DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Sep 13, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #247 of 1,058
So Tenores got more bass or not? Someone  ere got also VSonic VSDS - is it bassier tan VSonics? I would like to give it a try but afraid of too muc bass.

A-B-Cing them now.

DGS100 vs tenore

I know some people in the past have mentioned having "bassy" pairs and "reference" pairs of tenore after reading many pages of their thread.

I assume I have a reference pair because mine are relatively flat.

To me the tenore is definitely dull in comparison. DGS100 has similar sub bass quantity, and much more mid bass presence. Imaging is better on the DGS100 because with the mid bass (which is very well done for the quantity it has) puts weight on sounds and gives them better texture. Details are better on the DGS100. DGS100 treble seems to extends more. I just feel like the DGS100 is a more lively and entertaining pair of phones.

DGS100 vs vsd3s

This is a closer grouping because I feel these two are the next generation and makes the tenore seem dated IMHO.

Vsd3s has a more sub bass focus, with the DGS100 focusing more on mid bass presence. Vsd3s had beautiful mids I'll give them that. DGS100 takes a more polite approach with their midrange. Treble responses are similar. I hear more details and better imaging with the DGS100.

Hope this helps

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #248 of 1,058
Just created a Penon Audio account.  It's going to be very difficult to NOT order the DGS100s.  Must resist, must resist...

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #250 of 1,058
  Just created a Penon Audio account.  It's going to be very difficult to NOT order the DGS100s.  Must resist, must resist...

And while you at it, add Penon IEM which is another SIDY gem for $10. You will find a lot of scaled down similarities :wink: 

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #251 of 1,058
I was washing dishes and jamming my dgs100. I was bobbing my head to some music until I realized it was Justin Bieber. Now I feel violated and had to go curl in a ball and cry, then go take a shower. I can't believe my ears just got raped like that.

What.... Justin Bieber is the Mozart of this generation... Muahahahahahaha

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #252 of 1,058
A-B-Cing them now.

DGS100 vs tenore

I know some people in the past have mentioned having "bassy" pairs and "reference" pairs of tenore after reading many pages of their thread.

I assume I have a reference pair because mine are relatively flat.

To me the tenore is definitely dull in comparison. DGS100 has similar sub bass quantity, and much more mid bass presence. Imaging is better on the DGS100 because with the mid bass (which is very well done for the quantity it has) puts weight on sounds and gives them better texture. Details are better on the DGS100. DGS100 treble seems to extends more. I just feel like the DGS100 is a more lively and entertaining pair of phones.

DGS100 vs vsd3s

This is a closer grouping because I feel these two are the next generation and makes the tenore seem dated IMHO.

Vsd3s has a more sub bass focus, with the DGS100 focusing more on mid bass presence. Vsd3s had beautiful mids I'll give them that. DGS100 takes a more polite approach with their midrange. Treble responses are similar. I hear more details and better imaging with the DGS100.

Hope this helps

I hope you would consider putting this into your first page. I am sure this thread is gonna grow up to 500+ pages and someone might come along asking same question.

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #253 of 1,058
I was washing dishes and jamming my dgs100. I was bobbing my head to some music until I realized it was Justin Bieber. Now I feel violated and had to go curl in a ball and cry, then go take a shower. I can't believe my ears just got raped like that.

Poor thing.....you need therapy 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back