DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Sep 13, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #273 of 1,058
Yes twister, please also compare it to tenores overall as I assume you also reviewed it.
Thanks hisoundfi for yoyr comparision also.

You mean DGS100 and Tenores?  Those are two completely different IEMs.  Tenores are bright and revealing with a detailed bass a little bit above the neutral level (though, they had some serious QC issue with a lot of people reported getting their Tenores with 6dB boost).  DGS100 are warm and smooth with clarity inferior to Tenores, but amazing bass quality and quantity (though mid-bass is still too much for my personal taste and spills a bit into lower mids).  Tenores soundstage is super wide but it also sounds reverbarated so it's a bit artificial.  Built quality of DGS100 steps all over Tenores (those had flimsy strain relief at the earpiece connection).

Sep 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #277 of 1,058
Based on your description of these I sometimes wonder if you are getting the same amount of micro details as my pair.

Are you getting much as far as micro details?

Micro-details?  Not mine.  Mids are too smooth with not enough brightness to bring out micro-details.  Maybe I should continue to burn them in, mid-bass could be messing thing up by spilling over into lower and upper mids.  I hear very good details, but not enough brightness to bring up micro-details.

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #278 of 1,058
Micro-details?  Not mine.  Mids are too smooth with not enough brightness to bring out micro-details.  Maybe I should continue to burn them in, mid-bass could be messing thing up by spilling over into lower and upper mids.  I hear very good details, but not enough brightness to bring up micro-details.
Absolutely. I have approximately 75 hours on mine I'd say they are starting to border on almost being a little to peaky on the top end for my liking. Might be the fact that I'm using silicone tips too. The meelectronics double flanges work the best for me.

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #281 of 1,058
OK, back on the burner! I'm loosing a track of what and how many hours I burned in already :frowning2:  I probably don't have more than 30hrs on these, too many headphones, not enough time to even enjoy a pair lol!!!  Honestly, never experienced such a drastic changes with a burn in.  But I've noticed you guys all have over 50hrs and more while talking about clarity and details.  I'm afraid it's all there already with my pair as well; I'm just more sensitive to mid-bass which still needs more time to settle in.  That really messing with my mind to offset the balance of the sound.  Will come back with my follow up impression once I hit 50hrs burn in mark.

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #283 of 1,058
Try the type of comply (or sponge tips) that came with the package. It really evens and balances the whole spectrum. I do hear micro-details with mine and the mid-bass and sub-bass is really balanced. No worries of the mid-bass here! I should be around (give or take) 75 hours by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back