Diablo's are Surfacing!
Oct 16, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #17 of 805
Thank you gentlemen, I can't wait to hear the reviews of this amp and it's superior audio circuitry plus the bass enhancement controller:)

Besides it will take a couple months to put that kind of scratch together!

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #18 of 805
I ain't no gentleman, but you're welcome.
tongue.gif

I do want to add a couple things for those who don't know the history behind this amp. Hopefully, they will sound as good as they look, and hopefully those who have waited as long as I, and those who have waited much longer, will all get them soon. The deal right now is that only one person has received anything, and there have been no impressions posted. It's still vaporware until proven otherwise.

Also, even if it ends up being the best little amp around, I won't be recommending anyone else get one until Larry has proved himself by delivering all the outstanding orders of Diablos, and all outstanding orders of PRIIs, PSUs, any and all long-ago-requested refunds, and anything else people have paid for but haven't yet received or requested. He has a lot of ground to make up before I'd tell anyone to do business with him. No potential buyer should go in blind, and even if he makes good on everything, I'd still recommend caution.

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #19 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I take it you're selling your's?

Sorry for ambiguity, no I dont have one; I never ordered one, thankfully. I meant that people who want one should look in the FS forum over the next few months, and get an amp without the 2 year waiting period. (or however long its been, our western civilization doesn't have a historical record that far back
biggrin.gif
)

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #20 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ain't no gentleman, but you're welcome.
tongue.gif

I do want to add a couple things for those who don't know the history behind this amp. Hopefully, they will sound as good as they look, and hopefully those who have waited as long as I, and those who have waited much longer, will all get them soon. The deal right now is that only one person has received anything, and there have been no impressions posted. It's still vaporware until proven otherwise.

Also, even if it ends up being the best little amp around, I won't be recommending anyone else get one until Larry has proved himself by delivering all the outstanding orders of Diablos, and all outstanding orders of PRIIs, PSUs, any and all long-ago-requested refunds, and anything else people have paid for but haven't yet received or requested. He has a lot of ground to make up before I'd tell anyone to do business with him. No potential buyer should go in blind, and even if he makes good on everything, I'd still recommend caution.

Vicki, I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Beautiful amp, and I also hope you get yours by Friday so you can burn it in for a week before the Meet on 10/27.

If not I will bring a Graham Slee Voyager for you and others to audition.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vicki, I hope it sounds as good as it looks. Beautiful amp, and I also hope you get yours by Friday so you can burn it in for a week before the Meet on 10/27.

If not I will bring a Graham Slee Voyager for you and others to audition.
evil_smiley.gif

I have a strange history of getting amps the day before a meet. Remember the Darkvoice? The Canamp I opened at the meet at John's? The Extreme Platinum after tweaks and a secondary power supply? If I get the Diablo, you can be sure it will be there.

Bring the Voyager! Also, bring some Xins. I've never heard one. We can have a portable party in one of the rooms. Aaron can bring his new green and gold Tomahawk. Thrice will have a few mini^3s. I think Mike should have a Headsix. Justin will have his Pico there, and I wonder what Ray will have up his sleeve......
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #23 of 805
Quote:

I have a strange history of getting amps the day before a meet. Remember the Darkvoice? The Canamp I opened at the meet at John's? The Extreme Platinum after tweaks and a secondary power supply? If I get the Diablo, you can be sure it will be there.

Bring the Voyager! Also, bring some Xins. I've never heard one. We can have a portable party in one of the rooms. Aaron can bring his new green and gold Tomahawk. Thrice will have a few mini^3s. I think Mike should have a Headsix. Justin will have his Pico there, and I wonder what Ray will have up his sleeve......
rolleyes.gif

I listened to a Rockhopper Mini^3 and it sounded great. IMO it and the MiniBox-E are fantastic and at $125 and $150 respectively very nicely priced.

As far as an amp by Dr. Xin I may not be able to do so. My Reference is an early Beta Unit from late May.
redface.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #25 of 805
And I thought Dr. Xin was really slow, compared to this I would have mistaken him for the Flash if he is wearing a red costume.

I hope you ppl who have waited so long really enjoy the amp.

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #26 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Diablo...ah yesss! (What Antonio Banderas would say).

Is Antonio Banderas coming to the meet as well? He used to be quite handsome in his younger days. Now, he just looks like the rest of us. Middle age: the great leveller.

EDIT: Nick, sorry to take your thread waaay off topic. I have a tendency to do that. I'll stop. For a minute. Miguel started it.
plainface.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #27 of 805
Quote:

Is Antonio Banderas coming to the meet as well? He used to be quite handsome in his younger days. Now, he just looks like the rest of us. Middle age: the great leveller.

EDIT: Nick, sorry to take your thread waaay off topic. I have a tendency to do that. I'll stop. For a minute. Miguel started it.
plainface.gif

Ok, I will take the credit!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #29 of 805
OK, so after more than a year wait, I got fed up, asked for a refund, finally got one, which was $30 short of what I actually paid, and less than 2 weeks later they actually ship.

I got jacked. I'm happy for all of you who get one, but for me, the Diablo really IS the devil.

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #30 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonkon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I thought Dr. Xin was really slow, compared to this I would have mistaken him for the Flash if he is wearing a red costume.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back