Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
May 28, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #1,292 of 7,571
Absolutely! Does this mean basically that there aren't any truly portable setups that do the Diana Phi justification?

Depends on how justified you want your justification :) I find the likes of the Cayin N8, and Lotoo PAW Gold Touch to be fine, but clearly, the Phi can scale.

May 28, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #1,294 of 7,571
Absolutely! Does this mean basically that there aren't any truly portable setups that do the Diana Phi justification?

I read that the SONY DMP-Z1 and Diana Phi makes a wonderful setup, with great synergy. But I did not heard it myself....

May 28, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #1,296 of 7,571
So the Diana have arrive and I got to listen to them for most of today a few take away for me:

The fit is the strangest for a headphone I have ever used, uncomfortable for the first few minutes but then I forget I’m wearing it.

They sound pretty good with IBasso dx200 amp 5 and they sound good out of the Mojo. Both devices will play very loud I’m not sure the level I used with the Mojo but I use 100/150 on the dx200, I believe you could take it all the way to 150 if you listen loud.
They sound fantastic out of the Cayin HA-1Amk2 I only need to go 9 o’clock on the volume. Unfortunately when I’m listening though the Cayin I don’t want to get up to do anything :)
I was most surprised that they actually sound okay out of a iPhone and a ps4 controller, but I was just watching TV.

May 29, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #1,297 of 7,571
are you intending to get the phi pads? i wonder how much difference they would make to both the comfort and the sound compared to the stock pads.

May 29, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #1,299 of 7,571
are you intending to get the phi pads? i wonder how much difference they would make to both the comfort and the sound compared to the stock pads.
I ordered them last night, I wasn’t sure if I was going to bother but my partner hates the fit, she couldn’t even tell me if they sounded good to her... she was to focused on the fit.
When they come in I’ll see if they make a difference to her

May 30, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #1,300 of 7,571
It is with a sad heart that I said goodbye to the Diana Phi on this past Saturday. They are incredible headphones they sounded great out of the Cavalli Liquid Platinum and the SP1000cu. In the end I knew that deep down I would not use them when mobile with the Khan being so great for travel. I thought that I would be able to just make do with the LCD-X and Clears. Tonight I walked into a local shop and made a grave mistake. I listened to the Abyss 1266 Phi TC out of the auras nirvana. I fought the urge as much as I could and now will be selling my PRS P22 because I ended walking out of the store with the 1266 Phi TC. While the Diana Phi was incredible I will say that the 1266 is just on another level. They are truly endgame for me. That is it I am done buying headphones. The Khan is my endgame IEM along with the Solaris. I have the sp1000cu for mobile needs and the Liquid Platinum drives the 1266 remarkably well and they sound great with the Metrum Onyx. I will still be around here but I am done buying for a good while.

May 30, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,301 of 7,571
That is it I am done buying headphones.

yeah right, how many times have i said that lol

May 30, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #1,302 of 7,571
It is with a sad heart that I said goodbye to the Diana Phi on this past Saturday. They are incredible headphones they sounded great out of the Cavalli Liquid Platinum and the SP1000cu. In the end I knew that deep down I would not use them when mobile with the Khan being so great for travel. I thought that I would be able to just make do with the LCD-X and Clears. Tonight I walked into a local shop and made a grave mistake. I listened to the Abyss 1266 Phi TC out of the auras nirvana. I fought the urge as much as I could and now will be selling my PRS P22 because I ended walking out of the store with the 1266 Phi TC. While the Diana Phi was incredible I will say that the 1266 is just on another level. They are truly endgame for me. That is it I am done buying headphones. The Khan is my endgame IEM along with the Solaris. I have the sp1000cu for mobile needs and the Liquid Platinum drives the 1266 remarkably well and they sound great with the Metrum Onyx. I will still be around here but I am done buying for a good while.

You confirm that the SP1000 has enough juice to give the Diana Phi justice ? I thought that the Diana Phi needed quite a lot of power due to low efficiency !?

May 30, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #1,303 of 7,571
While the Diana Phi was incredible I will say that the 1266 is just on another level.

Did you get a chance to listen to the non-TC AB-1266 Phi? Just wondering if the TC update is what puts it above the Diana Phi.

Good to know the LP can drive both of the Abyss headphones though. Also, I hope you don't regret selling the PRS...headphones are nice and all, but can't replace a one-off guitar!

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #1,304 of 7,571
Did you get a chance to listen to the non-TC AB-1266 Phi? Just wondering if the TC update is what puts it above the Diana Phi.

Good to know the LP can drive both of the Abyss headphones though. Also, I hope you don't regret selling the PRS...headphones are nice and all, but can't replace a one-off guitar!

I didn't get to listen to the 1266 phi. They only had the tc at the store.

Guitars are more dangerous than headphones. I have probably bought and sold 25 guitars over the years. I have owned 3 prs over the years and they are great. If I do sell it I will still have my vigier and strat plus.

May 30, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #1,305 of 7,571
You confirm that the SP1000 has enough juice to give the Diana Phi justice ? I thought that the Diana Phi needed quite a lot of power due to low efficiency !?

From the balanced out I had them around 125-140 on the volume with the sp1000. Out of the se output it was around 135 - 145. They sounded good but not at the level of a desktop amp but they were more than serviceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back