Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Apr 30, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #1,231 of 2,316
OK guys thanks for all your input .. 3.8 is not working for me , 2 glitches one quite bad which is the power off loop I mentioned , it reboots with a quite a bad static pop, the second is a funny noise just before selecting very first track on play, this one not so bad but still more than noticeable ...i have just redownloaded 3.2 installed and worked, I think also the first download of this failed in some way as fine second time and I have checked, scanned the first download of this...anyway its back to normal and very stable but for anyone else that may come across this simply reverting back to 3 2 is an easy fix.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #1,234 of 2,316
20200429_161754.jpg

Lovely with andro s....and not as bad as reported with sensitivity/hiss either , great job.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #1,235 of 2,316
Anson will release a new fw next week, most likely 4.0

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #1,238 of 2,316
Anson will release a new fw next week, most likely 4.0

Great news; Anson is so quick to respond with support :muscle:

I am so hoping he will add a '1-click option to replay the current track'; I keep asking him directly, but I know he is busy. Personally, I wouldn't want anything else. I am a purist with reagard to unnecessary features that do nothing for the sound, but to be able to replay a track without having to 'fast rewind' each time would be great.

Here's hoping :fingers_crossed:

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #1,239 of 2,316
No problem. Which fw do you want to roll back to?
hi, i have the same problem and im on 3.8 fw. what i do and i know its not ideal is go to setting when i want to shut down and this works with out the popping noise and rebooting. i bought mine second hand so i dont know if fw udate as been missed out along the way. mine alays makes a popping noise when playing the fist song after turning it on. A little annoying but nothing major.

Apr 30, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #1,240 of 2,316
Reverting back to 3.2 is a lot better for me, the pop on mine when doing the shutdown reboot was very bad! ....3.2 is very smooth compared I feel, theres a very very slight static pop on first track with 3.2 but nothing to complain about......very good response too.

Apr 30, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #1,241 of 2,316
hi, i have the same problem and im on 3.8 fw. what i do and i know its not ideal is go to setting when i want to shut down and this works with out the popping noise and rebooting. i bought mine second hand so i dont know if fw udate as been missed out along the way. mine alays makes a popping noise when playing the fist song after turning it on. A little annoying but nothing major.
This is really strange, I cannot explain, sorry. Please wait for next fw to be released within the next few days

Apr 30, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #1,242 of 2,316
Apr 30, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #1,244 of 2,316
Nice ...i also have er4xr and they too sound very good! Both showing excellent technicalities.

Edit...although I do prefer the andro with dtr1
Yes, as I have read and heard from other's opinions, the ER4XR is a slighlty brighter and clearer IEM than the ER2XR, which represents the "dark" and bassy side of the Etymotic signature. Nice to see that you also are an Etymotic owner and that you are enjoying it.

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,245 of 2,316
Yes, as I have read and heard from other's opinions, the ER4XR is a slighlty brighter and clearer IEM than the ER2XR, which represents the "dark" and bassy side of the Etymotic signature. Nice to see that you also are an Etymotic owner and that you are enjoying it.
Love my er4xr...i can also see the er2xr pairing better with the dtr1, as you say more bass than the 4xr .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back