Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 6, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #481 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the Diablo oddessy is now officially over for me, as the Diablo I was sent in error no longer works. This morning the left channel started to emit some intermittent static, and within 5 minutes it was 100 percent static and no music. It's hosed. I am going to mail it back to Larry, and since it was sent to me in error anyway, its over for me. I will clearly not be reviewing it, and while I truly hope that Larry can sort his issues out, I think the future for the Diablo, and for Larocco Audio the company, looks pretty bleak.

Wow. I don't know what else to say.
frown.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #485 of 805
Future note for Larocco, gluing the chassis shut is a monumentally stupid idea. Good luck servicing those amps. Ugh.

Sorry that the news only gets worse for you folks waiting on amps, what a giant suck pill.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #486 of 805
I know what I want to say: [size=xx-large]I WANT A REFUND![/size] I have started a dispute with Paypal and have just emailed Duncan requesting a refund. Way too much grief for an amp that supposedly isn't much better sounding then the Corda Move! Now with the failure of the Diablo Skylab was shipped, it clearly points to the Diablo not being ready for prime time! What a mess!

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #487 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL!

X2

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #488 of 805
My Diablo had about 100 hours on it. It worked fine when I last used it, which was about 5 days ago. Today it worked fine for less than 2 minutes before the trouble started, and it was straight downhill from there. The battery seems to work fine in mine, BTW.

And for what it's worth, I *TRULY* hope that Larry can resolve these issues, and come out of this in a positive way. But until he starts to communicate more with his customers, it's going to be a challenge, in my opinion. He needs to at least resume replying to emails, and posting on ipastudio. Otherwise, these things just fester, and people get mad.

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #489 of 805
Brutal. Sorry you guys have had to go through this.
frown.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #491 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rob,
Did you send Larry money for the amp he sent you accidently?

No - Larry never replied to any of my emails. So I am not out any money.

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #492 of 805
Wow...talk about sucky. Even a free amp doesn't work out, lol.

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #493 of 805
That is a good thing for you Sky.

This whole Diablo venture appears to have been the cart in front of the horse from the get go and only compounded by Larry's lack of initiative in being forthright (or even communicating at all:-0) from the onset.

Now we are seeing the biggest travesty of all in that Larry actually shipped out amps that were not QC'd obviously! I have mentioned it before what kind of company would do something like this and risk what has now become the inevitable with current customers holding the bag (or not) and those who have witnessed and decided LaRocco audio is not worth the time nor money:frowning2:

Regardless of how long many have waited these units should have been fully assembled (sans any glue!) and run in for at least 3 three hour sessions to include full charges after each session plus a final listening before packing and shipping but I'm not LaRocco Audio!

I really hate eating crow so I'm just going to wait and see how the Diablo pans out over the next couple years because you never know Larry & LaRocco Audio may recover and end up with a nice production amp one day but I don't advise anyone holding their breath:-0

I appreciate your step by step Skylab and I'm happy for you Boom, at least someone is getting something a little positive out of all this:wink:

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #494 of 805
All I will say is, I am in shock at Duncan's response via PayPal's resolution center comments. He is clearly not portraying it correctly...Shame on you Duncan!

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #495 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I will say is, I am in shock at Duncan's response via PayPal's resolution center comments. He is clearly not portraying it correctly...Shame on you Duncan!

WHAT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back