Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 6, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #513 of 805
I too agree Duncan has gone out of his way to rectify issues for everyone and have told him numerous times by thanking him. Tempers were flying with alot of these posts. However, I may have been hasty but look at what we are dealing with here! I was only trying to protect my investment of $525.00, and the only way I knew how was to dispute the charges. I have no interest what soever in hurting someone's business, but I don't want to end up on the short end of the stick either. All indicators seemed to point in that direction. I have told Duncan I will remove the dispute as soon as Larry issues me the refund.

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #514 of 805
Rob,
Sorry, but I have to say at this point that is easy for you to say. You have your money back! I agree, name calling is not necessary and I don't believe I've done that here. All I want is my money back, and shoot me for wanting to defend myself when someone twists the facts around on me. Sorry, I'll defend myself everytime, and expect nothing less from me! Now I'm just waiting on Larry's refund so we can put this issue to sleep, well, at least for me.

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #517 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's a paypal refund, the refund itself will remove the dispute w/o you doing anything

It's not a Paypal refund. I believe Larry has to send the money back to flashbak via Paypal because Duncan collected his money and sent it to Larry somehow.

Nov 7, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #518 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rob,
Sorry, but I have to say at this point that is easy for you to say. You have your money back! I agree, name calling is not necessary and I don't believe I've done that here. All I want is my money back, and shoot me for wanting to defend myself when someone twists the facts around on me. Sorry, I'll defend myself everytime, and expect nothing less from me! Now I'm just waiting on Larry's refund so we can put this issue to sleep, well, at least for me.

No worries mate - I wasn't aiming my post at you anyhow.

Nov 7, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #519 of 805
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #520 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No worries mate - I wasn't aiming my post at you anyhow.

On that note let's not in fight the fight is not within the community. The fight is keeping this from happening again!

The next "NEW" product that comes down the pike lets refrain and not support a "project" with your own hard earned money.

Spending money on products is bad enough! LOL!
cool.gif

But funding some guys pipe dream of an idea is not what most had in mind.

I very narrowing got nabbed in this "project" when I was purchasing my first portable 2 years ago.

After getting dribs and drabs of info on the Diablo's and a estimated pre Christmas 2005 anticipated delivery date I decided to do some more looking. The other amp that interested me was the Ray Samuels Hornet. So I also called Ray at RSA.

Within 5 minutes of my conversation with Ray I knew I made the right choice to do business with him and could not be happier with my RSA Hornet. It is the only piece of gear that did not get traded, sold or upgraded to date!

After 2 long years. Ray continues to impress me with is eagerness to help or answer a question and lets face it his products are Killer! (Totally non-bias opinion
wink.gif
) ........so by the way have you seen my Silver...................kidding!!!!!!!

2 Years ago I could not of known to say I told you so but I can now. You defiantly do get wiser with more and more Head-fi experience.

Without making claims of this product is better than that! (I'm not going there!) and its not my intention of this post.

How about a product that exists! One that sounds fantastic! One that can be repaired in a timely fashion should you have a problem!

You get my point! Support the vendor[size=medium]s[/size] you wish I know there are a lot of great products out there from very reputable companies.

Do your research etc but in the end choose a Manufacturer that has a good reputation and a history of helping Head-fiers whether it is Ray or another, this way you will be guaranteed a pleasant purchasing experience.

And that is the fun! (Oh yeah listening is OK too!)
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #521 of 805
Well said! I knew better, but Larry makes some beautiful cases and I just couldn't resist when I saw they had started to ship the product. Phil and Larry as far as product went were an amazing combo! Both artists in their own right! It is a real shame it all came to this!

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #522 of 805
Yep! no denying that case was gorgeous!

Maybe what Larry should do is sell the design / concept to a reputable manufacturer pay EVERYONE BACK! and let them fix the bugs and cut his losses!

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #524 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Calling it a project is nothing more than spin. I don't recall the PR II ever being known as a "project", which Duncan refers to in those e-mails. This wasn't money invested in Larocco Audio, like they were purchasing stock in a company. They were buying an amp,period. And I'm glad I did not give in to temptation 2 years ago. If I were Phil Larocco, I would be taking Larry Milligan to court to prevent him from further use of his good and well-respected name.

Rather funny, as if the 'project' was successful the investors would be entitled to a share of the profits? They going to ship the 'investors' multiple units if there are profits? No, they only get one unit. I think any lawyer could tear that argument to shreds in court.

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #525 of 805
project investments would require a great deal more "full disclosure" than what was provided here or on the other forums. Product down payments should be fully refunded if delivery criteria were not met. EOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back