Devialet IEM - will they sound good and be reliable?
Jan 30, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #91 of 146
Somehow I don’t see these living up to their speakers. I find it’s difficult for audio brands to make the jump into other categories, especially when they’re so well-regarded for an exceptional product like the Phantom.

Feb 3, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #92 of 146
it looks like there's a delay for the firmware. Some good news is there is a workaround for battery drain, at least on Android. If you delete/forget "Gemini R" it shuts down clean. You do lose auto-reconnect but I think that's a good trade for now.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #93 of 146
it looks like there's a delay for the firmware. Some good news is there is a workaround for battery drain, at least on Android. If you delete/forget "Gemini R" it shuts down clean. You do lose auto-reconnect but I think that's a good trade for now.
I have not experienced any battery drain since I installed the large OEM tips from my Jabra 75t. They are just small enough that they never come in contact with the walls of the charging chamber. I drop them in with a solid snap after removal and the voltage has remained 99% 98% 99% since recharging about a week ago. Hopefully this will continue!

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #94 of 146
I'm glad I found this thread. I've been having nothing but battery issues with my Gemini. Each time I want to take them out for a walk to listen to, guaranteed one of the buds are dead. Even if they've been charging in the case, with the USB C cable charging it!

I've been reaching out to the CS frequently and have tried all the supposed methods, but I honestly think this is a firmware issue. I hope they'll release a stable firmware in an update soon. I really love the sound, but it's just so unusable at this point that I hesitate to take them out at the risk of just carrying around a drained IEM.

Feb 14, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #95 of 146
is there any news when they will release them again and how would one know if he buys the fixed one or an old model from a dealer or online store

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #96 of 146
is there any news when they will release them again and how would one know if he buys the fixed one or an old model from a dealer or online store

I spoke to my dealer yesterday, apparently Devialet have now pulled back all Geminis from retailers, at least in my country. That could be a good or a bad sign. It could mean that they are very cautious about their brand image and not wanting faulty products in the hands of consumers. It can aalso mean they are not fixable with a firmware and we are many months away from a new release. Either way, I’m sure Devialet will be very careful with releasing these again so we are probably looking at several months (at the minimum) away from re-release. At least that’s my take :)

If your dealer hasn’t pulled them, then you should ask. If they have been pulled I’m pretty sure they won’t just restock with faulty ones

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #97 of 146
I spoke to my dealer yesterday, apparently Devialet have now pulled back all Geminis from retailers, at least in my country. That could be a good or a bad sign. It could mean that they are very cautious about their brand image and not wanting faulty products in the hands of consumers. It can aalso mean they are not fixable with a firmware and we are many months away from a new release. Either way, I’m sure Devialet will be very careful with releasing these again so we are probably looking at several months (at the minimum) away from re-release. At least that’s my take :)

If your dealer hasn’t pulled them, then you should ask. If they have been pulled I’m pretty sure they won’t just restock with faulty ones
I don't think it will be that long. A post on another forum claimed a rumor of a beta. And then there is this https://www.01net.com/actualites/de...s-ecouteurs-true-wireless-gemini-2035004.html

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #98 of 146
Feb 23, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #99 of 146
New here but not new to TW as my name suggests I was an MTW1 victim. My question: is there any audiophile-grade sounding TW that don't use the horrid slave/master system and don't have a battery drain issue? I think the Grados use the same horrid left bud dead system but no battery drain?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #100 of 146
New here but not new to TW as my name suggests I was an MTW1 victim. My question: is there any audiophile-grade sounding TW that don't use the horrid slave/master system and don't have a battery drain issue? I think the Grados use the same horrid left bud dead system but no battery drain?
I dont know if they would be classified as audiophile-grade but after trying the Sennheisers, Sonys and B&O, I settled on KEF Mu3 as replacement for Geminis. I think the Geminis have a slight edge over KEF but it’s hard to say, it’s been a while since I returned the Geminis. KEF is pretty much plug and play. I haven’t experienced any dropouts or other bluetooth-related issues.
Although very resolving and detailed they have a relaxed tuning. Might not suit everyone.

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #101 of 146
I dont know if they would be classified as audiophile-grade but after trying the Sennheisers, Sonys and B&O, I settled on KEF Mu3 as replacement for Geminis. I think the Geminis have a slight edge over KEF but it’s hard to say, it’s been a while since I returned the Geminis. KEF is pretty much plug and play. I haven’t experienced any dropouts or other bluetooth-related issues.
Although very resolving and detailed they have a relaxed tuning. Might not suit everyone.
In another thread someone said their ambient mode is not very good. What is your experience like?
For me the Geminis have very good ambient mode as well as very good anc.

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #102 of 146
In another thread someone said their ambient mode is not very good. What is your experience like?
For me the Geminis have very good ambient mode as well as very good anc.
It might have been me :D
The ambience is actually really bad. I can stand next to my girl and still not pick up everything she says. It’s annoying to say the least. It also doesn’t stop the music. I have to press pause on the right bud and then change mode to ambient on the left.
Im not really getting mic complaints but out of the mentioned tws apparently the KEF mic is the worst.

But soundwise they are very nice. I’m not a firm believer in “house sound” but I can definitely see where these are coming from when I switch between them and KEF LSX speakers. They especially shine with vocals. But I don’t find the bass is lacking. The treble is extended but not harsh (I’m usually very sensitive to harsh treble). Someone else described them as both exciting but a bit relaxed. I agree with that.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #103 of 146
It might have been me :D
The ambience is actually really bad. I can stand next to my girl and still not pick up everything she says. It’s annoying to say the least. It also doesn’t stop the music. I have to press pause on the right bud and then change mode to ambient on the left.
Im not really getting mic complaints but out of the mentioned tws apparently the KEF mic is the worst.

But soundwise they are very nice. I’m not a firm believer in “house sound” but I can definitely see where these are coming from when I switch between them and KEF LSX speakers. They especially shine with vocals. But I don’t find the bass is lacking. The treble is extended but not harsh (I’m usually very sensitive to harsh treble). Someone else described them as both exciting but a bit relaxed. I agree with that.
Thanks for the reply. It would like they are not for me...
I use ambient a lot of the time, especially with audio books.

Feb 27, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #104 of 146
Well, i had several fit issues with the Gemini and i could not even take them for a walk as they were always falling.

Saw mentioned here the Spinfit CP360 and took a chance, and indeed it completely changed my experience with the gemini. Excellent fit now and finally had the chance to have a good listen, and what a surprise, excellent.

Mar 7, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #105 of 146
Well, i had several fit issues with the Gemini and i could not even take them for a walk as they were always falling.

Saw mentioned here the Spinfit CP360 and took a chance, and indeed it completely changed my experience with the gemini. Excellent fit now and finally had the chance to have a good listen, and what a surprise, excellent.
I switched mine to Xelastecs and have found better wear with those also. The stock tips didn't seem to seal well enough, and just a brush on my ears from wearing a mask was enough to have them to drop out my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back