Devialet IEM - will they sound good and be reliable?
Dec 29, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #62 of 146
The iOS app was just updated to 1.0.2 but the release notes don’t say what is new.
The Android app was also updated and so far is working fine.

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #63 of 146
For anyone thinking of buying these, be very careful when updating. They seem to be sensitive to interference and my first pair crapped out when updating the chamber, leaving it in a useless "firmware update mode". There is no fix for this, and they'll have to be replaced. I was fortunate to buy them from Crutchfield, who sent an advance replacement immediately after I called them about it. Otherwise it would have to be from Devialet, and who knows how long that would take.

Devialet has this whole page here about how to deal with bad update. If I had read this before the first fail I might have been able to salvage the situation, but seeing how others have fared, it's hard to say. When I flashed the replacement I first did a network reset then flashed from our master bathroom, as it's the most RF-remote part of my place. It worked!

The phones now work well, with perhaps a minor glitch or two, and I've been putting them to heavy use. It was a pain, but I think they were worth it.

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #64 of 146
For anyone thinking of buying these, be very careful when updating. They seem to be sensitive to interference and my first pair crapped out when updating the chamber, leaving it in a useless "firmware update mode". There is no fix for this, and they'll have to be replaced. I was fortunate to buy them from Crutchfield, who sent an advance replacement immediately after I called them about it. Otherwise it would have to be from Devialet, and who knows how long that would take.

Devialet has this whole page here about how to deal with bad update. If I had read this before the first fail I might have been able to salvage the situation, but seeing how others have fared, it's hard to say. When I flashed the replacement I first did a network reset then flashed from our master bathroom, as it's the most RF-remote part of my place. It worked!

The phones now work well, with perhaps a minor glitch or two, and I've been putting them to heavy use. It was a pain, but I think they were worth it.
The sound quality makes them worth it. Is there an accepted method to pair between multiple devices? I'm afraid to try to connect them to something else. Really don't understand how they couldn't overcome connection issues in a 2020 product.

Dec 30, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #65 of 146
The sound quality makes them worth it. Is there an accepted method to pair between multiple devices? I'm afraid to try to connect them to something else. Really don't understand how they couldn't overcome connection issues in a 2020 product.

I've paired to my Macbook and Chromebook without issue. I do have to disconnect whatever I'm using if I want to "live switch" rather than put away first. They definitely like to go slow on first connection after stowing, e.g. slide top, wait a sec, then use. Also the Gemini L/Gemini R thing is, yeah, just weird. Sometimes after stop/starting on the phone, it says "Gemini R", other times Gemini, but whatever the heck is connected it's done the job for the two days I've used them. Will see in a week or so.

Jan 4, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #66 of 146
In the market for new TWS buds and judging from the initial impressions in this thread I must say I'm thoroughly intrigued.

I own the AirPods Pro and the Sony WF-1000MX3 and enjoy both. Each has its pros and cons but after installing SednaEarfit XELASTECs on both I've come to appreciate them even more.

Having done a bit of research on current available options in the TWS market I've narrowed it down to these:
  • AKG N400
  • Grado GT200
  • Noble Falcon
  • Devialet Gemini
  • Master & Dynamics MW07 Plus x Leica Edition
If any current owners have compared the usability/SQ of the Geminis with any of these (with the exception of the Falcons as it's been touched on a bit in this thread), especially the MW07 Plus, Grados or the AKGs, would you mind sharing your observations?

In any case, looking forward to reading more impressions as more people get their hands on the Geminis :)

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #67 of 146
Kind of the opposite for me. I just got my money back on my Jabra Elite Active 75t after a year of problems. I was hoping Devialet would come up with something spectacular, but instead it might look like more of the same issues I have had with my Jabra´s.

Will still follow closely. See if they can get over the issues discussed in this thread.

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #69 of 146
My right earbud keeps draining. I am in an iPhone is that matters. It’s always dead but the left one is fully charged. Any fixes?

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #72 of 146
Thanks. I tried it once but I’ll try again.
In the cases where one of mine showed empty, it was always where one bud didn't turn off when placed in the case. One I found a tip that didn't touch the cavity, I haven't had any further issues. Make sure they are fully seated with a good snap. The 4 contacts seem to require diligence to make sure all 4 are in good contact with the charging case pins. Hope this helps!

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #73 of 146
I can't even get my iPhone to recognize the buds. Been using bluetooth for 15 years. I've been fussing with them for half and hour and they won't even show up in my iPhone. Completely disappointed in this product. Great sound, garbage software. They are going back. This just can't happen in 2021.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #74 of 146
Too many issues here. Can we get a thread title edit. Take at least one exclamation point off! :yum:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #75 of 146
To many issues here. Can we get a thread title edit. Take at least one exclamation point off! :yum:
I seriously cannot fathom how these were released into the wild. Clearly rushed to market. There is a 50% chance when i pick them up after a day or two, the right bud is dead. Even if it isn't, I have to watch them like a hawk to make sure they disconnect. I can buy chi-fi buds on amazon for under $50 that use modern chipset and connect seamlessly. I bought them expecting some gremlins but this is beyond unreasonable. It's a shame because these have class leading sound and i've tried just about every high end TWS out there. I don't think these bluetooth issues can be resolved with firmware because it seems to be directly related to the master/slave hardware they decided to use. Too bad - we as consumers should not be beta testing these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back