Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Aug 14, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #1,861 of 2,323
It's the answer I got from Anson but i think it's only for the early bird.
Well if you go by his initial release date which was June I wouldn't be so sure.

Aug 14, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #1,862 of 2,323
Well if you go by his initial release date which was June I wouldn't be so sure.
I asked Anson yesterday, he said that they will start shipping first units from August 23rd most likely. As it was mentioned before by another member there is an early bird list which will be served first, so it is a good question when regular orders will be shipped and what will be a regular price.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,865 of 2,323
Hi everyone,
My Dtr1 screen started displaying just white light when on, with absolutely no discernible UI. It happened in the middle of listening, I had been using it for about two hours since a full charging cycle. I tried recharging the player, updating the firmware and using the reset button, with no change.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #1,866 of 2,323
I asked Anson yesterday, he said that they will start shipping first units from August 23rd most likely. As it was mentioned before by another member there is an early bird list which will be served first, so it is a good question when regular orders will be shipped and what will be a regular price.
How was early bird list formed? Was there some sort of pre-order?

Aug 19, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #1,867 of 2,323
Hi everyone,
My Dtr1 screen started displaying just white light when on, with absolutely no discernible UI. It happened in the middle of listening, I had been using it for about two hours since a full charging cycle. I tried recharging the player, updating the firmware and using the reset button, with no change.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?
I have never seen that and I haven't seen anyone else report it. You might try sending an email to "service@dethonray.com" - I have gotten a response that way in the past. (although I'm guessing Anson is very busy with the new model release at the moment) You could also try "info@dethonray.nl" - they might know about this issue.

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #1,868 of 2,323
I have never seen that and I haven't seen anyone else report it. You might try sending an email to "service@dethonray.com" - I have gotten a response that way in the past. (although I'm guessing Anson is very busy with the new model release at the moment) You could also try "info@dethonray.nl" - they might know about this issue.
Thank you, I already had written to Anson and will try the second mail.

To elaborate a bit more, when attempting to downgrade the firmware, instead of a white screen I get just a black screen, and have to use the reset button to get back to the normal on/off cycle. My guess is that some component gave up right in the middle of playback and bricked the device.

Aug 27, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #1,872 of 2,323
Would have been better for Anson not to have given these release dates it doesn't go well.
He told me it would be released second week in June.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #1,873 of 2,323
Would have been better for Anson not to have given these release dates it doesn't go well.
He told me it would be released second week in June.
Agree with you, got another answer from him yesterday, they are starting to ship DTR1+ in China now first and in September to the rest of the world and this is still early birds, so I don't know... of course it is already September, almost... Perhaps something went wrong with production, they were able to release their IEM on time though.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #1,874 of 2,323
Good to know, because I very curious about sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back