Diablo's are Surfacing!
Oct 16, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Confucius say he who views FS forum wait much less than others.

oh god, this really made me laughed in real life.

Anyway, sounds great knowing the diablo is finally surfacing. However, i really don't want to know what will happen if it didnt live up to it's delays and hype. O_O.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 805
Only one person has received the Diablo (he got the two mentioned) as far as I know. As the Diablo was his idea, and he was one to whom we sent our money, and kept us all in the loop when communication with Larry vanished, it makes sense that he received his first. I'm hopeful, but since no one else has reported even getting a shipping notice, I'm not going to get too excited yet...maybe just a little bit. Supposedly, some more were to have gone out last week (didn't happen), and more this week (???). We'll see.

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only one person has received the Diablo (he got the two mentioned) as far as I know. As the Diablo was his idea, and he was one to whom we sent our money, and kept us all in the loop when communication with Larry vanished, it makes sense that he received his first. I'm hopeful, but since no one else has reported even getting a shipping notice, I'm not going to get too excited yet...maybe just a little bit. Supposedly, some more were to have gone out last week (didn't happen), and more this week (???). We'll see.

You're right boomana! We have to wait for Duncan to the okay on the quality of his Diablo's before Larry ships the rest. I also asked Duncan about the shipping notices and he said that they probably won't be sent...so, it'll surprise you when it gets there! I just ordered mine last week and Duncan said he'd probably let me know when mine is shipped.

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 805
It still feels a bit surreal - do they really exist or not?

The receiver is UK based and tended in the past to take pics of everything in sight so I'd at least have expected some visual evidence too. Even with an expedited delivery method I'd have expected a US buyer getting the first one.

Still I have my proverbial fingers crossed for you.

Steve

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #10 of 805
Well, pics have appeared. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that not only do we get them soon, but that they sound as good as they look. I chose the silver for myself.

EDIT: THESE PICTURES WERE TAKEN BY DUNCAN AT ipastudio.com There are also more pictures available on that site: http://www.ipastudio.com/forums/

LaRocco Diablo..
5d2.jpg

5d17.jpg

5d1.jpg

5d16.jpg

5d12.jpg

5d6.jpg

5d18.jpg

EDIT: fixed so you wouldn't have to click a link to view pics.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 805
Now that is one handsome amp with out of sight design and build.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 805
Wow - I'm happy even though I did not order one. I'm happy for those who bought one so their monies were not in vain and happy for Larry that he delivered*.

* - I know delivered is still a question mark as only one person has received their amp and the SQ is yet TBD.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #14 of 805
Can any of you let me know what the Diablo is going to run $$$ as my email just got kicked back from Larry's mailbox as he has exceeded his limit and that all probably happened 2 minutes after this
thread started:-0

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #15 of 805
Not sure what the final price will be. This was a group pre-order that started over two years ago. I don't even remember what I paid, but I'm thinking it was $500+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back