Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Sep 2, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #1,892 of 2,316
Just did an email to Anson about the pre-order. I’m good at $720. If pricing as indicated in Linsoul I may need to consider other options.
You are alright if you will buy it by this weekend, after weekend it is going to be 999 usd. Here is what Anson said:

"The ealy bird offer will be end in this weekend. The price will be 999 USD, because all the distributors will begin, so we could not give discount,or there will be a price war.
We only promise 999 USD include freight and deliver to audiophiles in 7 days by DHL and Fedex."

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #1,894 of 2,316
You have to email directly to Anson. I think it's shipped from China, so buying it from EU I'll have to pay VAT and custom taxes. I'll wait for the first impressions since I really want a old school standalone player with no WiFi, BT, streaming, etc. For that I already have the ZX507 and the DX160 (well, this one also only works as a standalone player since steaming is impossible unless I implant a router in my body). I'm also dying the Aune M1P R2R.
Were there any news about the M1P lately?

Sep 3, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #1,895 of 2,316
Were there any news about the M1P lately?
I don't think so. The BU2 DAC/AMP was released this week but no further news of the M1P. It was at a prototype stage and probably has the same limited software (no gapless play, artwork, etc). Interestingly it has 3.5 and 2.5/4.4 sockets, also USB-C.

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #1,896 of 2,316
I don't think so. The BU2 DAC/AMP was released this week but no further news of the M1P. It was at a prototype stage and probably has the same limited software (no gapless play, artwork, etc). Interestingly it has 3.5 and 2.5/4.4 sockets, also USB-C.
Didn't hear about M1P, can you tell about it and why you are excited? Just interested to hear:spy:

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #1,897 of 2,316
Didn't hear about M1P, can you tell about it and why you are excited? Just interested to hear:spy:
I'm just interested in a old school DAP to play local files. I already have others for streaming. The M1P looks interesting since supposedly it has a R2R DAC.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #1,898 of 2,316
You are alright if you will buy it by this weekend, after weekend it is going to be 999 usd. Here is what Anson said:

"The ealy bird offer will be end in this weekend. The price will be 999 USD, because all the distributors will begin, so we could not give discount,or there will be a price war.
We only promise 999 USD include freight and deliver to audiophiles in 7 days by DHL and Fedex."
Thanks Bud.

Paid Anson the pre-order price of 720USD via PayPal today. He’s likely to ship it out next Tuesday via DHL.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #1,899 of 2,316
Sep 4, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #1,901 of 2,316
Hi guys.
Reading headfi for years but just created account though.
Was waiting for DTR1+ but with 1000$ not going for it.
So, now looking for alternative. My choice is now between 3 units:
- DTR1
- QLS QA361
- Lotoo PAW 6k (used will be in my price range)

The only thing I need is SQ. I need it to play my huge flac collection - no other features are necessary at all. Reliability is also a question - I prefer it not to stop working in a few months :)

Anyone here own all or some of them to share what to expect sound wise from them? I have no possibility to listen to any so blind purchase is my way.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #1,902 of 2,316
Hi guys.
- DTR1
- QLS QA361

The only thing I need is SQ. I need it to play my huge flac collection - no other features are necessary at all. Reliability is also a question - I prefer it not to stop working in a few months :)

Anyone here own all or some of them to share what to expect sound wise from them? I have no possibility to listen to any so blind purchase is my way.
Well I believe you still have a chance to get it for 720 usd, just contact Anson, the offer expires this weekend. I actually did order QLS QA361, but then canceled my order, just wanted something more new than that 2018 model, with ability to show album art and be more user friendly. But actually QA361 is still a good deal, it has a better battery and I believe it has more advanced circuitry with a better chip. From what I heard users had more problems with DTR1 than with QA361, hope DTR1+ improves on that. Don't want to have a DAP which dies after one year, will see ordered it already.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #1,903 of 2,316
Well I believe you still have a chance to get it for 720 usd, just contact Anson, the offer expires this weekend. I actually did order QLS QA361, but then canceled my order, just wanted something more new than that 2018 model, with ability to show album art and be more user friendly. But actually QA361 is still a good deal, it has a better battery and I believe it has more advanced circuitry with a better chip. From what I heard users had more problems with DTR1 than with QA361, hope DTR1+ improves on that. Don't want to have a DAP which dies after one year, will see ordered it already.
With customs and taxes I will end up with ~1006$ when it will reach me in Germany. Simply makes no sense to rush before it's distributes officially.

However, in general I can't understand why it has this price when DTR1 costs 580 atm.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #1,904 of 2,316
With customs and taxes I will end up with ~1006$ when it will reach me in Germany. Simply makes no sense to rush before it's distributes officially.

However, in general I can't understand why it has this price when DTR1 costs 580 atm.
You can buy the DTR1 from HifiGo at 504,45€.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #1,905 of 2,316
Hi guys.
- DTR1
- QLS QA361

I owned both P6K and DTR1. For usability and reliability I would give it to P6K. My DTR1 was failed 2 times if you saw my complained in this thread (that why I bought P6K to use during claimed the DTR1). I never experienced any hang, freeze, restart on P6K.

It's depends on the pairing. If you required high output you would go for DTR1. If you use easy to drive headphones you can go with any one.

Sound wise P6K is leaner, crisp toward to analytical, DTR1 have thicker note weight and more bass.

From my experience both paired well with different type of headphones.

DTR1 paired well with fullsize, earbuds and iem with dynamic driver.

P6K paired well with iem BA driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back