Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Jul 24, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #1,325 of 7,332
Just ordered a custom-color Diana Phi in purple with black leather. Can't wait to show-off some photos when I get it in 2-3wks! I'm hoping that it should be the perfect companion for my new Kann Cube.

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #1,327 of 7,332
How much extra was it and can regular Diana color also be customized?
It was an extra $1k for the custom color. I imagine it would cost the same for the regular Diana. Certainly not cost effective, but I'm celebrating my first engineering job so I felt like splashing some cash.

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #1,328 of 7,332
It was an extra $1k for the custom color. I imagine it would cost the same for the regular Diana. Certainly not cost effective, but I'm celebrating my first engineering job so I felt like splashing some cash.
Damn...extra $1k - that put you in the 1266 TC territory, must have been a hard decision!

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #1,329 of 7,332
Damn...extra $1k - that put you in the 1266 TC territory, must have been a hard decision!
Not for me personally. I bought my 1266 CC close enough to the TC's release that they comped my upgrade. I'm getting TCs back tomorrow.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #1,330 of 7,332
I'm trying to track down a frequency response graph for Diana Phi. Has anyone seen one? I've owned them for a little over a month. They seem spot on neutral to me, but I'd like to see the measurements.
no luck here either for the Diana or the Phi

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #1,331 of 7,332

I would've try it first before dashing out that $1k. I'm not sure what this company has done but that seems ridiculous for a different paint job.

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #1,332 of 7,332
I am in a bit of a toughie, theres a user that willing to trade his Diana Phi for a HE1000se, I really love my HE1000se, but my curiousity is getting the best of me. That grill though, is there a story to that? I'm questioning the design choice of this headset and it just honestly reminded me of Dr. Dre beats for some reason. That color, I'm not sure if it looks better in person but the color just scream "out dated" and "plain" its not a typical color that would stand out to me as "wow, beautiful headset" and for $4k I mean, I dont think thats nitpicking.

How is the comfort? the HE1000se comfort is great for me (not sennheiser HD800s and 820 great but it is up there) some also call the E2 comfort was great and I thought that was just the worst thing I can put on my head, my jaw line was just dying after 30 min. I heard Abyss headset comfort is not really a top priority, is this still hold true for the Diana Phi?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,333 of 7,332
I am in a bit of a toughie, theres a user that willing to trade his Diana Phi for a HE1000se, I really love my HE1000se, but my curiousity is getting the best of me. That grill though, is there a story to that? I'm questioning the design choice of this headset and it just honestly reminded me of Dr. Dre beats for some reason. That color, I'm not sure if it looks better in person but the color just scream "out dated" and "plain" its not a typical color that would stand out to me as "wow, beautiful headset" and for $4k I mean, I dont think thats nitpicking.

How is the comfort? the HE1000se comfort is great for me (not sennheiser HD800s and 820 great but it is up there) some also call the E2 comfort was great and I thought that was just the worst thing I can put on my head, my jaw line was just dying after 30 min. I heard Abyss headset comfort is not really a top priority, is this still hold true for the Diana Phi?
Why you would trade your HE1000SE for the Diana Phi ? neither sound or comfort is better , anyway if you still insist in the trade , i would say the Diana Phi should be demoed before buying , my brother had no problem wearing them (he has huge head) , but for me it was uncomfortable , i had to put some pads so the ear-pads match my ears , also the headband doesn't have any padding so even if it fit you perfectly you still need some pads under the headband for more comfort , size and weight was OK , but not outstanding , build quality was perfect and way better than the HE1000SE.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #1,334 of 7,332
Why you would trade your HE1000SE for the Diana Phi ? neither sound or comfort is better , anyway if you still insist in the trade , i would say the Diana Phi should be demoed before buying , my brother had no problem wearing them (he has huge head) , but for me it was uncomfortable , i had to put some pads so the ear-pads match my ears , also the headband doesn't have any padding so even if it fit you perfectly you still need some pads under the headband for more comfort , size and weight was OK , but not outstanding , build quality was perfect and way better than the HE1000SE.

I did not?

Jul 30, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #1,335 of 7,332

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back