DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Dec 2, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #1,038 of 1,058
I revisted my DGS100 today. 

These things are great for commuting. 

I will say I did come across some tracks where the mid bass did seem way overdone and drown out other frequencies. It's kind of hit or miss with these depending on what you're listening to.

They are still one of my favorites though.

Really looking forward to the DGS200, expected to be up for sale at the end of December.

Dec 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #1,041 of 1,058
Listening to my DGS100 today out of my iPhone 5S with CanOpener app. Using this "Pencil EQ" setting really takes the mid-bass and opens up the upper end without getting overly bright. Sounds quite good with some electronic music I got recently - Vaetxh / Rob Clouth (same guy - different styles) and Richard Devine.

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #1,043 of 1,058
Listening to my DGS100 today out of my iPhone 5S with CanOpener app. Using this "Pencil EQ" setting really takes the mid-bass and opens up the upper end without getting overly bright. Sounds quite good with some electronic music I got recently - Vaetxh / Rob Clouth (same guy - different styles) and Richard Devine.

Is very roughly Eq I do

As you compare it to the Yamaha EPH-100 and Dunu DN-1000?

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,044 of 1,058
Haven't broken out the DN1K in quite awhile due to fit/weight. From memory - not as full/warm and more emphasis on sub-bass than DN1K with this EQ applied.

Compared to EPH100 - again, more sub-bass and better high end.

I'm taking a New Year's resolution to cull the herd and sell off my lesser used gear. DN1K and EPH100 are on that list.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #1,045 of 1,058
Haven't broken out the DN1K in quite awhile due to fit/weight. From memory - not as full/warm and more emphasis on sub-bass than DN1K with this EQ applied.

Compared to EPH100 - again, more sub-bass and better high end.

I'm taking a New Year's resolution to cull the herd and sell off my lesser used gear. DN1K and EPH100 are on that list.

With the dunu having large reinforced tip and ring silver I have a superficial sealing  but excellent. Sit comfortably cable down and not feel the weight.
The Yamaha imo have better mid and more sub-bass of DGS less detail but more coherence (even with DGS eq).
I prefer the DGS (eq) with old recordings not emphasized and some rock metal music
In any case with DGS I struggle a lot with some laptops (eg Sony NWZ 1060); there is no way to have a good tuning.

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #1,046 of 1,058
Merry Christmas 'Hisoundfi' and all DGS followers including me!
happy_face1.gif

DGS200.....to be continued.

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #1,048 of 1,058
No one has news about the arrival of dgs200 ???
Before Christmas staff Penon audio had told me that the new model would arrive by the end of December, but now we are in February, and there is no news .......

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #1,049 of 1,058
No one has news about the arrival of dgs200 ???

Before Christmas staff Penon audio had told me that the new model would arrive by the end of December, but now we are in February, and there is no news .......
I heard the same thing.

When I asked them again at the end of December, they said it will be some time in March now.

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,050 of 1,058
I have been going through this thread today and is really tempted to get one .Confused between Fidue A71 and SIDY DSG-100. Which one would you recommend for someone who enjoys T-Peos H300 (bass, clarity) a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back