1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by music alchemist, Aug 13, 2015.
First

Back
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
Next

Last
  1. Joe Skubinski
    pm sent

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
  2. xxx1313
    Looking for an aftermarket cable with a darker (less bright) sound signature compared to the stock cable. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance! :beerchug:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  3. CreditingKarma
    I would recomend the Transparent ultra headphone cable. You can buy multiple ends to connect it to different headphones too. It is pricey though I think they start at $1,800.

xxx1313 likes this.
  4. rumina
    i use a copper dita truth replacment cable, if you can solder this cable is perfect for the diana phi. better soundstage, tames the highs a tiny bit and gives you a gentle bass boost overall a tad darker. beside the susvara the diana phi is the headphone in use the most. i prefer it over my big phi, easier to handle and imo a more balanced sound but also a tad less impressiv, think i more the easy going type of listener :). on both abyss i would general go for a occ coper cable as i use with the big phi.

xxx1313 likes this.
  5. Hifiearspeakers
    Has anyone heard the Diana V2 yet?

6. Slim1970
    Looking to get a balanced cable for my Diana Phi's. I wouldn't mind going for an aftermarket cable. My only concern would be getting similar headphone connectors like the stock ones that plug into the headphones. I like the way those proprietary connectors fit into the Diana Phi's and give it that clean look. I'm sure those aren't readily available. I wonder if Joe sells them?

7. chimney189
    I can’t decide between the Diana Phi or the Diana v1. I heard the Diana Phi today and was very impressed. It was neutral yet highly dynamic.

Is the v1 just as dynamic? I heard it has more bass? Is it more congested?

8. chimney189
    I just made the jump and bought an Abyss Diana v2. I will post impressions hopefully next week.

MIR05LAV and ufospls2 like this.
  9. MIR05LAV
    Would love to hear your comparison to Z1R :)

10. DeepSouth
    I'm wondering, will diana V2 be able to be powered with sp1000 + AMP module?
    I bought the empyrean, and it's a month long wait so they've offered me a diana v2 loaner.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  11. chimney189
    I bet it could. I was easily able to power it with an iPhone 6 + FiiO A5

12. jlbrach
    the diana phi is actually a tough load to drive....surprisingly so IMHO....fabulous HP but for a portable item could have been a bit more efficient

up late and xxx1313 like this.
  13. chimney189
    Has anyone ran their Diana through an LH Labs Geek Out 720? I'm wondering if that'd be enough juice.

14. up late
  15. lockjaw
    I've found the D-PHIs cause me a little discomfort right over the ears, after an hour I have to pull them off and move over to my 1266 OGs! oh, what a problem, right!!!
    By adding the nuggets right above the main contact point at the top of the pad I am able to increase the surface area of that contact point. Spreads out the pressure nicely. Honestly, such an improvement for me.
    I'm in to process of trying to sell my D-PHIs (audiomart) to move up to TCs, but starting to think I should keep them.

-Steve

up late likes this.
First

Back
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
Next

Last