DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Nov 26, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #1,022 of 1,058
OK I'm finally able to like this IEM a bit using wide bore tips. I've also removed the mesh grill and replaced it with the thin stick on tip thing that came with the RE400s. I've restricted its use to trance music and I;m kind of happy. The mid-bass bloat is still and sometimes too much there but tamed enough for some enjoyment.  

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #1,023 of 1,058
OK I'm finally able to like this IEM a bit using wide bore tips. I've also removed the mesh grill and replaced it with the thin stick on tip thing that came with the RE400s. I've restricted its use to trance music and I;m kind of happy. The mid-bass bloat is still and sometimes too much there but tamed enough for some enjoyment.  
Glad to hear. I will even admit, the mid bass is overwhelming at first listen, but after your ears adjust to them you start to appreciate the details and transparency that goes with the weighted lower midrange. Not to mention, they really do upscale well with the right DAC. I love these with my fiio e18

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,024 of 1,058
Glad to hear. I will even admit, the mid bass is overwhelming at first listen, but after your ears adjust to them you start to appreciate the details and transparency that goes with the weighted lower midrange. Not to mention, they really do upscale well with the right DAC. I love these with my fiio e18

Yeah removing the grill mesh helps tame that mid bass. I'm able to now appreciate the detail much more. I might not sell these now 

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,026 of 1,058
:blink:

I might have to try that - assuming you're not joking. I've heard removing mesh increases treble response but never decreases mid bass...

Careful doing it I lost one in the process

I think it's the improved treble response that allows me to have the volume at the right level to tone down that midbass and still get enough clarity up top. Maybe it's just psychoacoustics

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #1,027 of 1,058
Careful doing it I lost one in the process

I think it's the improved treble response that allows me to have the volume at the right level to tone down that midbass and still get enough clarity up top. Maybe it's just psychoacoustics

The other grill is here with me. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #1,030 of 1,058
Nov 27, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #1,031 of 1,058

That really is spurxiii other grill. (true story)

When they arrived to me (loan) it simply fell off straight away so I left it in the case.

Yeah the DGS100 is not the best build quality

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #1,035 of 1,058
  Yeah, but was that one side the best DGS100 earpiece you've ever heard???

They reminded me of laying in a car boot with a low pass filter set at 150Hz pushing out exessive mid-bass, while gangsters in the rear seat blew thick cigar smoke at me..

Not the worst experience, not the best one I've had. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back