Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Aug 31, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #1,877 of 2,316
Sep 1, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #1,881 of 2,316
Anson confirmed that retail price is close to $1000.
Unless the sound performance is outstanding I don't think it just justified almost the double of the retail price.

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #1,882 of 2,316
Now I'm also curious about the Aune M1p since it's a R2R.

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #1,884 of 2,316
By the way I ordered DTR1+ today, got lucky and purchased it for early bird price (720 usd), it appears only first 10 sold units had early bird price. I am a beginner audiophile and this is my first DAP, so don't expect some crazy review but hopefully I could answer some questions of yours or post some pics of the package, hope it was worth it, I had my doubts:sweat_smile:. 720 usd is still not a small amount which can be spent well if spent right.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #1,885 of 2,316
By the way I ordered DTR1+ today, got lucky and purchased it for early bird price (720 usd), it appears only first 10 sold units had early bird price. I am a beginner audiophile and this is my first DAP, so don't expect some crazy review but hopefully I could answer some questions of yours or post some pics of the package, hope it was worth it, I had my doubts:sweat_smile:. 720 usd is still not a small amount which can be spent well if spent right.
Congratulations. I had the same chance to get the early bird a month ago but decided to wait for the first sound impressions. Hope you get it soon.

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #1,886 of 2,316
Congratulations. I had the same chance to get the early bird a month ago but decided to wait for the first sound impressions. Hope you get it soon.
Anson told me that they should ship it this weekend with DHL express, it should get here quick but can stuck in customs for some time. Just for a context I have Fiio FH7 IEM which I pair with LG G8 smartphone which has a mobile ESS chip. Anyway I am not a right person for sharing some audiophile impressions cause of lack of experience with various high end audio gear but I believe I could answer some questions and share my personnal experience.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #1,889 of 2,316
Sep 2, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #1,890 of 2,316
You have to email directly to Anson. I think it's shipped from China, so buying it from EU I'll have to pay VAT and custom taxes. I'll wait for the first impressions since I really want a old school standalone player with no WiFi, BT, streaming, etc. For that I already have the ZX507 and the DX160 (well, this one also only works as a standalone player since steaming is impossible unless I implant a router in my body). I'm also dying the Aune M1P R2R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back