve tried (DNA Stellaris which is probably my favorite and was surprised at how good this combo was, MJ3, Mojo2 and Tube mini)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back