Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 19, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #3,811 of 7,405
Feb 20, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,812 of 7,405
I want to hear that sexy Diana out of my Sp2k cu πŸ˜›πŸ˜Ž must be heaven πŸ˜ƒπŸ€ͺπŸ™€

As a long time owner of Tia Fourte (since 2016), I fall in love with Diana V2 almost instantly when first time tried them.

Although if I have to match Diana's character as an IEM, U18T would come closer actually. (I also like U18T, so perhaps that's why I don't mind).

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #3,813 of 7,405
Unacceptable they didn't state the chips. I wouldn't be happy or keep them either

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #3,814 of 7,405
As a long time owner of Tia Fourte (since 2016), I fall in love with Diana V2 almost instantly when first time tried them.

Although if I have to match Diana's character as an IEM, U18T would come closer actually. (I also like U18T, so perhaps that's why I don't mind).

Oh thanks for that secret impression :) I never thought Diana was closer to u18t, hmmm I own the noirs and I recently sold them and got a new Tia mystius iem. Seriously Id love to have Diana but its open back and I need at all cost something closed back!

I heard for so long @Abyss Headphones is working on a closed iem but so far no news, maybe some time soon? Audeze did release something lately.

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #3,815 of 7,405
Hello, does anyone know how I can purchase the DMS Mod ear pads for my Diana V2s? Anyone willing to sell theirs?

I only see the stock versions on the Abyss website.

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #3,816 of 7,405
Hello, does anyone know how I can purchase the DMS Mod ear pads for my Diana V2s? Anyone willing to sell theirs?

Send an email to Abyss, they will tell you to add a comment "DMS Mod ear pads" when ordering a normal pair. :)

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #3,817 of 7,405
Send an email to Abyss, they will tell you to add a comment "DMS Mod ear pads" when ordering a normal pair. :)
So I have to order a brand new pair of Diana V2s? I'll send them an email but I would prefer to buy the modded pads separately for the ones I already have haha.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #3,818 of 7,405

I did email them about a month ago and they told me that they no longer offer the modded pads.

Feb 21, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #3,819 of 7,405
I did email them about a month ago and they told me that they no longer offer the modded pads.
Could I maybe try contacting DMS himself? Maybe he has a few of them laying around? Lol. If they're more comfortable I wonder why Abyss didn't offer these as additional purchase.

Feb 21, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #3,820 of 7,405
Could I maybe try contacting DMS himself? Maybe he has a few of them laying around? Lol. If they're more comfortable I wonder why Abyss didn't offer these as additional purchase.
DMS suffers from some cardiac issues lately... probably cannot engage in extensive working. All the best to him.

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #3,821 of 7,405
Well, I joined "the club" 3 weeks ago and this has been a very interesting experience. The intended lack of cup seal took some getting used to as no other headphone is like this and felt "odd" for a bit. But once that was out of the way and I could focus solely on the sound.. wow. Nothing I've ever tried has been as enjoyable as the Diana V2 and I've tried just about everything (other than Susvara and 1266). The only time I ever reach for a different headphone, is when I need a closed back because the wife starts yelling at me for being too loud (Dianas are effectively speakers). It's unfortunate so many people have an issue with fit because it's a spectacular headphone everyone should get a chance experience it.

Attachments

• IMG-1076.jpg
    IMG-1076.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Feb 21, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #3,823 of 7,405
I've noticed that for me at least, the best position of the pads for the Diana V2 is to switch them upside down from stock position (fatter end on top instead of bottom), that will give you bass impact and really helps with the resolution a bit too as it seems there is less distortion and a more clearer sound.
Only problem with this is that they dig a little bit into my temples, which is why I ordered a cushioned headband cover and I'm actively looking for DMS Mod pads to maximize comfort.

Feb 21, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #3,824 of 7,405
I've noticed that for me at least, the best position of the pads for the Diana V2 is to switch them upside down from stock position (fatter end on top instead of bottom), that will give you bass impact and really helps with the resolution a bit too as it seems there is less distortion and a more clearer sound.
Only problem with this is that they dig a little bit into my temples, which is why I ordered a cushioned headband cover and I'm actively looking for DMS Mod pads to maximize comfort.

Did you rotate them 180 degrees? Mine were rotated for 90 degrees clockwise, that gives me the best balance between comfort, bass and tonality.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #3,825 of 7,405
Just recieved a set of used DMS Mod pads taken from a Diana Phi and the difference in comfort and sound on my V2s is shocking.

In my set up, I used the default position of the ear pads (fat end on bottom), bought a short Geekria headband cusion cover and along with the DMS Mod pads, pulled the headband adjustment 3 steps on each side and oh boy, the sound is opened up becuase your ears are pushed closer to the drivers. The sound is closer to your ears and you can really hear the difference compared to stock positioning.

My Diana V2s just got even sweeter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back