Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #6,976 of 7,405
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #6,977 of 7,405
I've spent some time now with all four and while the differences can be appreciated, I find myself going back every time to the suede non ported pads. They feel the most balanced to me acrosd the FR and also matching more what I like and want out of the MR. If I want extra details, extension and linearity I can always reach out to my Susvara. The MR with suede pads are the warm comforting listen experience I want when I don't care to critically listen. Comfort and balance that I can fall asleep to if desired

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #6,978 of 7,405
Which ones have more bass?
I'll compare leather and suede bass ported pads side by side today and get back to you. I had my friend's suede ported ones here for about a week before buying them all myself, but have only tried leather today. I'd imagine it'll be similar though, but will let you know.

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #6,979 of 7,405
I just received a new cable from Skyaudio.

It's silver plated wire terminated with XLR.

So far I hear a little more clarity?

Mostly I prefer the flexibility, color and the sleeve up to the cups.

This is my 3rd cable from Reece. His quality and price are fantastic!

BTW, they sound amazing with a Woo WA22.

(Stand on top of amp only for photo:)

Attachments

• 20240126_104958.jpg
    20240126_104958.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240126_104901.jpg
    20240126_104901.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 26, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #6,980 of 7,405
After a few weeks with Diana MR, I can now say that this is one of my favorite headphones. It's a shared tie with Susvara as my favorite. I like it so much that I've even decided to get each different pad option as they all have a very unique effect on the sound signature. Only thing missing are the Dekoni pads, and those arrive on Monday :slight_smile:

I have the leather bass ported pads on right now. They just arrived today along with bass ported vegan suedes, and the first thing I noticed was just how beautiful of a patina the leather is forming. Somehow looks even better than the stock non-ported leathers. Can't thank my friend enough for sending me his bass ported suedes to try a couple weeks ago. Completely changed my perspective of this headphone. The non-ported pads are great too though. Really enjoying having all four on hand as it really gives you neat tuning options.

Seriously great job Abyss. Now I'm really tempted to get a Diana TC or 1266 lol :)

Diana MR and Empyrean II compliment each other very well.
hi praise indeed as i was enamored with the susvara when i auditioned it. i doubt that i'll be able to compare them. would you mind describing how they compare, particularly in the areas of resolution, timbre and spatial presentation?

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #6,981 of 7,405
  • Is anyone using (or tried) a Superconductor with a Diana TC? I'm all in on them being my TOTL. Happy with amp and DAC. Just listening and enjoying everything now. Feel like it's a big investment that could go towards saving for a 1266 later in the year.

• Are there ANY other expensive cables that compete with Superconductors? I've found plenty that are nice as jewellery type things, but for actual performance? Struggling to find much.

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #6,982 of 7,405
hi praise indeed as i was enamored with the susvara when i auditioned it. i doubt that i'll be able to compare them. would you mind describing how they compare, particularly in the areas of resolution, timbre and spatial presentation?
I own both the MR and the Susvara. I believe I did made a comparo a few pages back. They complement each other well. So much so that I have given up on all my other headphones. The Sus will akways be king in terms if timbre, spaciousness, details. This doesnt mean that the MR is not detailed bec it is. The MR is warmer than the Sus, with the Sus being more natural. Bass a lil bit more to the MR. But the Sus digs deeper to sub bass. MR is more fun to me.

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #6,983 of 7,405
  • Is anyone using (or tried) a Superconductor with a Diana TC? I'm all in on them being my TOTL. Happy with amp and DAC. Just listening and enjoying everything now. Feel like it's a big investment that could go towards saving for a 1266 later in the year.

• Are there ANY other expensive cables that compete with Superconductors? I've found plenty that are nice as jewellery type things, but for actual performance? Struggling to find much.
I have the SC with MR. As for other cables there are many other options that you can use for ABYSS headphones. Theres the danacables. Heard good things about them. Theres dragon cables. Cardas also makes good cables. I believe any of these can be ordered for the ABYSS

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #6,985 of 7,405

Superconductor cable is a nice and noticeable improvement over stock for 1266. I used it for about a year. But I don't like that they don't disclose what materials are actually in the cable. Other high end cables you may consider is Double Helix and Norne Audio. You can configure your spec (e.g. composition of material and gauge) with them. And they can run pretty expensive on very large, very high quality silver cables. With Norne Audio, they don't list all their products especially the very high end on the website, but you can email them. Sadly I can't find any direct comparison between those and the superconductor cable.

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #6,986 of 7,405
I like the Superconductor Cable but I seem to like the Danacable Lazuli Rhapsody the best for VR and MR. I think that would be a great hybrid cable for the TC.
I always people loving these danacables I am really tempted to get one for my Susvara. I feel like a hybrid cable will be perfect for the Sus. I have so much cable that its hard to justify though lol

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #6,987 of 7,405
I own both the MR and the Susvara. I believe I did made a comparo a few pages back. They complement each other well. So much so that I have given up on all my other headphones. The Sus will akways be king in terms if timbre, spaciousness, details. This doesnt mean that the MR is not detailed bec it is. The MR is warmer than the Sus, with the Sus being more natural. Bass a lil bit more to the MR. But the Sus digs deeper to sub bass. MR is more fun to me.
thanks for chiming in - much appreciated

Jan 30, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #6,988 of 7,405
*DELETED*

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #6,989 of 7,405
I just received a pair of the bass ported vegan pads for my Dianas, and first impressions are that they are absolutely sublime. I haven't done much critical back-and-forth listening, but from memory I think they ever-so-slightly trade off sub-bass for mid-bass as others have noted, but they also seem to have filled in the mid-range in a really pleasing way. Punchy yet ridiculously smooth, and they're even more comfortable while wearing glasses. This is the one!

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #6,990 of 7,405
I just received a pair of the bass ported vegan pads for my Dianas, and first impressions are that they are absolutely sublime. I haven't done much critical back-and-forth listening, but from memory I think they ever-so-slightly trade off sub-bass for mid-bass as others have noted, but they also seem to have filled in the mid-range in a really pleasing way. Punchy yet ridiculously smooth, and they're even more comfortable while wearing glasses. This is the one!
What pads did you use before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back