Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 9, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #572 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK...a bit of an update. Now bear in mind, that my set up is not burned but for a couple of hours (iMod and Portable Vcap) and I am listening through a pair of SR60s until I get my LiveWires and US Hfi 700s.

I charged up the Diablo and hooked everything up. The blue lights came on...and music started flowing. My set up sounded a bit bright, but it seems to have settled in even after a few hours of listening. But I was amazed at how great this set up sounded...and my point of referrence is a Hornet M. The sound just seemed more clear and balanced to my unqualified ears
smily_headphones1.gif
Stellar bass too...which is what I like quite a bit.

So I decided to remove the Vcap from the equation and run the iMod directly through the Diablo. As I turned up the volume trying to get to a loud listening level, things got all squirley and the music distored before I could get things turned up to a loud enough listening level. The most I could get to was a less than average level. Not sure what is going on here.

Once I bring the Vcap back into the fold....BAM...things are all good again and I could crank up the music as loud as my ears could handle.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

So I have left things burning with pink noise all night...and will keep that going for at least 100 hours with only some spot listening here and there before I really try to analyze the SC.

RIDE

You are aware that you MUST have some sort of ALO dock with dc-blocking caps in between your 5G iMod and the Diablo, or you could potentially damage the amp and your headphones, yes?

Nov 9, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #573 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are aware that you MUST have some sort of ALO dock with dc-blocking caps in between your 5G iMod and the Diablo, or you could potentially damage the amp and your headphones, yes?

The DC-offset from iRiver IHP1xx without caps is about 1.6V! I don't think iPod is very much different. Plug in that dock! I don't think you're going to wreck your amp, but maybe your phones.

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #576 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup....I am using an ALO Jumbo Cryo Dock plugged directly into the Portable Vcap with another Jumbo Cryo mini to mini connecting to the Diablo. Of course, when I run it without the Vcap...I just connect the iMod to the Diablo via Jumbo Cryo Dock.

Sound is killer with the Vcap...but I can't get it to the higher volumes without it. Very confusing...not sure what is causing this.

RIDE

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #578 of 805
Bottom Line if you just used a non ALO imod cable when you bypassed you V-dock and something no goes wrong with your amp.

It is not going to be covered under your "warranty".

YOU CAN NOT USE and other cable then an ALO imod cable or the DC offset is gonna do bad things!

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #579 of 805
I am using ALO Jumbo Cryos all the way around.

I am really confused why I can't listen to the iMod/Diablo combo using the ALO Jumbo Cryo dock...except for lower listening levels. It just does not make sense.

RIDE

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #580 of 805
Quote:

I am really confused why I can't listen to the iMod/Diablo combo using the ALO Jumbo Cryo dock...except for lower listening levels. It just does not make sense.

RIDE

Because that's how the imod works. Don't do it!

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #581 of 805
Quote:

RIDE

You are not listening! You have to have an IMOD ALO CABLE that has capacitors in it when not using the V-Dock. The Jumbo Cryo is only good with a stock ipod or when using your V-dock!

The Vdock has capacitors in it to block the voltage!

Stop using that cable NOW! Your gonna hurt yourself with that thing! LOL!!!!!

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #583 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, you might fry your Diablo...then you will really be out $525!

I worry Less about the Diablo then his iMOD and his Cans.

The Diablo's gonna blow up anyway so no great surprise there!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back