Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 8, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #556 of 805
I had reported that I was one of the first to receive a Diablo. It was also one with a defective battery and worked just once. I emailed Larry and he (same day) replied, sent me a replacement and asked that I ship the defective unit back once I received the replacement. The replacement arrived today and had a charge. I am listening to it right now (Van Morrison Live - Diablo sounds very good for a first listen).

Larry may be a bad time manager and poor communicator, but his actions show he has a very high business integrity.

I'd say Ride has little risk shipping his amp back in exchange for a back anodized one. He should simply check to make certain that Larry actually made more than the one shipped to Fully Monty.

Feashman

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #557 of 805
I sent an email to Larry asking what can be done. I would prefer a black one be sent to me first before I send mine back. We'll see what happens from here.

Bottom line...I do have an amp!

RIDE

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #558 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by feashman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had reported that I was one of the first to receive a Diablo. It was also one with a defective battery and worked just once. I emailed Larry and he (same day) replied, sent me a replacement and asked that I ship the defective unit back once I received the replacement. The replacement arrived today and had a charge. I am listening to it right now (Van Morrison Live - Diablo sounds very good for a first listen).

Larry may be a bad time manager and poor communicator, but his actions show he has a very high business integrity.

I'd say Ride has little risk shipping his amp back in exchange for a back anodized one. He should simply check to make certain that Larry actually made more than the one shipped to Fully Monty. Feashman

Sorry if this is legit but your post has very little credibility. Integrity requires doing what you say you are going to do and Larry's example is the complete antonym, let alone your aforementioned "high" integrity. Lack of communication to those who have given you money IS an integrity issue as well.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #560 of 805
Quote:

Larry may be a bad time manager and poor communicator, but his actions show he has a [size=large]very high business integrity.[/size]

Feashman

R
eek.gif
TFL!!

WHAAAAAAA HAAAAA HAHAH HAAHAHAAA!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #561 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
R
eek.gif
TFL!!

WHAAAAAAA HAAAAA HAHAH HAAHAHAAA!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Please tell me that you aren't any older than 16
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #562 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this is legit but your post has very little credibility. Integrity requires doing what you say you are going to do and Larry's example is the complete antonym, let alone your aforementioned "high" integrity. Lack of communication to those who have given you money IS an integrity issue as well.
rolleyes.gif

The post is very credible as it is my experience. Other's have had different experiences with Larry. I don't understand or represent his methodology, but I have two Diablos in hand. The second was shipped Express Mail the same day I notified him that I had a dead product. That is about as credible as it gets.

I am not disagreeing with your observations, but your opinion doesn't make my experience less credible.

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #563 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please tell me that you aren't any older than 16
biggrin.gif

41 but 16 sounds about right!

My jaw is getting tired from all this gum Aaron!
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #565 of 805
Well I'm happy to say I just received a full refund from Duncan. Larry was short about $37.00 but Duncan being the stand up guy he is, decided to put up the remaining money he was still awaiting from Larry. Would have enjoyed checking out the Diablo, but oh well....
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #567 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I'm happy to say I just received a full refund from Duncan. Larry was short about $37.00 but Duncan being the stand up guy he is, decided to put up the remaining money he was still awaiting from Larry. Would have enjoyed checking out the Diablo, but oh well....
smily_headphones1.gif

It's odd Larry's shorted you and Skylab on refunds. Is he charging interest on your floating him money or is it just a mishandling fee? The Diablo thread keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #568 of 805
Quote:

The post is very credible as it is my experience. Other's have had different experiences with Larry. I don't understand or represent his methodology, but I have two Diablos in hand. The second was shipped Express Mail the same day I notified him that I had a dead product. That is about as credible as it gets.

I am not disagreeing with your observations, but your opinion doesn't make my experience less credible.

So Larry told you when you ordered that you would receive your Diablo in 1.5 years or 2 years after you paid him...or whatever it actually was? Did Larry inform you of delays and give you reasons to believe your payment was not lost? If so....I think you would be the only person to get such treatment....are you his neighbor or relative of some sort? Just because Larry replaced a defective (clearly poorly QA'ed) Diablo does NOT give Larry "high business integrity" as you stated. Your naivety just throws more red flags about your posts.

Everyone else was given promises over and over again that were left unfulfilled with deliveries promised and missed and very few answers when asked. Just the lack of communication alone calls into question Larry's core principles as a business person who received thousands of dollars from a group of enthusiasts who deserve better.

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #569 of 805
OK...a bit of an update. Now bear in mind, that my set up is not burned but for a couple of hours (iMod and Portable Vcap) and I am listening through a pair of SR60s until I get my LiveWires and US Hfi 700s.

I charged up the Diablo and hooked everything up. The blue lights came on...and music started flowing. My set up sounded a bit bright, but it seems to have settled in even after a few hours of listening. But I was amazed at how great this set up sounded...and my point of referrence is a Hornet M. The sound just seemed more clear and balanced to my unqualified ears
smily_headphones1.gif
Stellar bass too...which is what I like quite a bit.

So I decided to remove the Vcap from the equation and run the iMod directly through the Diablo. As I turned up the volume trying to get to a loud listening level, things got all squirley and the music distored before I could get things turned up to a loud enough listening level. The most I could get to was a less than average level. Not sure what is going on here.

Once I bring the Vcap back into the fold....BAM...things are all good again and I could crank up the music as loud as my ears could handle.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

So I have left things burning with pink noise all night...and will keep that going for at least 100 hours with only some spot listening here and there before I really try to analyze the SC.

RIDE

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #570 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Your in a good place now, better then you would if you did get a something not knowing how long it will be working...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back