Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Oct 5, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #1,383 of 7,405
Looking for an aftermarket cable with a darker (less bright) sound signature compared to the stock cable. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance! :beerchug:

I would recomend the Transparent ultra headphone cable. You can buy multiple ends to connect it to different headphones too. It is pricey though I think they start at $1,800.

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #1,384 of 7,405
i use a copper dita truth replacment cable, if you can solder this cable is perfect for the diana phi. better soundstage, tames the highs a tiny bit and gives you a gentle bass boost overall a tad darker. beside the susvara the diana phi is the headphone in use the most. i prefer it over my big phi, easier to handle and imo a more balanced sound but also a tad less impressiv, think i more the easy going type of listener :). on both abyss i would general go for a occ coper cable as i use with the big phi.

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #1,386 of 7,405
Looking to get a balanced cable for my Diana Phi's. I wouldn't mind going for an aftermarket cable. My only concern would be getting similar headphone connectors like the stock ones that plug into the headphones. I like the way those proprietary connectors fit into the Diana Phi's and give it that clean look. I'm sure those aren't readily available. I wonder if Joe sells them?

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #1,387 of 7,405
I can’t decide between the Diana Phi or the Diana v1. I heard the Diana Phi today and was very impressed. It was neutral yet highly dynamic.

Is the v1 just as dynamic? I heard it has more bass? Is it more congested?

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,391 of 7,405
I'm wondering, will diana V2 be able to be powered with sp1000 + AMP module?
I bought the empyrean, and it's a month long wait so they've offered me a diana v2 loaner.

I bet it could. I was easily able to power it with an iPhone 6 + FiiO A5

Oct 8, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,392 of 7,405
the diana phi is actually a tough load to drive....surprisingly so IMHO....fabulous HP but for a portable item could have been a bit more efficient

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #1,393 of 7,405
Has anyone ran their Diana through an LH Labs Geek Out 720? I'm wondering if that'd be enough juice.

Oct 8, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #1,394 of 7,405
Oct 8, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #1,395 of 7,405
I've found the D-PHIs cause me a little discomfort right over the ears, after an hour I have to pull them off and move over to my 1266 OGs! oh, what a problem, right!!!
By adding the nuggets right above the main contact point at the top of the pad I am able to increase the surface area of that contact point. Spreads out the pressure nicely. Honestly, such an improvement for me.
I'm in to process of trying to sell my D-PHIs (audiomart) to move up to TCs, but starting to think I should keep them.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back