Devialet IEM - will they sound good and be reliable?
Dec 19, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #31 of 146
Dec 19, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #32 of 146
wow better than andromeda that is a big statement for a tws
To me, they do not sound like a TWS. Hopefully, other owners will chime in with their impressions and comparisons.

Dec 22, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #33 of 146
Did you successfully update the firmware? I get to a point where it's 99%, then a fail (transmission problem). I read that each bud updates separately, but I see no indication of that. I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as many other early adopters: tantalized by the sound but getting killed by the software.

Dec 22, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #34 of 146
Did you successfully update the firmware? I get to a point where it's 99%, then a fail (transmission problem). I read that each bud updates separately, but I see no indication of that. I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as many other early adopters: tantalized by the sound but getting killed by the software.
My first try failed but updated fine on second try. IIRC, I then removed and replaced them in the charging case, left the lid open and retried. Updated just fine this time.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #35 of 146
Mine updated as well. No issues. Keep trying. Man these things sound swweeetttt. I've owned just about every high end tws since the Bragi Dash. These are the best sounding of them all. The MTW2 is close but I prefer the tuning of the Gemini.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #36 of 146
Does anyone have an issue where one of the buds stays connected to the phone even after it's back in its case? Had that happen a couple of times already... Otherwise love these to bits.

Dec 22, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #37 of 146
Does anyone have an issue where one of the buds stays connected to the phone even after it's back in its case? Had that happen a couple of times already... Otherwise love these to bits.
Yes although after the update mine stopped doing that so far.

Dec 22, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #40 of 146
It happened to me post-update.
Will keep an eye out. Definitely not a well implemented bluetooth setup. Took me about 20 minutes to get them connected and I've been using tws for a long time
Really no excuse for that in 2020 with the chipsets available. I'm giving them a pass for now because they nailed the audio but it needs to be addressed.

Dec 22, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #41 of 146
Hope they fix it too. I really like everything about these but the reliability of the BT connection. That and the lack of multipoint.
Hopefully they will fix this and not just wait to come out with a version 2.0 next year that has good BT.

Dec 23, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #42 of 146
This setup is brutal. I had to reset my phone's network settings as per this. Now at least my left updated! Right still fails but ay this point re-pairing (you can reset the device this way) will probably do the trick. Now I will refrain from making some off-color analogy about a temperamental, but irresistible, french mistress, but I'm definitely being pulled by my ears here!

edit: I spoke too soon! I now have updated buds, but the chamber has died. No LEDs and I can no longer pair. Listening to some awful hold music now.

No help from Devialet. It seems this is a common fail, will probably have to return <sigh>.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #43 of 146
This setup is brutal. I had to reset my phone's network settings as per this. Now at least my left updated! Right still fails but ay this point re-pairing (you can reset the device this way) will probably do the trick. Now I will refrain from making some off-color analogy about a temperamental, but irresistible, french mistress, but I'm definitely being pulled by my ears here!

edit: I spoke too soon! I now have updated buds, but the chamber has died. No LEDs and I can no longer pair. Listening to some awful hold music now.

No help from Devialet. It seems this is a common fail, will probably have to return <sigh>.
Mine once showed empty for no apparent reason but plugging in to my charger filled the battery and this has never happened again. BTW, the battery is user replaceable. The ID number of the battery is listed in the documentation.

Dec 23, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #44 of 146
Mine once showed empty for no apparent reason but plugging in to my charger filled the battery and this has never happened again. BTW, the battery is user replaceable. The ID number of the battery is listed in the documentation.
Yeah, it's not the battery, showing a full charge in the app. Definitely a firmware-stuck Chamber. There are instructions for getting it unstuck but it requires innumerable tries at 5 minute intervals. The instructions may as well have included prayer.

Crutchfield was great, shipped out an advance replacement with no fuss at all. I'll definitely be doing business with them again. When I get the replacement I'll probably just swap in the already updated buds and maybe not bother trying another update for a while. What version shows for your Chamber?

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #45 of 146
Mine have been working since the initial pairing mess. Fingers crossed. Glad I bought from Crutchfield just in case.

There is an openness to the soundstage in these these that I have not heard in a TWS before other than perhaps the Bose QC but the Gemini trounces them in overall sound quality. Most TWS feel very closed in by comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back