Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 7, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #1,276 of 2,316
Well had mine a few days now and very impressed with its technical ability, spacial queues, panning and transients are probably the best i have heard. I'm using andro s and there is slight hiss but hey its sensitive andro......i agree with twisters evaluation of this pairing but it still sound's very good , have ifi iematch arriving today can't wait to try it together."

Nothing wrong with the dtr1 though .
What are you impressions using the IEMatch? I haven't removed mine since I set up my DTR1 up with it - I regularly switch between both my Andro Golds and Atlas depending on my music genre, mood, or travel. I really enjoyed both IEM's without IEMatch sound wise, but in the quieter parts on some songs, there was subtle hiss that bothered me. I feel like there is a trade of though - slightly muted highs (my perceptions of course!).

Here's how I've rigged mine up.
IMG_7796.jpg

May 7, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #1,277 of 2,316
What are you impressions using the IEMatch? I haven't removed mine since I set up my DTR1 up with it - I regularly switch between both my Andro Golds and Atlas depending on my music genre, mood, or travel. I really enjoyed both IEM's without IEMatch sound wise, but in the quieter parts on some songs, there was subtle hiss that bothered me. I feel like there is a trade of though - slightly muted highs (my perceptions of course!).

Here's how I've rigged mine up.
IMG_7796.jpg
I actually agree with you totally.... it is better with i.e match but the trade off is definitely there.
The player is very good infact it's the best 3.5mm I have heard and is nice with the andro s but they are so sensitive that without the i.e match I feel its changing the andro sig not to my liking, mids are thin and highs are a little too much without the i.e match.... also unfortunately I only use 2 different iems , andro and er4xr and the 4xr I feel are too neutral for this dap as well ... give it an iem less sensitive with a bit more warmth or body say compared to 4xr and this is killer ! Genuinely a nice dap .

May 8, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #1,278 of 2,316
I actually agree with you totally.... it is better with i.e match but the trade off is definitely there.
The player is very good infact it's the best 3.5mm I have heard and is nice with the andro s but they are so sensitive that without the i.e match I feel its changing the andro sig not to my liking, mids are thin and highs are a little too much without the i.e match.... also unfortunately I only use 2 different iems , andro and er4xr and the 4xr I feel are too neutral for this dap as well ... give it an iem less sensitive with a bit more warmth or body say compared to 4xr and this is killer ! Genuinely a nice dap .
Ety ER2XR is actually killer with DTR1

May 9, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #1,279 of 2,316
Anybody getting only about 3 to max 4 hours and terrible standby on this otherwise great dap.
Flacs at 16 bits, no HR and dsd
How long am I supposed to charge it, till it goes green right?
Battery indicator not working correctly?

May 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #1,280 of 2,316
Anybody getting only about 3 to max 4 hours and terrible standby on this otherwise great dap.
Flacs at 16 bits, no HR and dsd
How long am I supposed to charge it, till it goes green right?
Battery indicator not working correctly?
Sorry to hear such a thing. No, I am almost celebrating 1 year of audio love with the DTR1 and never experienced that. Battery with lossless tracks, mid gain, 7-8 hours no problem. Standby also is good. Charging 3 hours, it's enough. Battery indicator tends being optimistic before showing the 2 remaining bar, but otherwise all good here.

Maybe someone else can report same issues?

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #1,281 of 2,316
Battery life 6-7 hours, I listening lossless and hd track, mid gain.

May 10, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #1,282 of 2,316
I will keep checking,
One thing I noticed is if the player is charging while off and i press power button the battery indicator shows charging always even after a night plugged in

May 10, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #1,283 of 2,316
I will keep checking,
One thing I noticed is if the player is charging while off and i press power button the battery indicator shows charging always even after a night plugged in

Yes, I have noticed this too. I can only suggest that this large battery display simply shows when the DTR1 is charging, but not when it is full, as would be usual on other devices. This happens even when the charging light is green. It would be interesting to know if other users have ever seen this display stop charging and show a full battery?

Also, for further information, today I tested the battery time of my DTR1 using the lineout connection to HA-2 amplifier. I got 10 hours and 15-mins using High Gain lineout, playing lossless FLAC on continuous shuffle. Obviously, the DTR1 is using less power with lineout, so this is why it lasts longer.

Tomorrow, I will try DTR1 directly with IEM's on mid gain :)

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #1,284 of 2,316
Yes, I have noticed this too. I can only suggest that this large battery display simply shows when the DTR1 is charging, but not when it is full, as would be usual on other devices. This happens even when the charging light is green. It would be interesting to know if other users have ever seen this display stop charging and show a full battery?

Also, for further information, today I tested the battery time of my DTR1 using the lineout connection to HA-2 amplifier. I got 10 hours and 15-mins using High Gain lineout, playing lossless FLAC on continuous shuffle. Obviously, the DTR1 is using less power with lineout, so this is why it lasts longer.

Tomorrow, I will try DTR1 directly with IEM's on mid gain :)
Wow, something must be wrong with mine, i have Romi and other class A amps but never even close to more than 4 hours, especially on shuffle.
It goes fine with one line drop till about 2 hours after that its a fast decline.
I thought maybe I wasn’t charging it enough since the indicators are clearly a little random.
But the worst is i leave it off for a day after which the battery has dropped to red sometimes

May 11, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #1,285 of 2,316
Wow, something must be wrong with mine, i have Romi and other class A amps but never even close to more than 4 hours, especially on shuffle.
It goes fine with one line drop till about 2 hours after that its a fast decline.
I thought maybe I wasn’t charging it enough since the indicators are clearly a little random.
But the worst is i leave it off for a day after which the battery has dropped to red sometimes

Yes, that does sound like you have a battery and/or charging problem; I too have noticed that even after the battery has fully charged (green light on charger), by the morning it will charge again (red light on charger) for quite a long time before turning green again. I wonder on the quality of the battery, but that is simply supposition and I am not making any statement. Unfortunately, what we really need for sure, in a 'sealed' DAP is a quality battery with good lifespan.

I am sure you don't need advising, but I wouldn't take a lot of notice of the small battery meter in the display window; these are always a 'gauge' and never accurate. I would go by how long from fully charged, to last breath of sound :slight_smile:

I would be interested to know what Anson thinks, as well as his response to future battery replacement?

I will update later on my DTR1 battery running time, using IEM's directly without external amp; currently 3.5-hrs and counting.

Take care :thumbsup:

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #1,286 of 2,316
Yes, that does sound like you have a battery and/or charging problem; I too have noticed that even after the battery has fully charged (green light on charger), by the morning it will charge again (red light on charger) for quite a long time before turning green again. I wonder on the quality of the battery, but that is simply supposition and I am not making any statement. Unfortunately, what we really need for sure, in a 'sealed' DAP is a quality battery with good lifespan.

I am sure you don't need advising, but I wouldn't take a lot of notice of the small battery meter in the display window; these are always a 'gauge' and never accurate. I would go by how long from fully charged, to last breath of sound :slight_smile:

I would be interested to know what Anson thinks, as well as his response to future battery replacement?

I will update later on my DTR1 battery running time, using IEM's directly without external amp; currently 3.5-hrs and counting.

Take care :thumbsup:
Thanks so much for your input, id also love If Anson chips in with some tips.
Since latest update now i have to wait for the 400gb to update like a minute before i can operate screen, but that means it now remembers where/which album i had on before switching off.
Like the new interface, would be awesome if we could change tracks without waking up the screen
🤞👍🍻

May 11, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #1,287 of 2,316
Thanks so much for your input, id also love If Anson chips in with some tips.
Since latest update now i have to wait for the 400gb to update like a minute before i can operate screen, but that means it now remembers where/which album i had on before switching off.
Like the new interface, would be awesome if we could change tracks without waking up the screen
🤞👍🍻

You are very welcome, I wish that I could have given you definitive information.

Anyway, sorry to add more 'weight' to your probable battery/charging issue; I ran my DTR1 for most of the day and got a surprising 9-hours and 40-mins connected directly to Final E5000 IEM's, using medium gain, at full voulume (60) with lossless FLAC files on continuous shuffle (now that is a mouthful). I charged the DTR1 to 'green light' last night and again to green this morning (another 20-mins) before starting the music marathon. The only other factor was that I didn't use the display at all, but allowed the DTR1 to shuffle-play until it stopped. It shuffles each time from the entire collection of 4000 tracks.

I agree that having just a few more music orientated control features would be so helpful; for me and the use I want, the only addition I need is "1-click restart/replay the current track" as I have mentioned several times in this thread. Anson would not oblige, so not much I can do until someone starts to 'modify' firmware, which I am always cautious about.

If I wanted this DAP predominantly as a portable player, then I would be quite frustrated at its lack of user controls for playing next/previous track, pause, stop etc without having to remove it from my pocket, open the case, turning on the screen etc, etc. But I guess that would require more physical buttons on the other side to control these features without removing DAP from pocket/jacket/bag etc.

I do truly love my DTR1, genuinely and I will always back a small company produced, esoteric 'underdog' that punches well above its weight. I so appreciate that it is totally music-orientated and focussed; however utilising the same sound philosophy, allied to a few more 'physical' user features, would make the "DTR2" an absoulue killer :):)

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #1,288 of 2,316
You are very welcome, I wish that I could have given you definitive information.

Anyway, sorry to add more 'weight' to your probable battery/charging issue; I ran my DTR1 for most of the day and got a surprising 9-hours and 40-mins connected directly to Final E5000 IEM's, using medium gain, at full voulume (60) with lossless FLAC files on continuous shuffle (now that is a mouthful). I charged the DTR1 to 'green light' last night and again to green this morning (another 20-mins) before starting the music marathon. The only other factor was that I didn't use the display at all, but allowed the DTR1 to shuffle-play until it stopped. It shuffles each time from the entire collection of 4000 tracks.

I agree that having just a few more music orientated control features would be so helpful; for me and the use I want, the only addition I need is "1-click restart/replay the current track" as I have mentioned several times in this thread. Anson would not oblige, so not much I can do until someone starts to 'modify' firmware, which I am always cautious about.

If I wanted this DAP predominantly as a portable player, then I would be quite frustrated at its lack of user controls for playing next/previous track, pause, stop etc without having to remove it from my pocket, open the case, turning on the screen etc, etc. But I guess that would require more physical buttons on the other side to control these features without removing DAP from pocket/jacket/bag etc.

I do truly love my DTR1, genuinely and I will always back a small company produced, esoteric 'underdog' that punches well above its weight. I so appreciate that it is totally music-orientated and focussed; however utilising the same sound philosophy, allied to a few more 'physical' user features, would make the "DTR2" an absoulue killer :):)
I am at 6 hours with 2 bars left😀
I am ashamed to brag about battery now but it truly is the first time and considering i am well experienced with daps my only 2 conclusions are
1: was never charged enough ( unlikely, since I’m sure ive left it on all night)
2: has a big impact of how you use it, as in consecutive play with less button press/screen wake up would result in at least 2 hours more play time.
Likely case since I’ve been on a downloading spree since lockdown and trying quickly lots of different files
Although im still a little perplexed 🤔
In any case, im happy now since i don’t have to worry about warranty and sending to China etc
Love this little guy coz its close to my ideal digital source the Sony D25, unbeaten over the years by any portable source yet.
I just paid the Colorfly U6, have a feeling about that one but will report when i get it.
The guy frim online shop said 60 Japanese and 50 Usa bought M15 from them alone.
Well..nice ok dap but I’m getting more and more
feeling that the world portable audiophiles are just as lost in it all as the rest of the world lol

May 12, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #1,289 of 2,316
Happy anniversary! I got the DTR1 one year ago and have been listening to it almost everyday since then.

What a nice little sound monster. Ferrari engine in a sleeper sedan :wink:

Amazing pairing with single dynamic drivers, like Final E5000 and Etymotic ER2XR. Electronic genre in general and good recorded material sound tremendous, visceral and pristine clear.

Viva Dethonray !

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #1,290 of 2,316
Happy anniversary! I got the DTR1 one year ago and have been listening to it almost everyday since then.

What a nice little sound monster. Ferrari engine in a sleeper sedan :wink:

Amazing pairing with single dynamic drivers, like Final E5000 and Etymotic ER2XR. Electronic genre in general and good recorded material sound tremendous, visceral and pristine clear.

Viva Dethonray !
Well said and nice you’re enjoying it solid for a year👍🎂🍻🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back