Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Aug 6, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #5,701 of 7,405
Try on an idevice, music or YouTube playing behind. It’s not just your site, several do it. And I guess they’re aren’t “pop ups “ in the traditional sense. But those ones that scroll into the reading area and useable screen space of the article. I think it’s 3 or 4 each pageload. Just a remark on the usability of your ad provider. If I didn’t want to enjoy the actual content I wouldn’t have even mentioned it :)

Also happened to me when open headfonia through macbook + chrome, I have no idea what cause the pop up ads though. The ads definitely not something from headfonia I think (the ads related to my search engine).

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #5,702 of 7,405
Hello my Abyss maniacs. Gather around and let me tell you a story. I wear an XL motorcycle helmet.. maybe even an XXL. My first Abyss purchase was the Diana V2. Loved/Love them.. Never heard anything that fast that had such a natural tambre. I have Hifiman Aryas if I want an unrealistically large soundstage with really tinny sounding treble.. by the imaging and speed and naturalness of the Abyss house sound is why they are the pinnicle for me. I used the V2's for 5 months.. ethused but not overwhelmed.. The comfort was meh and the way those overpriced pads fit was leaving part of the bottom part of the cups hanging a bit loose.. creating not the best seal. fast forward to a week ago.. I sold my V2's and bought a set of Diana TC's. Jesus god man.. it seems subtle at first but these really are perhaps the most balanced and intreaging headphones I've ever heard for realism and good tambre. I had an old Senheiser 700 Balanced cable that I very much liked with them at first but then I purchase a more pure Copper Silver mix cable off ebay for around $350 bucks. They brough weight and swagger to the set.. didn't even know they needed it. I've worked with that lovely European woman who makes magnetic headbands for these.. and I bought 2. A slimer design thats purple paisley leather and merino wool, the first of which I'm giving the guy who purchased the V2's from me as well as a slightly larger and even more pillowly Dark Green Merino wool magnetic pad. Funny thing was that when I tried the TC's on.. the regular headband was just fine.. even though they barely added any padding to the original band. It just works.. No more feeling that the cups are pulling down, direction of the pads is perfect for an XL large head and I can wear themn for hours without even using the pads. I may even buy the "snake oil" cable - beasue I'm curious just how perfect you can get these to sound. My Desktop set-up will make some of you Jelly. It is a JCAT XE USB PCI express USB card with its own linear power supply going into a Denafrips Gaia DDC - Into a Terminater 2 - and then the best in class Denafrips Preamp the Athena.. and finally into a Burson Soloist 3X Grand Touer. I am at a 9.8 out of 10 right now.. why not a 10? The guy I purchased these from had a Broadway 11 Amp which were made specifically tailored for Abyss even thoiugh my Burson has a lot more power on tap, and they just sound a little more awesome than my Burson Soloist can get them. Thing is, the 11's have no mic pre outs - and I listen to my Focal Wave 65 monitors much of the time when I'm not wearing the Abyss TC's. So basically I'm thinking of selling my Soloist for something like a Hypsos Oor Ferrum stack.. or whatever gels the absolute best with these cans and can also power a set of monitors. Can anyone give me an idea of where to start looking? The Burson with the 5a Supercharger was around 2700.. and I don't want to spend much more than that. Until I figure it out I'll stay just shy of perfection.. abnd that's mighty fine with me! Abyss is not Snakeoil.. if you want to obsess over measurtemnets then I don't think you've tried too many cans.. becasue when you let thre Dianas TC's compete at their best its a revolutionary headphone. Makes everything Hifiman has created besides the Susvara look like amatuer hour. These are End Game plus.
Can you give us a link to the maker of the headband covers?

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #5,703 of 7,405
Just got the K DAC.

It’s my first R2R and it being new and all I genuinely don’t know what’s think besides it sounds great so far.

Unless I’m imagining things I swear there’s more low end or fuller presentation than with the Matrix.
Perhaps wider staging as well.

FB2B8C6A-8A79-4ADF-B02C-9D5D9AF4F5DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #5,704 of 7,405
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Aug 22, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #5,705 of 7,405
Aug 22, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #5,706 of 7,405
Does the Diana TC use a 2.5 mm connector or a 3.5 mm connector ? on the headphone side.

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #5,708 of 7,405
So sad to send these back. But thankfully I’ll have my beloved AB1266 Phi TC to keep me entertained. Such impressive headphones and in such a small form factor was equally impressive!

Nice review... As an owner of the Diana Phi, I am very curious what the Diana TC would bring to the table above mine...

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #5,709 of 7,405
Hey i played a bit with EQ and come with this results:

Filter 1: ON LS Fc 35 Hz Gain 8.0 dB Q 1.0
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 125 Hz Gain -0.3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -2.4 dB Q 1.41
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 500 Hz Gain -0.5 dB Q 1.41
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -4.2 dB Q 1.41
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 1.41
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 3700 Hz Gain 5.0 dB Q 9.0
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain 3.7 dB Q 1.41
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 16000 Hz Gain -7.3 dB Q 1.41

(Mid Focused)
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 35 Hz Gain 8.0 dB Q 1.0
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 125 Hz Gain -0.3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -2.4 dB Q 1.41
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 500 Hz Gain -0.5 dB Q 1.41
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 1194 Hz Gain -2.0 dB Q 2.0
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 1.41
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 3700 Hz Gain 5.0 dB Q 9.0
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain 3.7 dB Q 1.41
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 16000 Hz Gain -7.3 dB Q 1.41

What do you think?

Also i wondered on one side of my first Abyss Diana v1 I can't get the headband all the way down, does anyone know a solution?

Aug 25, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #5,712 of 7,405
+8db at 35hz on the Diana may run into some rattle or distortion at high volumes (also depends on the music you listen to.) If you listen at low volume, you would probably be ok.

That said, reducing everything from 125hz to 1194khz also seems like a very strange decision for a supposedly mid focused EQ profile.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #5,715 of 7,405
I own the Diana V2 pads and am considering cutting them open at the seam, based on the DMS Mod Pads, removing some fabric and gluing them together with leather glue. Where do I have to remove fabric and are there things I need to consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

• lwd
Back