DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Sep 12, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #227 of 1,058
encoreAC

I wasn't trying to start drama. It just seems like when I try to back up a product on head fi, I end up going on trial for it.

I get frustrated feeling like I need to defend either my credibility on here, or defend a product that I had nothing to do with aside from the fact that I bought it, like it, and speak highly of it.

I apologize if I came off as rude or confrontational.

I think you'll really like them, that is if you like warm signatures and micro details.

Cheers

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #229 of 1,058

"Hype" isn't something bad. People are obviously hyping them up, so I call it hype. Hype can be for good and bad reasons. It's not an negative term, but an expression for an high spreading of popularity.

I agree hype can be a good and bad thing.  Though when it comes to Head-fi it seems to be a good thing for your ears, and a bad thing for your wallet all at once.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #230 of 1,058
@encoreAC

I wasn't trying to start drama. It just seems like when I try to back up a product on head fi, I end up going on trial for it.

I get frustrated feeling like I need to defend either my credibility on here, or defend a product that I had nothing to do with aside from the fact that I bought it, like it, and speak highly of it.

I apologize if I came off as rude or confrontational.

I think you'll really like them, that is if you like warm signatures and micro details.

Cheers

it's exactly what I am searched for, thanks a lot for sharing ;D

I don't think that anyone will doubt your authenticity since preference varies so much between individuals and subject to each specific taste that you can't help about different opinions on each ear phone. I just try to be skeptical about this, because of that.

We are all the same, people, who are desiring for an good sound experience. No need for apologies, especially when you are the one, who shares his discovery for more people to enjoy.

Now I hope they aren't that good and outshining my FAD Heaven VI. This would make me cry lol

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #231 of 1,058
it's exactly what I am searched for, thanks a lot for sharing ;D

I don't think that anyone will doubt your authenticity since preference varies so much between individuals and subject to each specific taste that you can't help about different opinions on each ear phone. I just try to be skeptical about this, because of that.

We are all the same, people, who are desiring for an good sound experience. No need for apologies, especially when you are the one, who shares his discovery for more people to enjoy.

Now I hope they aren't that good and outshining my FAD Heaven VI. This would make me cry lol
Cheers mate.

I'm interested on your comparison of the two. Please post impressions when you get them in.

PS don't forget to give these dgs100 a good 20 hours of burn in before drawing any conclusion on them. They sound like schiit outa the box.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #233 of 1,058
Cheers mate.

I'm interested on your comparison of the two. Please post impressions when you get them in.

PS don't forget to give these dgs100 a good 20 hours of burn in before drawing any conclusion on them. They sound like schiit outa the box.

Sure, note that my taste in phones is kinda weird for example while I really enjoyed my Sony MH1, i didn't have the same feeling with the KC06A/Tenore/Pistons although they are also very well regarded.

But a comparisons should not be a problem since I have something concrete like bass/mids and highs to compare too.

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #235 of 1,058
Personally, I hate the word "hype" as well.  Feels kind of negative and in accusatory form.  But I think it's safe to use "flavor of the week"
wink.gif
  Not because you will get sick'n'tired of it after a week of use, but rather because every week there is something new and "delicious" (flavor!!!) being released and you want to taste more
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #237 of 1,058
  Personally, I hate the word "hype" as well.  Feels kind of negative and in accusatory form.  But I think it's safe to use "flavor of the week"
wink.gif
  Not because you will get sick'n'tired of it after a week of use, but rather because every week there is something new and "delicious" (flavor!!!) being released and you want to taste more
smily_headphones1.gif

While I still brush it off as hype *any thread btw, not this specifically, even my own hype had myself disgusted,* I agree with what twister says.

The only thing that people have to realize is the signature that three people shared. One says that it has a bit too much midbass but good clarity. It needs more treble presence.

Another says it is perfect and the sounds are realistic.

Another states the thing about the nice signature it produces, even if imbalanced.

It's pretty obvious who this iem caters to, and if it isn't for you do not be callous with your comments about the product if you acknowledged its shortcomings and purchasing it regardless.

Now enjoy these iems. 
etysmile.gif
 I am pretty sure the heaven VI won't lose to this iem, especially since they will be different sigs. The dgs100 might sound fun, but the FAD series have proven to take fun to a whole other level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back