Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Sep 4, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #1,906 of 2,313
With customs and taxes I will end up with ~1006$ when it will reach me in Germany. Simply makes no sense to rush before it's distributes officially.

However, in general I can't understand why it has this price when DTR1 costs 580 atm.
Well, not necessary I am also from Europe and we did a little trick, I did two payments one smaller and the other one is larger, so smaller sum will be declared as a true value, so I will pay a very small amount.

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #1,911 of 2,313
My DTR1+ is almost here and the Calyx M was begging for competition. With a bit of luck, in 10 days, the western world inhabitants get their units. Let's put this thread on fire.

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #1,913 of 2,313
My DTR1+ arrived this evening. I can only use "Wow!" to describe the unboxing experience. The DTR1+ looks absolutely stunning "in person". The chassis looks and feels like what Apple would call Graphite Black if it were their product. It just has a much more premium look to it all around. The buttons have a tactile feel to them and the opening for the micro SD card slot looks just right. Compared with the rather bulky power supply that came with the DTR1, the new player comes with a much smaller power brick which accepts USB Type-C power input while outputs to the DTR1+ via the same micro HDMI port. It's still a separate brick to carry when you are traveling but I will take this over the old power supply any day knowing the Dethonray team really couldn't fit more power supply related components into the compact body of the DTR1+.

As usual I will put the DTR1+ through continuous playback mode and will share my thoughts after at least 50 or even 100 hours of burn-in time. However upon first listening, I could already tell the improvements in the treble area as the DTR1+ exhibits better extension and has more "air". This is especially evident when playing violin recordings. The violin sounds just lovely!

Well I'll close this out by sharing some unboxing pictures as a picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say... As for my longer impression on the sound with different IEMs and headphones, untill another time...

IMG_4901.jpg

PXL_20210905_101433554_Original.jpg

PXL_20210905_101516762_Original.jpg

PXL_20210905_101556096_Original.jpg

PXL_20210905_101618061_Original.jpg

PXL_20210905_101636491_Original.jpg

PXL_20210905_101836575_Original.jpg

PXL_20210905_102027241_Original.jpg

PXL_20210905_101859996_Original.jpg

PXL_20210905_105744638_Original.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #1,914 of 2,313
My DTR1+ arrived this evening. I can only use "Wow!" to describe the unboxing experience. The DTR1+ looks absolutely stunning "in person". The chassis looks and feels like what Apple would call Graphite Black if it were their product. It just has a much more premium look to it all around. The buttons have a tactile feel to them and the opening for the micro SD card slot looks just right. Compared with the rather bulky power supply that came with the DTR1, the new player comes with a much smaller power brick which accepts USB Type-C power input while outputs to the DTR1+ via the same micro HDMI port. It's still a separate brick to carry when you are traveling but I will take this over the old power supply any day knowing the Dethonray team really couldn't fit more power supply related components into the compact body of the DTR1+.

As usual I will put the DTR1+ through continuous playback mode and will share my thoughts after at least 50 or even 100 hours of burn-in time. However upon first listening, I could already tell the improvements in the treble area as the DTR1+ exhibits better extension and has more "air". This is especially evident when playing violin recordings. The violin sounds just lovely!

Well I'll close this out by sharing some unboxing pictures as a picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say... As for my longer impression on the sound with different IEMs and headphones, untill another time...

Whoau!! This makes the wait even longer… thanks for the lovely pictures. Which firmware is installed?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #1,915 of 2,313
@Lunatic I can't wait for your impression and compare with DTR1. Burning this and please describe about sound with DTR1+.

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,917 of 2,313

Thanks for your impressions. Did you notice any improvements in screen area or is it the same as in DTR1? Just wondering if it is any brighter. Was there any case included?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #1,918 of 2,313
Thanks for your impressions. Did you notice any improvements in screen area or is it the same as in DTR1? Just wondering if it is any brighter. Was there any case included?
No case included based on the pictures. The DTR1´s case should work. Check Penon website, they have some supply left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back