Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 1, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #1,248 of 2,316
Man I'm jealous would love to try the pp8 ...its the one I think that would work for me, better version of the 4xr I read .
Never heard the 4xr but owned the PP8. IMO, and I have heard quite a few flagships (back then), it is „better“ than all the rest (EE Phantom, EE legend X, 64Audio A18t, Jomo Samba, Jomo Flamenco, Xelento, Vision Ears VE8, Vega, Andro, etc.) I don’t know, they all were somehow „off“. Not what I know recordings should sound like. But of course I prefer a rather balanced signature.

May 1, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #1,249 of 2,316
Never heard the 4xr but owned the PP8. IMO, and I have heard quite a few flagships (back then), it is „better“ than all the rest (EE Phantom, EE legend X, 64Audio A18t, Jomo Samba, Jomo Flamenco, Xelento, Vision Ears VE8, Vega, Andro, etc.) I don’t know, they all were somehow „off“. Not what I know recordings should sound like. But of course I prefer a rather balanced signature.
I have heard similar about them, fit has me worried though as I have very small ears and most don't fit me they are too big, andro honestly are just the right fit, any bigger is a no...i have wondered how small the small version is?

May 1, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #1,250 of 2,316
I have heard similar about them, fit has me worried though as I have very small ears and most don't fit me they are too big, andro honestly are just the right fit, any bigger is a no...i have wondered how small the small version is?
you might wanna ask the company InEar for the exact measurements or you can find them on their website. I had the normal size ones. I have „normal“ ears. Not very big, not small either. I had no problems wearing the normal PP8 version. Perfect fit. Nonetheless it depends how small/big your ears are but if I would buy them again I would of course buy the small ones in those beautiful lookin wood version :wink:

May 1, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #1,251 of 2,316
you might wanna ask the company InEar for the exact measurements or you can find them on their website. I had the normal size ones. I have „normal“ ears. Not very big, not small either. I had no problems wearing the normal PP8 version. Perfect fit. Nonetheless it depends how small/big your ears are but if I would buy them again I would of course buy the small ones in those beautiful lookin wood version :wink:
Unfortunately my pockets do not run deep either and this wouldn't be happening any time soon, but i would like to try them for sure and not out of reach, 1z first.

May 2, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,253 of 2,316
Another thing I'm wondering-has anyone compared the DTR-1 and the Pono (I expect odds are slim, but the Pono was also a music-only device, designed with good sound as the main consideration, by the folks at Ayre Audio). Just figured I'd ask (I have 2 Ponos that I use, and like).

May 4, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #1,254 of 2,316
May 4, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #1,255 of 2,316
May 4, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #1,256 of 2,316
If you could writing about changes in this firmware will be nice.
1. Add right-click page turning function
2. Fixed DSD2PCM volume bug.
3. Adjust volume to 4 when setting low gain to highg gain.
4. Add power key back to main menu option in setting.
5. Add long press left key back to main menu when In broswer mode.

May 4, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #1,258 of 2,316
1. Add right-click page turning function
2. Fixed DSD2PCM volume bug.
3. Adjust volume to 4 when setting low gain to highg gain.
4. Add power key back to main menu option in setting.
5. Add long press left key back to main menu when In broswer mode.

I always appreciate the quick response from Anson regarding firmware issues, or user ideas. However, other than the bug fixes, there's nothing I needed in this update and still no "1-click replay/restart current track". He told me adding left/right key options would be confusing and yet more options have been added!

Is it just me, or would users appreciate being able to 'replay/restart the current track' with 1-click, without having to hold-down and 'rewind' like a cassette player from the 1970/80's. Sometimes, I am so moved or excited by a track, that I want to replay immediately; isn't that what loving music is all about?

I don't mean to sound negative in any way, as I love my DTR1/HA-2 combo as well as the musical ethos of Anson. However, I am a little frustrated to be told that firmware has now finished, without this very useful (to me at least) function being made available. Every digital device that I have encountered since audio cassettes, had the ability to restart/replay the current track with 1-click.

Anyway, in the context of our world at the moment, it is less than trivial!

Take care everyone :thumbsup:

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #1,259 of 2,316
Is it just me, or would users appreciate being able to 'replay/restart the current track' with 1-click, without having to hold-down and 'rewind' like a cassette player from the 1970/80's?

I am 100% with you on this!

May 4, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #1,260 of 2,316
I am 100% with you on this!

Thanks F700, I am not trying to make a big 'case', but I was hoping that other users might think similarly about this useful function. I can totally accept the 'simple' user interface, but this function is about music replay and enjoyment.

This is the first 'device' ever, that I have used permanently on full database 'shuffle'; the DTR1 decides what I listen to and I am really enjoying the 'unknown' and lack of control. But sometimes, I want to hear a beautiful, exciting track again, before the next 'shuffle'.

That's my 'musical' reason for the 1-click function :smile_phones:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back