Diablo's are Surfacing!
Oct 17, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #31 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so after more than a year wait, I got fed up, asked for a refund, finally got one, which was $30 short of what I actually paid, and less than 2 weeks later they actually ship.

I got jacked. I'm happy for all of you who get one, but for me, the Diablo really IS the devil.

Ouch. I thought you were still going to try and get one.

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #32 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so after more than a year wait, I got fed up, asked for a refund, finally got one, which was $30 short of what I actually paid, and less than 2 weeks later they actually ship.

I got jacked. I'm happy for all of you who get one, but for me, the Diablo really IS the devil.

Come on sky you don't honestly believe these are shipping
smily_headphones1.gif

One guy getting a diablo 2 years later does not quaify as product shipping!

Shame prettiest amp I have ever seen in portable land!

But these should come with an apology letter, flowers for your wife and youtube public announcement promsing to never take money for an uncomplete product ever again before I would buy one!

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #33 of 805
Those waiting times suck, but I'm sure it will be a remarkable product. The MKIII has just recently been de-throned as the best portable, but it held the title for a long time. I have no doubt the Diablo will really stirr things up. I'm really curious to see a Headroom Micro Max vs. Diablo shooutout. Get it on!

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #34 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch. I thought you were still going to try and get one.

If Duncan has one for me, I may in fact still buy one. Depends on what you say about yours
wink.gif

And yeah, Todd, no doubt - just the fact that these are finally about to ship doesn't change the fact that Larocco Audio (the company) really hasn't been fun to do business with AT ALL.

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #36 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on sky you don't honestly believe these are shipping
smily_headphones1.gif

One guy getting a diablo 2 years later does not quaify as product shipping!

Shame prettiest amp I have ever seen in portable land!

But these should come with an apology letter, flowers for your wife and youtube public announcement promsing to never take money for an uncomplete product ever again before I would buy one!

Ha! I have similar thinking but I wouldn't want anything that sexy give flowers to my wife.

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #37 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ain't no gentleman, but you're welcome.
tongue.gif

I do want to add a couple things for those who don't know the history behind this amp. Hopefully, they will sound as good as they look, and hopefully those who have waited as long as I, and those who have waited much longer, will all get them soon. The deal right now is that only one person has received anything, and there have been no impressions posted. It's still vaporware until proven otherwise.

Also, even if it ends up being the best little amp around, I won't be recommending anyone else get one until Larry has proved himself by delivering all the outstanding orders of Diablos, and all outstanding orders of PRIIs, PSUs, any and all long-ago-requested refunds, and anything else people have paid for but haven't yet received or requested. He has a lot of ground to make up before I'd tell anyone to do business with him. No potential buyer should go in blind, and even if he makes good on everything, I'd still recommend caution.

Mon ami, please accept my apologies on the gentleman thang
frown.gif
I also appreciate your heads up about Larry and his business skills or lack there of!)

It's really a shame as the LaRocca products look top notch and by reviews also sound very good. Good marketing and financial backing can turn that all around though:wink: I believe I mentioned in another thread recently that respect is earned and not rewarded.

I too think the Diablo is gorgeous and might just change the whole design concept and look but if you can't semi mass produce at least for this community your dead in the water:frowning2:

Like many things only time is going to tell.

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #39 of 805
This gives hope as I do see more than the first 2 that keep getting mentioned:-0

Attempting my first photo post here:frowning2:

Oct 17, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #40 of 805
There is a lot to be said about attempting:-0

Looks like it's back to picture posting 101:frowning2:

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #41 of 805
I have officially written this company off as a complete and utter joke. I cant believe the second chances awarded to this company on a regular basis.

Cheers to whoever actually sees a physical amp; lord knows you've earned it.

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #42 of 805
"The Diablo"

I got an e-mail from Duncan of (ipodstudio) about the new LaRocco Diablo if I wanted to be put on the order list. What should I do, will they be actually available or is it a dead end street?

Your thoughts!!!!!!!

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #43 of 805
If you really have to have a Diablo, I would recommend waiting and getting it used here on Headfi. Much safer, imo. You would be purchasing an actual amp that has already been shipped.
I doubt this sounds significantly better than newer designs offered by competitors such as Ray Sammuels, Headamp, etc.

Keep in mind, that even though this is new in the sense that it is (supposedly) just hitting the market, the design was conceived several years ago. Virtually every competitor has at least one product that was conceived after the Diablo. I know "new" does not automatically make it better, but it is something to consider nonetheless.

I would bet that reviews in the coming months will favor the Headamp Pico over the Diablo.

Personally, I think the Diablo places too much emphasis on case design. It looks fantastic, but the metal doesn't have to be that thick. The recessed volume knob is awesome, but how much does a standard volume knob really cramp your style?

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #44 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I think the Diablo places too much emphasis on case design. It looks fantastic, but the metal doesn't have to be that thick. The recessed volume knob is awesome, but how much does a standard volume knob really cramp your style?

Given the price point...people who are buying this are looking for a price no object, all out, badass portable amp. I don't think people who waited 2 years and had $500+ held up are looking for compromise. The only thing missing is to see how it sounds. As far as amps go, this thing looks dead sexy.

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #45 of 805
SR-71Panorama,
Have you ever owned any LaRocco products. Phil's designs are superb, and even if he designed it 2 years ago I'll bet it's still give the current crop a run for their money and then some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back