Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 31, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #6,991 of 7,337
What pads did you use before?
I was using the original V2 fenestrated leather pads. Those definitely present a more “technical” sound (deep, textured sub-bass and crisp, detailed highs), but the vegan ported sort of evens everything out but still keeps it dynamic and engaging. I haven’t heard the MR, but it’s what I imagine those must be like based on the descriptions I’ve read. The fenestrated leather isn’t going anywhere, but given the comfort changes this will definitely be the official daily driver.

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:35 AM Post #6,993 of 7,337
Can someone sum up the differences also between the Diana TC and the 1266 TC in sound.

Does the Diana TC have a fuller midrange? Can the Diana TC be driven to higher volume without distortion?

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #6,994 of 7,337
I am a 1266 TC owner. Honestly- it is the Technical giant of the industry. I am confused about the other models.

What is the difference between the Diana MR and Diana v2 and Diana TC?
the diana tc employs the same driver as the 1266 tc but in a compact enclosure. the diana tc is the totl diana model and was more resolving than the diana v2 with a greater level of refinement to my ears. i've not heard the mr but it has replaced the v2 in the diana line.

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #6,997 of 7,337
the 1266 tc is a bit aggressive but really unrivalled for any music where bass/drum is prominent, which is due to the combination of sense of space and impact.

i haven't heard the diana tc but am definitely interested.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #6,998 of 7,337
Does the Diana TC calm the sparkle treble of the 1266 TC?

If the Diana TC is similar to the 1266 TC with less soundstage and lowered treble- that would be my cup of tea.

Diana TC is more fluid smooth on top actually, less aggressive feeling there, however, the bass also provide less kick and heftiness when compared to 1266.

If 1266 TC is a bit at v-shape side, Diana TC is a bit at "n-shape" (midrange is more pronounce and intimate).

Diana MR is the most forgiving Abyss Headphones to date. A bit darker when compared to the rest of line up, but also easier to matching various songs and set up, included the less stellar recording/set up quality.

Jan 31, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #6,999 of 7,337
Does the Diana TC calm the sparkle treble of the 1266 TC?

If the Diana TC is similar to the 1266 TC with less soundstage and lowered treble- that would be my cup of tea.
I had hours of demo time over 2 days at Canjam. The Diana TC has amazing sound characteristics, but I could not listen for longer than 15 minutes without getting a headache. It is a very detailed headphone, but the treble is just way too much for me. The Diana MR while less detailed, is a great listen that I can use for hours on end. I chose the MR over the TC

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #7,000 of 7,337
Any treble peak issue with the Diana TC can easily be remedied using the Vegan (suade) bass ported pads.

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #7,001 of 7,337
Any treble peak issue with the Diana TC can easily be remedied using the Vegan (suade) bass ported pads.
Not necessarily. I only listened with vegan pads, as I knew those were the pads I wanted. TC treble is still too hot for me. Great headphone, just can't listen for more than 2 or 3 songs 🤷

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #7,002 of 7,337
I have the diana TC and had the 1266 for years...to my ears the diana TC is a more intimate 1266 with the same detail reproduction ..less bass although I very much enjoy the diana tc bass with the ported pads...the diana tc is so much more comfortable and easier to use

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #7,005 of 7,337
Not necessarily. I only listened with vegan pads, as I knew those were the pads I wanted. TC treble is still too hot for me. Great headphone, just can't listen for more than 2 or 3 songs 🤷
yeah, the diana tc's clarity and resolution impressed but i found it an intense listen and a potentially fatiguing one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back