Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 6, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #496 of 805
Update:
Duncan has gotten Larry to email me asking me to close the dispute out and he will issue me the refund. I'm waiting......and will close the dispute when I have my money back. Yes, I've PM'ed Duncan telling him I didn't appreciate his inaccurate comments in the thread of the dispute in PayPal.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #500 of 805
Bump, LOL Nick:-0

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #501 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the Diablo oddessy is now officially over for me, as the Diablo I was sent in error no longer works. This morning the left channel started to emit some intermittent static, and within 5 minutes it was 100 percent static and no music. It's hosed. I am going to mail it back to Larry, and since it was sent to me in error anyway, its over for me. I will clearly not be reviewing it, and while I truly hope that Larry can sort his issues out, I think the future for the Diablo, and for Larocco Audio the company, looks pretty bleak.

blink.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #502 of 805
Sorry folks what's the point! For a second time today I aborted further mud slinging by deleting my original posts in this thread. Anyway, both Nick and I have been told we will be issued a refund by Larry. I'm still waiting....

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #503 of 805
I really don't care what he says, when he collects money for something he inherently accepts some of the responsibility of delivery. If I bought a Calvin Klein jacket from Macy's, I wouldn't go to Calvin Klein for the return of my order! He's acting as the middle man by handling our money...hence he's responsible for the delivery at that point. There was no legal contract stating anything on his site.
I will say that Duncan has been great to work with, he's a great guy. But he just trusts Larry waaay too much! For instance, this morning he said that all US orders were shipped, per Larry. But about 15 minutes ago, Larry emailed me to see if I wanted the amp, or a refund...basically implying he hasn't shipped it.
Who knows, maybe one will show up at my door like Skylab! LOL!

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #504 of 805
Paypal sucks. That guys word sucks. Dude, be careful, you might end up losing your money....

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #505 of 805
This should be a good wake up call for clear and decisive project agreements going forward.

All the builder/seller points as well as what the buyers expect from payment to testing to arrival of your goods.

This appears to be a shear case of PPP and unfortunately Duncan is being stuck with a lot of clean up he should not be responsible for and I agree he is doing all he can being the man in the middle. I would never slay the messenger when everything goes back to Larry.

If you want to build amps and run a business do it, if you only want to build amps hire a business person and for God's sake communicate!

I have had high hopes since the first time I read about this amp and them the first photo's really got me going only to have this thread rip those dreams to shreds and I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way!

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #506 of 805
Guys, let's be sure not to dive down into insults and name calling. I have met Duncan, and he is a GREAT guy. I have never met Larry, but there is a distinct possibility that he too means well, and has had things conspire against him.

People should certainly know the facts about what has been occurring, but let's not make it personal, folks, however hard that may be.

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #508 of 805
Quote:

You invested into a project not a product.

Is this true? Is it documented that it's a project investment and not a product purchase?

It sounds to me like one is basically funding a venture and the risks are therefore much higher. In business, when such a round of funding (angel funding, or xxx round of venture capital investment) is obtained, the payoffs are much higher than an amp.

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #509 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this true? Is it documented that it's a project investment and not a product purchase?

It sounds to me like one is basically funding a venture and the risks are therefore much higher. In business, when such a round of funding (angel funding, or xxx round of venture capital investment) is obtained, the payoffs are much higher than an amp.

Calling it a project is nothing more than spin. I don't recall the PR II ever being known as a "project", which Duncan refers to in those e-mails. This wasn't money invested in Larocco Audio, like they were purchasing stock in a company. They were buying an amp,period. And I'm glad I did not give in to temptation 2 years ago. If I were Phil Larocco, I would be taking Larry Milligan to court to prevent him from further use of his good and well-respected name.

Nov 6, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #510 of 805
Leaving credible feedback for the manufacturer or a seller of a product that you bought from through Head-Fi, is the only way to avoid incidents like this in the future, especially for n00B's.

This is the first time that a product that Phil worked on turned into such a disaster for many people. It's tough because Phil says he doesn't work with LaRocco anymore (I think that's the case from reading this thread through it's maturity) and Larry built and distributed the amp.

It's important to leave the proper feedback for the proper person...good or bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back