Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Apr 30, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #1,216 of 2,316
Hi all ...... picked one of these up yesterday, firstly it sounds fantastic! Anyone wanting great audio should definitely try this , it is by far outwaying its price with audio...but it was fine on purchase until I updated to the latest firmware , there seems to be a powerdown/scanning issue, it basically on first Power down reboots with a slight pop and scans again, this doesn't happen on second try or if card is not in the player and definitely was fine prior to updating...is it possible to roll back as this player sounds awesome but this glitch is frustrating.

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #1,217 of 2,316
Hi all ...... picked one of these up yesterday, firstly it sounds fantastic! Anyone wanting great audio should definitely try this , it is by far outwaying its price with audio...but it was fine on purchase until I updated to the latest firmware , there seems to be a powerdown/scanning issue, it basically on first Power down reboots with a slight pop and scans again, this doesn't happen on second try or if card is not in the player and definitely was fine prior to updating...is it possible to roll back as this player sounds awesome but this glitch is frustrating.
No problem. Which fw do you want to roll back to?

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #1,219 of 2,316
Cant remember which was on it , possibly 3.2??? But I downloaded the update file tried to roll back...told me no data,
I have 3.8 and I am not experiencing the problem you have mentioned. Anyway, let me just a bit of time to get the fw 3.2.

One more thing, please check previous posts regarding how to properly download new fw. Everything should be fine at the end.

I come back to you

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #1,220 of 2,316
I have 3.8 and I am not experiencing the problem you have mentioned. Anyway, let me just a bit of time to get the fw 3.2.

One more thing, please check previous posts regarding how to properly download new fw. Everything should be fine at the end.

I come back to you
Been doing this a long time , and the firmware is definitely installed correctly, infact it was one of the easiest installs I have had to do with a download to card, no unzip etc...anyway cheers for checking.

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #1,222 of 2,316
Apr 30, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #1,224 of 2,316
Indeed....thanks guys, like I said been doing this quite some time and been through many daps in various guise so generally know the pitfalls, all though we all make mistakes .. but I'm pretty certain its the firmware glitching mine
I have asked Anson (Dethonray CEO) to send me the fw 3.2. Should be there within 24hours.

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #1,225 of 2,316
Isc
I have asked Anson (Dethonray CEO) to send me the fw 3.2. Should be there within 24hours.
I have downloaded this version from the website but it said no data when tried to roll back using this zip file , I'm currently scanning my large library to see if there are any corrupt files that could potentially be causing this glitch but as I said it was perfectly fine before update...once I have finished the scan I will try once again with various firmware downloads to roll back.....cheers guys will be back soon although 10,000 tracks takes some scanning.

Apr 30, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #1,229 of 2,316
Could be a questionable/bad SD card as well. Could also have been a not so complete flash of 3.8.
2 separate cards both scanned for errors, same outcome, as I said i am scanning the actual music at the moment which is a long process just incase ...was fine on preloaded version...I will try reflashing on 3.8 and previous versions after I have scanned the music....once again thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back