Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 24, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #6,961 of 7,405
Loving my MRs for sure. So smooth and detailed. Comfort is amazing, I have a big head of hair so I’ve had no need to put the extra pad on the strap. I keep forgetting I’m wearing them after a few minutes. I think I want to grab the bass ported leathers next. Yeee!

Just moving this over from the ZMF thread. It’s been nice knowing you all. ☠️

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #6,963 of 7,405
Great headphones. A great pair with WOO AUDIO WA7 Fireflies (3rd gen) and iFi NEO iDSD 2.

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #6,964 of 7,405
My FOSTEX is going on the shelf. :sleepy:

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #6,966 of 7,405
Jan 25, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #6,967 of 7,405
I don’t understand those who say that MR is inconvenient. I've been listening to them for 6 hours now. I don’t feel like they’re on my head at all!:L3000:

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #6,968 of 7,405
Head shape are really have various shape. Since the very first Diana Phi hit the market, I always think Diana is a comfortable headphone. The latest iteration with a little bump on headband and newer pad shape, just make things even more comfortable.

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #6,969 of 7,405
I for one am one of the few I guess that doesn't feel comfortable with this. With the supply 3m backed extra padding, it is okay. I honestly felt more comfortable with various headphones over time. Bose/Sony Wireless, Beyerdynamics DT1770/1990, Hifiman HE1000SE, Sennheiser 6 series, ATH-A900, etc. It was unbearable without the additional pad, just hohum with it on headband comfort.

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #6,970 of 7,405
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #6,972 of 7,405
After a few weeks with Diana MR, I can now say that this is one of my favorite headphones. It's a shared tie with Susvara as my favorite. I like it so much that I've even decided to get each different pad option as they all have a very unique effect on the sound signature. Only thing missing are the Dekoni pads, and those arrive on Monday :slight_smile:

I have the leather bass ported pads on right now. They just arrived today along with bass ported vegan suedes, and the first thing I noticed was just how beautiful of a patina the leather is forming. Somehow looks even better than the stock non-ported leathers. Can't thank my friend enough for sending me his bass ported suedes to try a couple weeks ago. Completely changed my perspective of this headphone. The non-ported pads are great too though. Really enjoying having all four on hand as it really gives you neat tuning options.

Seriously great job Abyss. Now I'm really tempted to get a Diana TC or 1266 lol :)

Diana MR and Empyrean II compliment each other very well.

Attachments

• PXL_20240126_181105577.jpg
    PXL_20240126_181105577.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #6,973 of 7,405
After a few weeks with Diana MR, I can now say that this is one of my favorite headphones. It's a shared tie with Susvara as my favorite. I like it so much that I've even decided to get each different pad option as they all have a very unique effect on the sound signature. Only thing missing are the Dekoni pads, and those arrive on Monday :slight_smile:

I have the leather bass ported pads on right now. They just arrived today along with bass ported vegan suedes, and the first thing I noticed was just how beautiful of a patina the leather is forming. Somehow looks even better than the stock non-ported leathers. Can't thank my friend enough for sending me his bass ported suedes to try a couple weeks ago. Completely changed my perspective of this headphone. The non-ported pads are great too though. Really enjoying having all four on hand as it really gives you neat tuning options.

Seriously great job Abyss. Now I'm really tempted to get a Diana TC or 1266 lol :)

Diana MR and Empyrean II compliment each other very well.

Do let us know how the Dekoni’s are! Probably gonna order the bass-ported leathers today.

I hear ya on the TC’s, I’ve been weighing selling my Atriums so I can get a pair. <_<

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #6,974 of 7,405
I have the leather bass ported pads on right now. They just arrived today along with bass ported vegan suedes
Is there a difference in sound between them?

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #6,975 of 7,405
Is there a difference in sound between them?
Yes, very much so. Leather pads are more technical, suede is warmer and smoother. And the bass ports do what they say. They all end up being somewhat unique and work well for various genres. Definitely worth trying various ones imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back