Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jul 23, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #1,396 of 2,313
I still would like to have it list albums both by title and artist. It's even more bare bones than my old Pono (which lacked a folder view, but had Album and Artist sorting). It just allows you to approach the album list differently. I always see the "A" artists first, and have to scroll my way quite a bit to get to artists starting with "W,X,Y,Or Z"

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #1,397 of 2,313
I still would like to have it list albums both by title and artist. It's even more bare bones than my old Pono (which lacked a folder view, but had Album and Artist sorting). It just allows you to approach the album list differently. I always see the "A" artists first, and have to scroll my way quite a bit to get to artists starting with "W,X,Y,Or Z"
You can actually scroll backward from A to Z by artist by using the top button. I can go from 10,000 Maniacs to Young The Giant in one click!

Hopefully I'm not misinterpretting what your saying...

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #1,398 of 2,313

if i understand you correctly, would pressing the button down down button longer work? It is as though you are skipping the page that you are currently viewing rather than going thru the list of albums/files that is presented at the current page.
Also, would retagging renaming your file name using tag scanner work?

1595568827783.png

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #1,399 of 2,313
@lil BANE -I'll give that a try. So far ok working my way forward through the artists (but it would still be nice to have it listed another way).
@dogtagkz -also hadn't tried the long press, I'll try it, see if it is helpful.
I'm not sure what you're suggesting with the retagging. I suppose changing them from first name/last name to last name/first name would change how they are viewed, but, man, what a big job (were talking one half a T.v. on the card, and that's not close to what I have on the PC to add at some point). BTW, what tagging software do you use? Never quite satisfied with any I've tried.

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #1,400 of 2,313
@lil BANE -I'll give that a try. So far ok working my way forward through the artists (but it would still be nice to have it listed another way).
I'm not sure what you're suggesting with the retagging. I suppose changing them from first name/last name to last name/first name would change how they are viewed, but, man, what a big job (were talking one half a T.v. on the card, and that's not close to what I have on the PC to add at some point). BTW, what tagging software do you use? Never quite satisfied with any I've tried.
I’m a fan of MP3tag. As long as your music file have all their metadata, you can covert all the file names to a new format all at once. I converted the music on my Dethonray SD card to the following format: track # - song title. The folders on the SD card are in the following format “Artist - Album“ and MP3tag software just changes the file names without altering the folders.

I found this format made it easy to see the song title while keeping the songs in the correct order.

Jul 25, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #1,401 of 2,313
Jul 26, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #1,402 of 2,313

I am using TagScanner. Have tried AIMP as well, but I prefer the former.

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #1,403 of 2,313
Yes. Thank you. But just poking the reset hole for greater than 10 seconds doesn't work. Thinking there might be some steps to make the reset kick in.

I'm just randomly pressing the power button and poking the hole and praying the device resets. :) Which it does but I haven't figured out the proper invocation.

---

EDIT: Poke reset hole then press power button for at least 10 seconds does the trick for reset looks like.

MORE EDITS: Poke and hold the reset hole until the device boots if above fails.

Poke and hold the reset button for around 10 seconds. It will boot. I'm an idiot.
---

UPDATE: Battery at four bars. Same experience. Need to reset to bring the device back up. This is stressing me big time.

Another UPDATE: device working normally now. Will update firmware in time.
I'm facing this problem recently. It can't turn on normally, I have to poke the reset button every time when I want to turn it on.

This problem occurred once when I got it and some how it fixed after update to 4.0 but then it came back few days ago.

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #1,404 of 2,313
I'm facing this problem recently. It can't turn on normally, I have to poke the reset button every time when I want to turn it on.

This problem occurred once when I got it and some how it fixed after update to 4.0 but then it came back few days ago.

I'm back on normal operation again. Was thinking real hard what changed when the behavior kicked in. I loaded 8k+ tracks of ogg files. To reiterate, I'm not sure what made it behave that way.

I still have to find time to reflush and update the firmware. I'm afraid to try again. :) For now, I'm sticking with "just enough" tracks to load.

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #1,405 of 2,313
I'm back on normal operation again. Was thinking real hard what changed when the behavior kicked in. I loaded 8k+ tracks of ogg files. To reiterate, I'm not sure what made it behave that way.

I still have to find time to reflush and update the firmware. I'm afraid to try again. :) For now, I'm sticking with "just enough" tracks to load.

I only have around1200 tracks but it still happen to me :triportsad:, I think it might related to automatic shutdown.

What I remember that I do recently is I let it play until battery ran out and leave it idle until reach the shutdown time. Before that I always manually shutdown and not have any problem to turn it on.

There also having weird behavior on charging and battery display.
1. Light turn green after charged for about 10 minutes, I have to unplug and charge it again, this time it will charge for a long time until light turn green.
2. I rarely saw the full battery bar. No matter how long it charge, it always missing 1-2 bar.
3. Battey bar jumping up and down between 2-4 bar.

Well, I can live with weird battery display and charging if it still working normally but can’t turn it on normally when I want is really frustrated.

Jul 28, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #1,407 of 2,313
Couple of questions from someone who just discovered this player today:

1. How is support from the manufacturer when issues arise? Is there any warranty related to the hardware or battery failing?

2.Will this pair well with Rtymotic ER2XR IEMs?

3. Long shot but is anyone here in the Atlanta area? I’d love to try this thing out before spending so much on one.
Thanks!

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #1,408 of 2,313
I only have around1200 tracks but it still happen to me :triportsad:, I think it might related to automatic shutdown.

What I remember that I do recently is I let it play until battery ran out and leave it idle until reach the shutdown time. Before that I always manually shutdown and not have any problem to turn it on.

There also having weird behavior on charging and battery display.
1. Light turn green after charged for about 10 minutes, I have to unplug and charge it again, this time it will charge for a long time until light turn green.
2. I rarely saw the full battery bar. No matter how long it charge, it always missing 1-2 bar.
3. Battey bar jumping up and down between 2-4 bar.

Well, I can live with weird battery display and charging if it still working normally but can’t turn it on normally when I want is really frustrated.

Ooof! I'm not experiencing your listed problems (yet?). I'll tick off auto-shutdown as well. Call it superstition. Whatever helps!

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #1,409 of 2,313
Couple of questions from someone who just discovered this player today:

1. How is support from the manufacturer when issues arise? Is there any warranty related to the hardware or battery failing?

2.Will this pair well with Rtymotic ER2XR IEMs?

3. Long shot but is anyone here in the Atlanta area? I’d love to try this thing out before spending so much on one.
Thanks!

1. It has the warranty for sure if you buy from official dealer. For the direct contact to owner, I saw many positive feedback on how he willing to fix the software problem. Still didn't found any topic about support the hardware related problem.

2. I saw someone mentioned in this thread that it synergy well with ER2XR. I was looking for buying one myself but I gave up cause it not sell in my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back