Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
Mar 6, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #662 of 693
did dethonray say if they would ever update the pegasus to that it can be used as an usb dac as well? Why such a brick when all it does is BT? Anyone of you out there is carrying the Honey and the Pegasus in parallel because of that?

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #663 of 693
did dethonray say if they would ever update the pegasus to that it can be used as an usb dac as well? Why such a brick when all it does is BT? Anyone of you out there is carrying the Honey and the Pegasus in parallel because of that?
Pegasus a BRICK?? Its a small, light and very handy device for what it offers- a very powerful and amazing sound. The only downside of the Gold version is battery life, everything else is top notch.

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #664 of 693
Bro this ONLY BT dac/amp can blow out many many competition. It can run HD6x0 series like a full desktop setup. Believe me I have both.

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #665 of 693
How does it sound compared to the gold?
It's kinda Gold on steroids. Also, the handy thing is the back panel. It has 2 different sound modes + HP/IEM mode (Different from Gain Switch)
Way more refinement. It's basically a full desktop stack on the go.

Mar 6, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #666 of 693
You obviously haven’t heard it, small powerful and amazing sound. Pair it with a phone that has the AptX Adaptive codec and it might be a lot of people’s end game.

Mar 7, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #667 of 693
You obviously haven’t heard it, small powerful and amazing sound. Pair it with a phone that has the AptX Adaptive codec and it might be a lot of people’s end game.
Yes. It's also supports LDAC

Mar 10, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #669 of 693
Try Sennheiser BTD600. Although it only supports aptX HD, the sound improvement is obvious. LDAC is not suitable for mobile usage scenarios as the bitrate will automatically decrease when used on the move.

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #670 of 693

Try Sennheiser BTD600. Although it only supports aptX HD, the sound improvement is obvious. LDAC is not suitable for mobile usage scenarios as the bitrate will automatically decrease when used on the move.
Btd600 supports aptx adaptive hq but sg1 doesn't support adaptive as per the specs? I haven't tried personally, I typically use btd600 with my tws iems and ldac directly from phone with sg1.

1710164376194.png

Ldac can be configured for fixed 900kbps (optimized for sound quality setting) but that could cause signal interruptions if used in public where there's lots of interference.

1710164301917.png

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:56 PM Post #671 of 693
Btd600 supports aptx adaptive hq but sg1 doesn't support adaptive as per the specs? I haven't tried personally, I typically use btd600 with my tws iems and ldac directly from phone with sg1.

1710164376194.png

Ldac can be configured for fixed 900kbps (optimized for sound quality setting) but that could cause signal interruptions if used in public where there's lots of interference.

1710164301917.png
SG1 could not support Adaptive. I currently use APTX-HD, which has good stability and very low latency when watching YouTube. LDAC requires a relatively high signal environment, and I haven't found a USB dongle that supports LDAC. If there is one, it could be a great choice to enhance the signal. I once asked a friend who does Bluetooth design about this question, and he said that in tests, when LDAC is moved 5 meters away, the mobile end will most likely reduce the bitrate to 303-606 Kbps. If there are glass or walls, it is more likely to experience disconnection.

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #672 of 693
SG1 could not support Adaptive. I currently use APTX-HD, which has good stability and very low latency when watching YouTube. LDAC requires a relatively high signal environment, and I haven't found a USB dongle that supports LDAC. If there is one, it could be a great choice to enhance the signal. I once asked a friend who does Bluetooth design about this question, and he said that in tests, when LDAC is moved 5 meters away, the mobile end will most likely reduce the bitrate to 303-606 Kbps. If there are glass or walls, it is more likely to experience disconnection.
A) If your bluetooth engineer friend knew his stuff, he'd tell you that Ldac doesn't reduce bitrate in Optimized for Audio Quality mode.

B) There are no ldac dongles since, basically, every android phone supports it.

C) Dongle does nothing to enhance bt signal, it might use a different chip with different codec support, that's all. If your source had a decent bt chip already, dongle won't make any difference. It's not an antenna lol.

D) Ldac and aptx-hd have similar latency which is automatically offset by most apps anyway, like YouTube.

I see zero benefit in using aptx hd over ldac. Aptx hd has significantly worse bitrate, that's a fact. It also has poor stability which is why its not used with tws iems. I guess you like the more compressed, boomier sound of lower bitrate, I can understand that. But to each their own.

Mar 12, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #673 of 693
i use ldac all the time with either of those without any problem : Qudelix 5k, Fiio M6, Shanling M0, Topping G5, Fiio BTR15 ( the btr15 has other problems than LDAC tho)
The Shanling M0 and Fiio M6 are Daps, which i also use as LDAC transmitters when needed. Otherwise I use Fiio BTR30 pro and Samsung S20FE as transmitters.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #675 of 693
If my SG-1 had USB, it would be my perfect device, but it has never been updated to do so, even though it received firmware over USB.... Oh well, I guess I sell my much loved pegasus.
They never intended to do that. What color are you selling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back