Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 9, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #586 of 805
Gotcha...I won't do it
smily_headphones1.gif

But you can understand my confusion when the ALO site shows my cable (as well as the Jumbo Cotton and others) being run directly into a Tomahawk and there is no reference to having to use the Vcap dock for things to work right and not cause damage.

I guess I need a second docking cable for times when I want to be more portable then....
confused.gif

RIDE

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #588 of 805
Sorry guys...I am listening to your advice and REALLY appreciate it.
smily_headphones1.gif
Also, I have only done that test 2 VERY brief times...litterally for a split second...so all is good. Got the Vcap in line now...and enjoying life.
wink.gif

Not trying to be stubborn here...only trying to explain why I was confused. You have to admit to that things are far from clear on the ALO site. The Jumbo Cryo is referred to as an "iMod" cable and pictured being plugged directly into an amp. Why would someone with little understanding of the inner workings know that you would have to add the Vcap if using an iMod OR that the pod pictured in the iMod Jumbo Cryo Dock item was a regular iPod?

Direct from the ALO site:
Now have the full powerfull delivery of the Jumbo (18 gauge) Cryo Dock for your iMod. Featuring the 18G JenaLabs Ultra Wire, terminated to a high quality Canare F12 mini plug.

Note: Imod enabled cables are designed to work with a RedWineAudio modified 5.5G ipod that we sell separately. Imod and amp are not included

I get it...really I do
smily_headphones1.gif
But no reference to needing a Vcap is made which is why I figured I was good to go.

Sorry for frustrating a few of you...and again, I appreciate the help.

RIDE

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #589 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL!

Like I said the other day about one liners this thread has staying power
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #590 of 805
Ride, you are using copy from the "Imod Jumbo Cryo" but you own (I think) a Jumbo Cryo, there's a difference. Look on the ALO site. There is a section "ipod line out dock cables" and a section for "imod cables." Both have jumbo cryos. As far as the pictures like the one on the home page, if you look closely at the mini plug end of the dock it says, "Imod."

If you still don't understand, PM me and I'll give you a phone number. I live in the bay area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry guys...I am listening to your advice and REALLY appreciate it.
smily_headphones1.gif
Also, I have only done that test 2 VERY brief times...litterally for a split second...so all is good. Got the Vcap in line now...and enjoying life.
wink.gif

Not trying to be stubborn here...only trying to explain why I was confused. You have to admit to that things are far from clear on the ALO site. The Jumbo Cryo is referred to as an "iMod" cable and pictured being plugged directly into an amp. Why would someone with little understanding of the inner workings know that you would have to add the Vcap if using an iMod OR that the pod pictured in the iMod Jumbo Cryo Dock item was a regular iPod?

Direct from the ALO site:
Now have the full powerfull delivery of the Jumbo (18 gauge) Cryo Dock for your iMod. Featuring the 18G JenaLabs Ultra Wire, terminated to a high quality Canare F12 mini plug.

Note: Imod enabled cables are designed to work with a RedWineAudio modified 5.5G ipod that we sell separately. Imod and amp are not included

I get it...really I do
smily_headphones1.gif
But no reference to needing a Vcap is made which is why I figured I was good to go.

Sorry for frustrating a few of you...and again, I appreciate the help.

RIDE

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #591 of 805
Got it hamparts...thanks for the friendly response.
smily_headphones1.gif

My head hurts now...
wink.gif
Going to order up the propper cable straight away!

RIDE

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #593 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is because you are a Lady Teacher! Everyone respects Lady Teachers, I know I married one.
wink.gif

Everyone except the tax payers. I ended up having to quit teaching as I couldn't afford to do it without a second job, and doing two jobs was killing me, since teaching was already more like three to begin with
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #594 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone except the tax payers. I ended up having to quit teaching as I couldn't afford to do it without a second job, and doing two jobs was killing me, since teaching was already more like three to begin with
frown.gif

Sadly you are correct! but that means that now you have weekends off.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #595 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by hamparts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ride, you are using copy from the "Imod Jumbo Cryo" but you own (I think) a Jumbo Cryo, there's a difference. Look on the ALO site. There is a section "ipod line out dock cables" and a section for "imod cables." Both have jumbo cryos. As far as the pictures like the one on the home page, if you look closely at the mini plug end of the dock it says, "Imod."

If you still don't understand, PM me and I'll give you a phone number. I live in the bay area.

hamparts is correct. all cables that have a BG cap IN the cable will have a tag on the plug that says "iMod" if it does not say this then your cable does not have the BG caps in it. Additionally I have had this statement on in the description of the vCap product from day one.

"IMPORTANT - The supplied cable for use with the ALO Vcap dock should only be used in conjunction with the Vcap dock and not used with the imod unless it is being used with the Vcap dock. If you want to use your iMod with out the Vcap dock you have to purchase a iMod cable separately."

Anyhow I do apologize if there was or is any confusion, if there is any doubt please do email me.

Thanks!

Ken

PS: I want a Diablo, I know I am a Johnny come lately

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 10, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #596 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, pics have appeared. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that not only do we get them soon, but that they sound as good as they look. I chose the silver for myself.

EDIT: THESE PICTURES WERE TAKEN BY DUNCAN AT ipastudio.com There are also more pictures available on that site: http://www.ipastudio.com/forums/

LaRocco Diablo..
5d2.jpg

5d17.jpg

5d1.jpg

5d16.jpg

5d12.jpg

5d6.jpg

5d18.jpg

EDIT: fixed so you wouldn't have to click a link to view pics.

Those look bad to the bone!
I've read most of the pages, are there really only a couple that actually work? That's a shame if it's true. I'd love to get one of those.

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #597 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by L84AD8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those look bad to the bone!
I've read most of the pages, are there really only a couple that actually work? That's a shame if it's true. I'd love to get one of those.

Sad, but true...especially after being in production for 2.5 years! You'd think there would be a QA step of some sort.
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #598 of 805
Perhaps he felt pressured by the threat of legal action by Skylab and others, and wanted to get something shipped out at least, just a guess.

Nov 10, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #599 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
especially after being in production for 2.5 years! You'd think there would be a QA step of some sort.
tongue.gif

On the other hand, if they had properly functioning amps then they would've shipped it long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back