Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Oct 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #406 of 7,459
I thought the price is $2999

Yes that's what I don't like. That why I said maybe it should be $1999. Not $3000. Really $3000 for this.... I rather save a bit more and get a abyss than ! or something else !

I think $3000 is a big mistake on them.

At $2000 is perfect ! It can compete with,

HD800S, Ether Flow, Audeze LCD 3/X , 007, and such . And people can easily recommend Diana as an alternative to those I listed !

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #407 of 7,459
I just listen to all three colour pairs . This headphone is not bad. I approve ! But not the pricing thou... (Maybe $1999)

Sound impression :
High on top
High on top?

Do you mean treble is very extended or do you mean bright?

Please let it be the former.

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #408 of 7,459
Neutral, but high on top and bassy sometimes, punchy like utopia, also like stax and also like abyss...

Thanks for posting your thoughts and photos, but I'm confused

and you listened to all the colours? :thinking:

Oct 14, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #409 of 7,459
Tbh I actually liked Diana a lot more than the Phi. The Phi didn't really have the detail I was expecting next to Utopia, while the Diana sounded really natural and engaging. I was listening to Take It Easy by The Eagles and it was one of the best renditions I'd heard that day at RMAF.

I was really big fan of these ones, may get a rental unit to get some time with it on my system. And i was really expecting the like the Phi far more. RMAF really had a lot of stuff I thought I'd like that I didn't and a lot I thought I wouldn't like that I loved.

My pic from the show:
7jTBb2J.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #410 of 7,459
Hot damn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 14, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #411 of 7,459
That was the price they mentioned when I heard the Diana today. Great little headphones that sounded B-I-G! Though the Phi off the Wells Enigma were truly flagship headphones. Great 1-2 combination.

Oct 15, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #413 of 7,459
Man, I really wish it was $2k instead of $3k, really.

Actually, when recent trend of many headphone creators/manufacturers coming back to compete at sub $1k space, it looks more expensive than it looked a year ago. We didn't have many great headphones released in sub $1k space back then, most flagships were released above $2k and pushing higher. $3k for an on-ear, actually even $2k, really looks more expensive consider the options/comparisons we have right now.

It might worth it though. (Hey, an Abyss that you can take with you, why not?). Have to hear it and put it on my head before commenting though, since I have real comfortability concern for anything on-ear myself.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #414 of 7,459
How "On-ear" was it really? I have some portable sennheiser's that have really small earcups but if I wiggle them around a bit I can get my ears to sit inside the pads. I know it's not an ideal way of doing things though.

Oct 15, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #415 of 7,459
How "On-ear" was it really? I have some portable sennheiser's that have really small earcups but if I wiggle them around a bit I can get my ears to sit inside the pads. I know it's not an ideal way of doing things though.

I totally understand what you mean and I'm with you here. Same thing for me. I look at the photos and feel that it could well be over ear for me. At least I might be able to put my ears (at least the top part, where it usually hurt for me if some thing's on them) well inside the pads. Though it might not be that comfortable doing so.

Dimension of the ear pad (especially the opening) would be very welcome information. I'm sure, though, that we will have more info when it's released.

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #416 of 7,459

The size of earpad is bigger than normal on ear and smaller than normal over ear. So you cannot wear it like an on ear but you feel small wearing it as an over ear.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #417 of 7,459
I hope it's not the part on-ear/part over-ear thing I got with the first Momentum and the Focal Spirit One. And different sized ears will get different sound from them. Should not have to stuff your ears inside. Funny, one would think that the earpad should be the easy part of the design....make the ear fit inside. The hard work is designing a driver and housing.

Oct 15, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #420 of 7,459
Huh? It was over ear. Totally fit mine. Never even crossed my mind about being an on ear.
That's what it looked like to me in the pics. But some people seem to find it a bit cramped. Too bad nobody could measure the openings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back